Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37

Thread: Clearing my mind, throwing out some thoughts

  1. #1
    Senior Member |Ares|'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,161
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    319
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    559
    Thanked in
    232 Posts

    Default Clearing my mind, throwing out some thoughts

    Okay so in general I'm not really a fan of going after certain topics on forum because history and in general toxicity showed that sooner or later those kind of threads are being locked down anyway.

    So in response of recent thread about Leaderboards I just wanted to throw into discussion few things that have not AT ALL been considered while trying to suggest anything in regards of changing how timed leaderboards are achieved.


    1. It's the TEAM of people that I've been running with/being friends with for a long time now. There's more than 20 seasons of this game already whereas timed runs have been with us since very season 2 I believe. I came across 1000's of players and this game made me realize that competitiveness is what really makes this game fun at the very end. Back in the days with PvP leaderboards and CTF rooms filled with people (called Golden days by some old players) to some revitalized version of Honor pvp where people go for some knowledge and skill to score a banner. It's the people for people, sometimes solo, sometimes the team. Always been like this.

    2. Enormous amounts of HATE that I also came across in this game because of how competitive I always tried to be in various aspects of the game is undeniably (and actually sadly) part of the gameplay and that's a matter of fact that if you're succesful in this game in a fair way you will ALWAYS face people that either want to put you down because of jealousy or want to put you down because you don't show helping hand. Deal with it, get along - call it whatever. It is what is in here.

    3. Arcane Legends have had some aspects of being free to play but pay to play is the major fact of how the game operates and how actually things run so you STILL CAN PLAY this game for free. Don't try to make any leaderboard look like it's necessary for your gameplay because it's not and trust me - ANYONE can be on leaderboard. Work for it.

    4. I came across the opinion of "it's not the players, it's the gears" - well sorry but it sounds like that any leaderboard run is being rushed by a bot and not me - an actual person? Not gonna lie, can easily tell someone have no clue what they're saying or what they to say but either way it sounds really bad. It's not the gears, I started with nothing, like everyone else at some point did as well.

    5. Never in my ENTIRE AL history I would degrade myself to give anyone or help anyone with spot on leadeboard for any kind of payment. It genuinely hits my pride and ego and yeah I'll admit it BECAUSE everyone have ego and no, I will never be personally sitting there offering slots on leaderboard for any forms of cash = Like it happened with certain guild SELLING slots on Shuyal Arena leaderboard because it was a tough 1 way deal of where only couple people knew how to run it - therefore it got abused.

    6. Countless hours, days, weeks and trying to figure out how to run certain maps. Strategies, pets, map layout and sweep, mob placement, trigger spots - You know those? You don't? Well then sorry, don't come at me or anyone I have ever ran with to just say it takes GEARS to achieve anything. Genuinely if some people never ran with me they have no clue how much dedication it went at first to adapt and overcome anything that developers put out there in game so that we could still carry on having fun and stay competitive. Once again I'll say - Work for it.

    7. There's not so many OG players left in the game that has been in the game since very launch and if you ask any of them how come you could achieve anything or HIT the leaderboard even none of them will say it was granted or people got on it because by popular demand it got reworked to the point where banners were given to anyone who's been competing.

    8. Talking about how game is dead, gold loot kills game, awakenings kill the game, class unbalance kill the game. Sure but then again, you're logging in, you play, you complain - YOU STILL PLAY and you still complain. Adapt and finally overcome otherwise I'd suggest to uninstall the game and try something else because for how long can 1 moan about same topic over and over again? That applies to moaning about leaderboards - then compete and find your own way to do so.

    9. It's never been easy and behind the scenes it doesn't look so fun and easy how people think it is just because my team happened to be on those leaderboards for couple seasons now. Granted some game knowledge and experience those actually paid off so we can have those banners and badges for ourselves. Given anyone would compete - sure but if those would be just singlehandedly given to anyone banners and badges lose their value.

    10. SPEED IS NOT EVERYTHING and i'll say again IT'S NOT because with basic gears, decent awakenings (game experience and knowledge) you can easily hit and score those for yourself. Kudos to few peeps from I believe "The Collective" guild that got themselves banners from Southern Seas map during season 23- living proof you can compete and get those for yourself.



    Last and actually least I'd like to thank everyone I ever had a chance to run with since my journey in timed runs relaunched nearly 10 seasons ago and I actually could compete in those myself because believe it or not - I would not get a banner in the past too and I would not be picked for runs either - called life.

    Timed runs now are hard work, dedication and putting some heart to it. It's our hobby that we play this game, it is ENTIRELY MY CHOICE how I spend my time by playing AL therefore I want to compete to achieve as much as I can. Goes for every person that compete in any sort of seasonal leaderboards.


    You want some? Get some then.


    Thanks for reading,
    signing myself under all this,
    AL's #MostWanted

    Demon

    Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

  2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to |Ares| For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Member SpeedAndHavoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Posts
    56
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Default

    “you want some? get some then.”
    simple yet true, nothing comes free in life.
    salute to all the ppl who became legends in this game.

  4. #3
    Member musasun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    188
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    23
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    25
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

    Default

    Hard work and dedication? They don't understand, Demon. You lost them right there. Instead of getting good, they want the bar lowered to their own potentials. Let's try to get their game play nerfed. They are so thirsty for what they can't have that they begin to plot against those who have it.

    Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
    I can't help it, all I hear when you're crying is laughs.

  5. #4
    Senior Member Stephencobear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Perpendicular to everything
    Posts
    1,205
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,135
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    741
    Thanked in
    410 Posts

    Default

    Ppl have become obsessed with the insane idea of equality of outcome, instead of equality of opportunity
    \m/,_________( >. <‘ )_________,\m/
    ign : Suentous : High society

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stephencobear For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    1,322
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    121
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

    Default

    Pretty sure the post was about one player being in multiple spots on the same dungeon lb. But whatever i guess...

  8. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    189
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    20
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

    Default

    The point it's about the stack of the same people in the lb. The top players deserves top spots, but not all the spots Aviable.
    did u ever see some competition were the same guy took place 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 ?
    What the people are complaining about is that some leaderboard list like hauntlet and planar shouldn't be filled with multiple times of the 4-5 same people.
    Also the virtual world of arcane legends allows the same player to switch between accounts and get another lb banner.
    That's not against the game tos or something else but that's extremely disappointing for the community.

    That's the Key of the thread and I don't think that this issue will be fixed easily, because u can't force players to share what accounts they own.

    So for all of those legit reasons people complains about ranked leaderboards and it whould be right for people to admit the truth.

  9. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    907
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    28
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    91
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

    Default

    sup im og player and can say for most part the devs are doing a great job and they never get praise for

  10. #8
    Senior Member |Ares|'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,161
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    319
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    559
    Thanked in
    232 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dispressor View Post
    The point it's about the stack of the same people in the lb. The top players deserves top spots, but not all the spots Aviable.
    did u ever see some competition were the same guy took place 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 ?
    What the people are complaining about is that some leaderboard list like hauntlet and planar shouldn't be filled with multiple times of the 4-5 same people.
    Also the virtual world of arcane legends allows the same player to switch between accounts and get another lb banner.
    That's not against the game tos or something else but that's extremely disappointing for the community.

    That's the Key of the thread and I don't think that this issue will be fixed easily, because u can't force players to share what accounts they own.

    So for all of those legit reasons people complains about ranked leaderboards and it whould be right for people to admit the truth.
    But admit what truth? That 1 team took over timed leaderboards because they're skilled enough to do so? Yeah I've seen competition where same people took multiple spots everywhere. Deviant Misfits, Enigmatic, Eminence - old guilds filled with timed runners.
    Hauntlet was not obtained by any endgame guild for 20 SEASONS (exclude season 11 bug). What about people doing seasonal leaderboards with more than 1 account aps wise? What about people farming kills to get those APS done as well.
    What about people running Hydra, Orrick or Gates on same account but different classes?

    That's not against the game tos <- Your words, therefore for Hauntlet there is 25 slots and every single 1 is with different setup = different record set.
    What's disappointing for the community is the fact people are too lazy to contest it or to figure out how to compete, sick of just listening to moaning how it's unobtainable when it is.

    Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to |Ares| For This Useful Post:


  12. #9
    Blogger QuaseT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,049
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,242
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    909
    Thanked in
    428 Posts

    Default

    I'd vote to change that. A static team of 4 with only 2 chars each could claim almost all 25 lb spots if they make use of all possible constellations. I agree that most should try (maybe they did and we don't know) and generally everybody likes to complain.
    I dont see why the same players on multiple chars can be on one and the same lb. Especially talking about a scenario above where exactly the same 3-4 players claim most of the lb with different chars. The placements should contain different players. Not only for low-level timeds but also hydra, evg, temple and all others. That isn't about you or anyone else in your team/guild/friends. Example - temple lb where I went top10 with 2 chars in two runs. Doesn't seem intended to me and should be changed. Don't understand me wrong XD I will not do timeds either way. I dont believe I need to to suggest a change.

  13. #10
    Senior Member |Ares|'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,161
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    319
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    559
    Thanked in
    232 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    I'd vote to change that. A static team of 4 with only 2 chars each could claim almost all 25 lb spots if they make use of all possible constellations. I agree that most should try (maybe they did and we don't know) and generally everybody likes to complain.
    I dont see why the same players on multiple chars can be on one and the same lb. Especially talking about a scenario above where exactly the same 3-4 players claim most of the lb with different chars. The placements should contain different players. Not only for low-level timeds but also hydra, evg, temple and all others. That isn't about you or anyone else in your team/guild/friends. Example - temple lb where I went top10 with 2 chars in two runs. Doesn't seem intended to me and should be changed. Don't understand me wrong XD I will not do timeds either way. I dont believe I need to to suggest a change.
    Vote to change what exactly? Static team of 4 with only 2 chars each? I have around 10 people in team, there's also around 30 if not more people appearing on the leaderboard as well. Change what? I'm lost in all those arguments honestly.

    Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

  14. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    189
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    20
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

    Default

    We talk about the current state of game not on what appens in previous seasons, so maybe now we can fix the unfair system used in the past.
    I explain better the discourse of the accounts with an example.
    It is as if Michael Phelps could participate in all the qualifiers and obviously being the best he would win all the places for the final. What does it mean? He is already the best and will win the gold medal for which reason he must also be classified in all the other free spaces.
    And I found difficult to belive that u run in another account without passing any items from main.
    The arguments for me do not exist, if you intend to understand it is all written in the previous post.

  15. #12
    Blogger QuaseT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,049
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,242
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    909
    Thanked in
    428 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by |Ares| View Post
    Vote to change what exactly? Static team of 4 with only 2 chars each? I have around 10 people in team, there's also around 30 if not more people appearing on the leaderboard as well. Change what? I'm lost in all those arguments honestly.
    You can only be listed once per account per lb category. A team that includes you again will not be listed in the same category as a second spot. Improvement will "overwrite" previous record even if only 1 person of that party runs again with another party.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post:


  17. #13
    Senior Member |Ares|'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,161
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    319
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    559
    Thanked in
    232 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dispressor View Post
    And I found difficult to belive that u run in another account without passing any items from main.
    The arguments for me do not exist, if you intend to understand it is all written in the previous post.
    But who has ever mentioned that Im not doing timed runs with different classes? Of course I do and it's same account just different alts.

    Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

  18. #14
    Senior Member |Ares|'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,161
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    319
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    559
    Thanked in
    232 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    You can only be listed once per account per lb category. A team that includes you again will not be listed in the same category as a second spot. Improvement will "overwrite" previous record even if only 1 person of that party runs again with another party.
    So I'm supposed to run 1 map out of 50 in 1 leaderboard just so other people can have a chance by me not contesting the same category? Wait what. lol

    Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

  19. #15
    Blogger QuaseT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,049
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,242
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    909
    Thanked in
    428 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by |Ares| View Post
    So I'm supposed to run 1 map out of 50 in 1 leaderboard just so other people can have a chance by me not contesting the same category? Wait what. lol
    This is a suggestion and open for changes. You can run every story map as they contain individual challenges. Or you could put them into brackets of maps of each expansion. I was only talking about hauntlet, arena, evg, temple, orrick, hydra etc. in the top post. I really thought I don't have to mention all lbs as it is pretty clear what the thought behind it is. To make it clear, I would not include top players or top hc lbs, no event lbs and maybe include seasonals top players or top hcs. As said open for changes to deal with the issue I mentioned and feel to need corrected.

  20. #16
    Senior Member BaronB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Your Imagination
    Posts
    1,446
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    867
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    996
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

    Default

    So...

    Based on the changes being suggested...

    If I made a seasonal mage and got #1... I shouldn't then proceed to make a war and rogue the same season and also make them hit #1...

    Also if I've hit leaderboard 1 season... I shouldn't do it again the next season...


    I tell you what...


    Why dont we just get rid of Leaderboards altogether and just kill off any form of competition because its that's the road it seems people want to go down because they having a hard time getting on it and are unhappy that others are dominating it at the moment.



    There is more different people that appear record runs now than there has ever been before.

    That's because in the past those record runner groups were small and rather toxic with the competition between each other...

    Now you have a good size team of people that have fun and slowly taking more different people out there to experience being on record runs...


    However, that's something to be grateful for not just something you should expect to happen.


    This isn't the old days where 1% of players who have Arcane rings or SnS pet dominate the game.


    As i keep saying, most just lack actual friendships and teamwork and instead of fixing themselves, they want to try to adjust things around them instead to suit their selfish/toxic ways.


    If you want more advice and tips about how to make friends and one day be able to compete for lb with your own team, feel free to hit me up.


    Meantime lets stop this "oh everything broken lets change it" attitude and lets work on changing ourselves instead to be able to achieve the goals we want to achieve whilst being a positive influence to those around us.




    New Year, New Me.


    1 <3

    Godfather of Arlor
    Website | Forums | Hall Of Fame | Shop | Discord


  21. #17
    Senior Member BaronB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Your Imagination
    Posts
    1,446
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    867
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    996
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    This is a suggestion and open for changes. You can run every story map as they contain individual challenges. Or you could put them into brackets of maps of each expansion. I was only talking about hauntlet, arena, evg, temple, orrick, hydra etc. in the top post. I really thought I don't have to mention all lbs as it is pretty clear what the thought behind it is. To make it clear, I would not include top players or top hc lbs, no event lbs and maybe include seasonals top players or top hcs. As said open for changes to deal with the issue I mentioned and feel to need corrected.
    An none of this would work either..

    I get top arena for example on my main... sure if the rest of my times might not appear anymore but if i wanted to i make a new account completely level it up, pass gears and i still do same thing... so its pointless to try implement something like that...

    Also could say once you get a time on lb the game doesn't let u run map again unless ur wiped out... well what about people who run last hours of a season so i dont have a chance to compete?

    Again it doesn't work.


    There isn't anything wrong with LB and only thing that needs to change is people's attitudes.

    Godfather of Arlor
    Website | Forums | Hall Of Fame | Shop | Discord


  22. #18
    Blogger QuaseT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,049
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,242
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    909
    Thanked in
    428 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    So...

    Based on the changes being suggested...

    If I made a seasonal mage and got #1... I shouldn't then proceed to make a war and rogue the same season and also make them hit #1...

    Also if I've hit leaderboard 1 season... I shouldn't do it again the next season...


    I tell you what...


    Why dont we just get rid of Leaderboards altogether and just kill off any form of competition because its that's the road it seems people want to go down because they having a hard time getting on it and are unhappy that others are dominating it at the moment.



    There is more different people that appear record runs now than there has ever been before.

    That's because in the past those record runner groups were small and rather toxic with the competition between each other...

    Now you have a good size team of people that have fun and slowly taking more different people out there to experience being on record runs...


    However, that's something to be grateful for not just something you should expect to happen.


    This isn't the old days where 1% of players who have Arcane rings or SnS pet dominate the game.


    As i keep saying, most just lack actual friendships and teamwork and instead of fixing themselves, they want to try to adjust things around them instead to suit their selfish/toxic ways.


    If you want more advice and tips about how to make friends and one day be able to compete for lb with your own team, feel free to hit me up.


    Meantime lets stop this "oh everything broken lets change it" attitude and lets work on changing ourselves instead to be able to achieve the goals we want to achieve whilst being a positive influence to those around us.




    New Year, New Me.


    1 <3
    Just for the top example. War and rog are two different categories of the hardcore seasonals so I'd say no, you can still do it. An example I'd include is if I make 10 warriors and tie them all on hc lb. I mean it still a matter of how would you like the lb to look like. I'd rather see 10 new players on it then me with 10 chars. I don't believe I am in a fair competition with new players either there.

  23. #19
    Senior Member gobbels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    julie
    Posts
    557
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    87
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    39
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

    Default

    Its mainly op awakes, as one of guys that you carried to lb claims. Earlier one person flexed on (Hear me out lb) thread. He mentioned it was fast and easy to get, and didnt take much time or effort.

    The ms stuff not fair, cus like some with 200ms vs 500ms. You just yourself clear the whole map before the guy manages to run to boss. i bet u familiar with this anyways.

    Anyways most maps you 1tap every mobs, so all what matters is how much ur speed while running to end where timer stops.

  24. #20
    Senior Member Kystone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    931
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    203
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gobbels View Post
    Its mainly op awakes, as one of guys that you carried to lb claims. Earlier one person flexed on (Hear me out lb) thread. He mentioned it was fast and easy to get, and didnt take much time or effort.

    The ms stuff not fair, cus like some with 200ms vs 500ms. You just yourself clear the whole map before the guy manages to run to boss. i bet u familiar with this anyways.

    Anyways most maps you 1tap every mobs, so all what matters is how much ur speed while running to end where timer stops.
    Seems plenty “fair” to me that we put to use the gear we spent our gold on to get 🤷*♀️

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Throwing the towel in...
    By EpicFlash in forum Sunsets and Happy Trails
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-24-2018, 05:14 PM
  2. Throwing in the towel..
    By rangerockerr in forum Sunsets and Happy Trails
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-10-2014, 08:19 PM
  3. throwing in a new pink
    By thugimmortal in forum PL Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-14-2011, 01:34 PM
  4. Replies: 62
    Last Post: 12-14-2010, 11:38 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •