Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aegis does more damage than Bow?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

I been saying this for years now...This game needs Sub Classes for each class. Their needs to be a choice between Dps War option only( In simple terms: I can't use Horn, Jug, HP is lowered, Armor is lowered, and there is no Taunt)and a Tank/Paladin option only, not both combined into one. VB and Rally Cry( Reworked) could be the DPS War Skills that can be used when Horn and Jug is disabled. Rage Ult should only be usable as a Dps War, while the remaining 2 Ulti's would be for Tank/Paladin Class Option. Those are just some quick small examples of what I mean. A major rework for sure but one that should be taken with serious consideration because it would make a huge difference with Class Roles and having Class Options. Imo that is the only logical thing that makes sense with the current state of this game. With Sts current plans for this Expanison it is most likely to late for this. But for the next Expansion I think this can be done.
    Last edited by Fearrr; 01-06-2022 at 10:03 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fearrr View Post
    I been saying this for years now...This game needs Sub Classes for each class. Their needs to be a choice between Dps War option only( In simple terms: I can't use Horn, Jug, HP is lowered, Armor is lowered, and there is no Taunt)and a Tank/Paladin option only, not both combined into one. VB and Rally Cry( Reworked) could be the DPS War Skills that can be used when Horn and Jug is disabled. Rage Ult should only be usable as a Dps War, while the reamining 2 Ulti's would be for Tank/Paladin Class Option. Those are just some quick small examples of what I mean. A major rework for sure but one that should be taken with serious consideration because it would make a huge difference with Class Roles and having Class Options. Imo that is the only logical thing that makes sense with the current state of this game. With Sts current plans for this Expanison it is most likely to late for this. But for the next Expansion I think this can be done.
    I understand your idea but what you do with the existing character?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I been saying this for years now...This game needs Sub Classes for each class. Their needs to be a choice between Dps War option only( In simple terms: I can't use Horn, Jug, HP is lowered, Armor is lowered, and there is no Taunt)and a Tank/Paladin option only, not both combined into one. VB and Rally Cry( Reworked) could be the DPS War Skills that can be used when Horn and Jug is disabled. Rage Ult should only be usable as a Dps War, while the reamining 2 Ulti's would be for Tank/Paladin Class Option. Those are just some quick small examples of what I mean. A major rework for sure but one that should be taken with serious consideration because it would make a huge difference with Class Roles and having Class Options. Imo that is the only logical thing that makes sense with the current state of this game. With Sts current plans for this Expanison it is most likely to late for this. But for the next Expansion I think this can be done.
    This can easily be done with weapon procs so people would take certain skills that complements those procs.

As I have mentioned it many times before, Warriors could use Neptatis to do high single target dps, and use Pisces proc instead of Polaris to shred enemy armor and AoE damage.

But many disgareed.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PatD View Post
    I understand your idea but what you do with the existing character?
    Not sure what you mean by that exactly PatD? Normally in other games when you go to Respec your Skills, that is where you would pick the Main or Sub Class Option. And Skills will be enabled or disabled. Also Stats like HP, Armor, Base Damage, Dodge, Crit, Mana, and Etc will be increased or decreased.
    Last edited by Fearrr; 01-06-2022 at 09:49 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

This means a 1 class with 2 different job/skill? Just like if you want rogue burst or dps? I cant understand in this game why while using bow weapon you can use dagger skill, or while using dagger weapon you can use bow skill? same as warior if you like to use sword/axe need to disable the the support skill like heal and jug.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes View Post
    This means a 1 class with 2 different job/skill? Just like if you want rogue burst or dps?
    Yep this is exactly what I mean.
    Last edited by Fearrr; 01-06-2022 at 10:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Yeah we can learn much from World of Warcraft... xD
    This would be pretty healthy for the Game, nowadays most mages/rogs/wars use similar builds, since it's too easy to choose the best skills and weapons... I mean look at Mage Shield Ult. Compared to the other ones this is a joke, that's why no one uses it. This big difference of quality or utility of skills, pets, procs and everything else leads to a lack of diversity, with everyone following the Meta. However, this also results from the gameplay of AL. It's pretty easy to survive most of the maps. This results in Healers and Tanks beeing useless, which results in all classes trying to catch the highest dps, because the most relevant thing in the Game is Damage.

One guy here mentioned the disabling of health potions- for lowering the survivability and making Healers, Tanks and Teamwork more important. I think this COULD work, also for rogs, if you reduce the mob dmg at the same time and improve heal skills. However, a nerf of potions would be enough maybe.

With classes focusing on special directions, but subclasses to still change youre duty and choose your own way- may it be Dmg Warrior or Tanky rog would lead to much more diversity. However a Dmg Rog would still have to be better than a Dmg Tank. Making your Class Choice dominant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts

Not sure what you mean by that exactly PatD? Normally in other games when you go to Respec your Skills, that is where you would pick the Main or Sub Class Option. And Skills will be enabled or disabled. Also Stats like HP, Armor, Base Damage, Dodge, Crit, Mana, and Etc will be increased or decreased.
    oh i see, so yes i guess it would not be so bad/complicated to implement, now would the majority like it? that is the question lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PatD View Post
    oh i see, so yes i guess it would not be so bad/complicated to implement, now would the majority like it? that is the question lol
    I think it would be tough for the majority to like it because of how restrictive it is and there just isn't enough skills atm to support it. Certain playstyles aren't being used because there isn't any reason to and because they don't have that much synergy with weapons and skills. Take curse for example. before masteries, nobody used the skill in PvE at all, but ever since they buffed curse mastery to allow for targets to take more damage, it's a pretty good skill now and has good synergy with things like meteor and allows mages to be more viable as a support. If you want people to be more diverse and play around with different playstyles, reward them with big damage because people like to be strong and hit hard and it's fun. I usually play as a mage and the three skills that I think are the least viable right now and need help are heal, shield, and lightning. Shield could allow for a tanky mage playstyle if it did something like explode and cause big damage based on how much damage is absorbed. Heal could give a crit rate buff that gets stronger based on how many players you healed. These are just rough examples of the changes that I think should be made to give players the incentive to play more into those skills that aren't as used, allow for more playstyles to be viable, and make theory crafting more exciting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you add "big" damage to every skill in order for them to be perceived as useful, you might want to ask yourself if that will really lead to more "different" playstyles. Not everything should do damage. Strategic gameplay should be rewarded in an mmorpg rather than just mashing some buttons and kill everything within a few clicks. Is that what current AL players want? (honest question; haven't played a lot since 46 cap)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaziscate View Post
    I think it would be tough for the majority to like it because of how restrictive it is and there just isn't enough skills atm to support it. Certain playstyles aren't being used because there isn't any reason to and because they don't have that much synergy with weapons and skills. Take curse for example. before masteries, nobody used the skill in PvE at all, but ever since they buffed curse mastery to allow for targets to take more damage, it's a pretty good skill now and has good synergy with things like meteor and allows mages to be more viable as a support. If you want people to be more diverse and play around with different playstyles, reward them with big damage because people like to be strong and hit hard and it's fun. I usually play as a mage and the three skills that I think are the least viable right now and need help are heal, shield, and lightning. Shield could allow for a tanky mage playstyle if it did something like explode and cause big damage based on how much damage is absorbed. Heal could give a crit rate buff that gets stronger based on how many players you healed. These are just rough examples of the changes that I think should be made to give players the incentive to play more into those skills that aren't as used, allow for more playstyles to be viable, and make theory crafting more exciting.
    You brought up a great point atm there is not enough Skills/Passives to support a Main Class Sub Class System. So I woud I like to add to that. Some more quick small examples:

In these other MMORPG games that had a similar system to this, there was Skills and Passives that went with certain weapons equipped only. Shield Bash Skill which was a Tank Skill would Bash the target with a Shield and Stun, Etc, Etc and Etc. Even though not in this game but would love to see... Duel Wield Dps Wars 😈. Duel Swords, Axes, and Hammers. And they could be mixed together. Right Hand and Left Hand, Main and Secondary Weapons...with Right Hand, Left Hand, Main, and Secondary Skills and Passives. Passive wise having a Sword equipped in either hand gave x amount of damage %, Axes gave x amount of Crit%, Hammers x amount of % for a chance to stun. And 2 Handed Swords/Claymore, Spears, and Etc had their own Skills and Passives too.

The thing is the Majority would like this if Sts while building this Main and Sub Class System, listens to the Community from Top Player's to Casual of what they would like see to as Main Class, Sub Class, and Weapon specific Skills and Passives.
    Last edited by Fearrr; 01-06-2022 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Was getting rdy for work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Idk about u but I see war isn’t as good as it was before the update syrillax before update died 1 hit with proc + ult and heroic tad aa (with gl set) now I need Groucho + heroic tad aa without Groucho I do 50% dmg on it with gl set meanwhile my spouse (idk about other rogues) almost 1 shot the boss (I’m talking dm boss)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Killyxan View Post
    Idk about u but I see war isn’t as good as it was before the update syrillax before update died 1 hit with proc + ult and heroic tad aa (with gl set) now I need Groucho + heroic tad aa without Groucho I do 50% dmg on it with gl set meanwhile my spouse (idk about other rogues) almost 1 shot the boss (I’m talking dm boss)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Have u ever asked urself if the role of warrior is to 1hit bosses.

If u think for a bit, you'll see that's the job of rogues.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

You brought up a great point atm there is not enough Skills/Passives to support a Main Class Sub Class System. So I woud I like to add to that. Some more quick small examples:

In these other MMORPG games that had a similar system to this, there was Skills and Passives that went with certain weapons equipped only. Shield Bash Skill which was a Tank Skill would Bash the target with a Shield and Stun, Etc, Etc and Etc. Even though not in this game but would love to see... Duel Wield Dps Wars 😈. Duel Swords, Axes, and Hammers. And they could be mixed together. Right Hand and Left Hand, Main and Secondary Weapons...with Right Hand, Left Hand, Main, and Secondary Skills and Passives. Passive wise having a Sword equipped in either hand gave x amount of damage %, Axes gave x amount of Crit%, Hammers x amount of % for a chance to stun. And 2 Handed Swords/Claymore, Spears, and Etc had their own Skills and Passives too.

The thing is the Majority would like this if Sts while building this Main and Sub Class System, listens to the Community from Top Player's to Casual of what they would like see to as Main Class, Sub Class, and Weapon specific Skills and Passives.
    +1 get this ideas some support and attention!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Stormydragon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stormydragon View Post
    +1 get this ideas some support and attention!
    Last thing I would like to add cause I think it's needed. If a Duel Wield System would be added I acutally would love to see this for all Classes not just War Class to make things fair. Rogues could have: Short Swords, Claws, and Shurikens. And Mages could have: Magic Daggers, Uzi's, and Sawed-Off Shotguns. And this new Duel Wield Weapon System would be unlocked New Expansion Endgame. You could get really creative with this New Weapon System!

I always preferred Duel Wield v.s 2H Sword in other games. Because you can mix different Weapon Types with Main and Off-Hand which allows for more strategic Pure Dps Gameplay.
    Last edited by Fearrr; 01-07-2022 at 03:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yeah I believe so. I’ve seen a warr one hit hydra with sunken proc aegis myth proc. And when I try with rogue. Not even close with same dmg output.