Thread: Allies Experience & Gold Breakdown - A Guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Allies Experience & Gold Breakdown - A Guide

Update: I've updated all of the experience and gold received from ally missions and added the 2 new campaigns - I didn't update the XP/NRG guide on this thread here because what's there hasn't changed, there's just a few extra campaigns. I also added another column to the gold sheet to show how much you can make starting at 0 energy instead of full energy.

Basically, here are the "best" options depending on what you want:

Most XP/NRG: 102. Fresnel Cemetary - Blake Jones - Question the undertaker
    Most XP/Hour: 115. Worlmen Sepulcher - Cultist Spirit - Rob the deceased (best w/both full or empty energy)
    Most $$/NRG: 111. Worlmen Sepulcher - John Cathaway - Supply Run
    Most $$/Hour: 106. Fresnel Cemetary - Liegh Branagh - Take payoff (if you start w/full energy - 30 second mission)
    Most $$/Hour: 104. Fresnel Cemetary - Night Watchman - Raid mausoleums (if you start w/no energy - 2 hour mission)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that this thread is obsolete, I'm creating a new one that breaks down the experience that you can get from Allies.

I've put in the default info I have so far - I had already started a few of the allies out on tasks so I'll update them tomorrow evening once I see how much energy I spent. There's also a few allies I still have to find, so likewise for them.

Basically, I wanted to know how much experience I could expect per point of energy. I've made a spreadsheet with the results of everything you can have your allies do, but you can see the top performers in this list:

XP/NRG - Mission - XP/Hour - XP/Hour
    17.00 - Morhaven District - Alma Vasquez - Bring coolest item. - 6.38/Hour
    17.00 - Red Light District - Liegh Branagh - Pawn Limo - 3.54/Hour
    17.00 - Marshwood - Cultist Spirit - Bind souls to this plane - 3.54/Hour
    16.92 - Willowbrook Parish - Alma Vasquez - Surprise Me - 8.46/Hour
    16.11 - Gallows Alley Slum - John Cathaway - Surprise Me - 6.04/Hour
    16.08 - Gallows Alley Slum - Bar Fly - Prized Possession - 8.04/Hour
    15.20 - Downtown Suburbs - Liegh Branagh - Trade gems for goods - 3.17/Hour
    15.09 - Downtown Suburbs - Bystander - Search dead police - 6.92/Hour
    13.92 - Market Subway - Night Watchman - Get something from evidence - 6.96/Hour
    05.00 - Red Light District - Bar Fly - Empty out purse - 185.00/Hour (60.00/Hr)
    05.00 - Red Light District - Liegh Branagh - Pawn Ring - 185.00/Hour (60.00/Hr)
    04.78 - Gallows Alley Slum - John Cathaway - Pawn wristwatch - 176.78/Hour (57.33/Hr)

If you'd like to see the full data, here's the link:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...WxMSGkzVHFuWXc

Sheet #1 is an experience breakdown. Sheet #2 is the gold breakdown. Sheet #3 is the actual working data - if you notice anything wrong let me know and I'll update it (there may be typos, just tried getting through it as quick as I could.

Allies - This is pretty straightforward. This is the name of your allies including which campaign they appears in.

Requirements for Allies - This is also pretty straightforward. How much energy do your allies require, how much experience & gold are you going to get, and how long will it take (in hours:minutes:seconds).

Experience Per Energy - The amount of experience you get for each point of energy. If the number is red, you'll be getting near the most available, if it's blue it's still high.

Max Runs Per Hour - How many times could you run this (without platinum) in one hour? Limiters are how long the mission takes, and how much energy it costs, assuming you start with a full energy bar and don't do any other missions and run the mission as soon as possible once you complete it or get enough energy to run it again. Not very realistic situation, but that's what it shows.

Experience Per Hour - Given the criteria above, it tells you how much experience you can make from this mission by concentrating on it for an hour. For those that take more than an hour then obviously you are limited to what fraction of it finishes in that hour. For those that you can run more than once per hour, you're limited by the energy and time required. The first XP/Hour is starting with a full bar, the second is starting with no energy.

Experience Per 100 Energy - In this case, for every 100 energy you spend how much you could expect to earn in experience.

All around it looks like gains will be lower in the new system than they were in the old, but it certainly encourages more active play and logging in more often.
    Last edited by Websterfatu; 08-30-2012 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Added new campaigns, updated gold values for ally missions

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Websterfatu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Very good! sorry i am out of thanks for today...
    DL: love|Floating|Olympian|Cornflake
    pl: Karma|VVorld

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Floating For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Thumbs up and thanks

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RedRyder For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Nice guide HARDO!

haha kidding, thanks for this. Quite helpful.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Flowman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

damnit i was just finishing my sheet now to find you already did it >_______________________<

oh and according to google, you tried to divide by zero a few times :s
    Last edited by between; 06-25-2012 at 06:52 PM.
    Rawriloveyou - 25 vamp <3 Between - 21 vamp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So if I want to level as fast as possible I would seek the highest hourly XP? Or alternatively, if I want to gain the most exp for the time that I invest into the game, I look at the XP per 100 NRG?

It sounds like there is a solid middle ground, based on how often I log in to spend my energy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RossStidham:689476
    So if I want to level as fast as possible I would seek the highest hourly XP? Or alternatively, if I want to gain the most exp for the time that I invest into the game, I look at the XP per 100 NRG?

It sounds like there is a solid middle ground, based on how often I log in to spend my energy.
    Since there is no armor factor against the dps of the missions, I'd choose the one with the most xp/hour
    (Small joke at the Dps vs. Base Damage questions that arise alot)

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by between View Post
    damnit i was just finishing my sheet now to find you already did it >_______________________<
    Yeah, I didn't want that to happen to me, which is why I got it done so quick, heheh.

Quote Originally Posted by between View Post
    oh and according to google, you tried to divide by zero a few times :s
    As I said up above, I'd already used some energy before starting so once they get back tomorrow afternoon I'll update the rest of the sheet for the allies that were busy for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RossStidham View Post

This isn't meant as a "this is the best thing to do" spreadsheet, it's meant as, "this is my strategy, what's the most efficient way to use that strategy" so whatever your strategy is you can have the numbers available in one spot. Like running your allies out as often as possible for as much experience as possible? Look for energy per hour numbers. (The first one is starting w/full energy, the second if you used all your energy and are starting w/0 energy.) Prefer to just get the biggest experience per energy buck? Start at the highest EXP/Energy and work your way down the list as you have enough for each new mission. Looking to do a mix? Well, pick and choose and figure out what you like.

Don't forget to check the second tab if gold is your thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Websterfatu View Post
    Yeah, I didn't want that to happen to me, which is why I got it done so quick, heheh.

As I said up above, I'd already used some energy before starting so once they get back tomorrow afternoon I'll update the rest of the sheet for the allies that were busy for me.

This isn't meant as a "this is the best thing to do" spreadsheet, it's meant as, "this is my strategy, what's the most efficient way to use that strategy" so whatever your strategy is you can have the numbers available in one spot. Like running your allies out as often as possible for as much experience as possible? Look for energy per hour numbers. (The first one is starting w/full energy, the second if you used all your energy and are starting w/0 energy.) Prefer to just get the biggest experience per energy buck? Start at the highest EXP/Energy and work your way down the list as you have enough for each new mission. Looking to do a mix? Well, pick and choose and figure out what you like.

Don't forget to check the second tab if gold is your thing.
    Neat. I think I might mix it up. It definitely looks like it would take a few days to hit level cap, so why not invest half in the 24 hour timers for the best experience per energy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

we need an execution guide now...
    DL: love|Floating|Olympian|Cornflake
    pl: Karma|VVorld

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I had previously updated all of the missing data, and have updated the Old Quarter numbers to reflect the changes...but I've got the Orderly out for another 6 hours so I won't be able to update his numbers until tonight. Removed his numbers for the time being since they'll have changed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Orderly in OQ is still 5e. new numbers are: Take Lunch Money 17xp/51g, Gather information on tenants 15xp/86g, A little B&E 37xp/101g

at 30s he was exploitable by toons under level 9, giving out enough xp in 5 uses (120 xp over 2.5 minutes) to get a level (and fresh xp to do it again). Now it only gives a max of 85.
    Last edited by Snakespeare; 06-28-2012 at 03:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I have added the 18 new allies and missions from the 2 new campaigns and am now working my way through to update the experience and gold numbers to be up to date...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

...and done.