Thread: Clearing my mind, throwing out some thoughts

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts

Default Clearing my mind, throwing out some thoughts

Okay so in general I'm not really a fan of going after certain topics on forum because history and in general toxicity showed that sooner or later those kind of threads are being locked down anyway.

So in response of recent thread about Leaderboards I just wanted to throw into discussion few things that have not AT ALL been considered while trying to suggest anything in regards of changing how timed leaderboards are achieved.

1. It's the TEAM of people that I've been running with/being friends with for a long time now. There's more than 20 seasons of this game already whereas timed runs have been with us since very season 2 I believe. I came across 1000's of players and this game made me realize that competitiveness is what really makes this game fun at the very end. Back in the days with PvP leaderboards and CTF rooms filled with people (called Golden days by some old players) to some revitalized version of Honor pvp where people go for some knowledge and skill to score a banner. It's the people for people, sometimes solo, sometimes the team. Always been like this.

2. Enormous amounts of HATE that I also came across in this game because of how competitive I always tried to be in various aspects of the game is undeniably (and actually sadly) part of the gameplay and that's a matter of fact that if you're succesful in this game in a fair way you will ALWAYS face people that either want to put you down because of jealousy or want to put you down because you don't show helping hand. Deal with it, get along - call it whatever. It is what is in here.

3. Arcane Legends have had some aspects of being free to play but pay to play is the major fact of how the game operates and how actually things run so you STILL CAN PLAY this game for free. Don't try to make any leaderboard look like it's necessary for your gameplay because it's not and trust me - ANYONE can be on leaderboard. Work for it.

4. I came across the opinion of "it's not the players, it's the gears" - well sorry but it sounds like that any leaderboard run is being rushed by a bot and not me - an actual person? Not gonna lie, can easily tell someone have no clue what they're saying or what they to say but either way it sounds really bad. It's not the gears, I started with nothing, like everyone else at some point did as well.

5. Never in my ENTIRE AL history I would degrade myself to give anyone or help anyone with spot on leadeboard for any kind of payment. It genuinely hits my pride and ego and yeah I'll admit it BECAUSE everyone have ego and no, I will never be personally sitting there offering slots on leaderboard for any forms of cash = Like it happened with certain guild SELLING slots on Shuyal Arena leaderboard because it was a tough 1 way deal of where only couple people knew how to run it - therefore it got abused.

6. Countless hours, days, weeks and trying to figure out how to run certain maps. Strategies, pets, map layout and sweep, mob placement, trigger spots - You know those? You don't? Well then sorry, don't come at me or anyone I have ever ran with to just say it takes GEARS to achieve anything. Genuinely if some people never ran with me they have no clue how much dedication it went at first to adapt and overcome anything that developers put out there in game so that we could still carry on having fun and stay competitive. Once again I'll say - Work for it.

7. There's not so many OG players left in the game that has been in the game since very launch and if you ask any of them how come you could achieve anything or HIT the leaderboard even none of them will say it was granted or people got on it because by popular demand it got reworked to the point where banners were given to anyone who's been competing.

8. Talking about how game is dead, gold loot kills game, awakenings kill the game, class unbalance kill the game. Sure but then again, you're logging in, you play, you complain - YOU STILL PLAY and you still complain. Adapt and finally overcome otherwise I'd suggest to uninstall the game and try something else because for how long can 1 moan about same topic over and over again? That applies to moaning about leaderboards - then compete and find your own way to do so.

9. It's never been easy and behind the scenes it doesn't look so fun and easy how people think it is just because my team happened to be on those leaderboards for couple seasons now. Granted some game knowledge and experience those actually paid off so we can have those banners and badges for ourselves. Given anyone would compete - sure but if those would be just singlehandedly given to anyone banners and badges lose their value.

10. SPEED IS NOT EVERYTHING and i'll say again IT'S NOT because with basic gears, decent awakenings (game experience and knowledge) you can easily hit and score those for yourself. Kudos to few peeps from I believe "The Collective" guild that got themselves banners from Southern Seas map during season 23- living proof you can compete and get those for yourself.

Last and actually least I'd like to thank everyone I ever had a chance to run with since my journey in timed runs relaunched nearly 10 seasons ago and I actually could compete in those myself because believe it or not - I would not get a banner in the past too and I would not be picked for runs either - called life.

Timed runs now are hard work, dedication and putting some heart to it. It's our hobby that we play this game, it is ENTIRELY MY CHOICE how I spend my time by playing AL therefore I want to compete to achieve as much as I can. Goes for every person that compete in any sort of seasonal leaderboards.

You want some? Get some then.

Thanks for reading,
    signing myself under all this,
    AL's #MostWanted

Demon

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to |Ares| For This Useful Post: