Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37

Thread: Clearing my mind, throwing out some thoughts

  1. #21
    Blogger QuaseT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,049
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,242
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    909
    Thanked in
    428 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    An none of this would work either..

    I get top arena for example on my main... sure if the rest of my times might not appear anymore but if i wanted to i make a new account completely level it up, pass gears and i still do same thing... so its pointless to try implement something like that...

    Also could say once you get a time on lb the game doesn't let u run map again unless ur wiped out... well what about people who run last hours of a season so i dont have a chance to compete?

    Again it doesn't work.


    There isn't anything wrong with LB and only thing that needs to change is people's attitudes.
    Using multiple accounts as single person was a reason to get banned when I asked devs in pm years ago during 3rd bday event. I know people do it and arent banned to this day so yes its a problem.
    You can improve ur own record as often as u want. Just the best one counts so it means once u have a better time the old, slower run will vanish from lb. You aren't limited in the amount of tries or the day you achieve the record.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Stephencobear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Perpendicular to everything
    Posts
    1,204
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,133
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    741
    Thanked in
    410 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    Using multiple accounts as single person was a reason to get banned when I asked devs in pm years ago during 3rd bday event. I know people do it and arent banned to this day so yes its a problem.
    Having and using more than one acc is not a reason to get banned
    I asked devs more than once
    No different than having multiple toons

    Using 2 accounts to exploit the game is

    Big difference
    \m/,_________( >. <‘ )_________,\m/
    ign : Suentous : High society

  3. #23
    Senior Member BaronB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Your Imagination
    Posts
    1,446
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    866
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    996
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    Just for the top example. War and rog are two different categories of the hardcore seasonals so I'd say no, you can still do it. An example I'd include is if I make 10 warriors and tie them all on hc lb. I mean it still a matter of how would you like the lb to look like. I'd rather see 10 new players on it then me with 10 chars. I don't believe I am in a fair competition with new players either there.
    Alright ill give you a better more personal example


    Last week i got asked if i wanted to try have a go at Arena LB, why not i figured and went along and we running for couple hours.. tbf was fun too as quite a few silly nab moments but afterwards i check the lbs and yeah my name appears like 5/6 times... one of them i was up there solo as the others left the map knowing it was unlikely a record run and i stayed till the end and bam i was ranked 17th lol

    (obviously LBs been cleared an that wouldn't have stayed but nether the less i appeared on 5 diff recs with the same 4 man team I've been running for the last 2 hours)

    What needs to be made clear is that at no point is anyone sitting there thinking

    "oh lets keep running and make sure no one else can ever get LB"

    it just happened that we were beating our own times within fractions of seconds which was still better time then what others had been getting.

    Now that doesn't mean LB is broken or needs fixing as such.

    If it was because the team that kept getting the best times had unfair advantage ... for example had a pet that helped greatly but its limited number of players had such egg (like when SNS was first given as lb prize before anyone else could get it)

    Then i could understand wanting to try change things...

    However, there isn't a single thing that's unfair...

    Sure might not gotten as lucky with some awakes but with enough gold u can buy everything you need and you dont even need plats for it as with enough time u can even farm the gold just means you work harder but it can still be done...


    So what exactly is unfair?

    What we should make it easier for people because they dont want to try quite as hard?

    Lets behave ourselves now, shall we?


    sigh

    I do agree with the fair competition and If there was something that needed changing I'm always an advocate for it and always have been.

    However again, ill repeat myself.

    There isn't anything wrong with leaderboards.


    Why instead to practice what I preach with fairness knowing the leaderboard is as fair as it can be already, instead I try to encourage and advocate those timed runners to be more open and take new people out too...

    Of course, there is going to be times they won't want to share all secrets etc which is the same I know as helpful as you are you wouldn't want to risk trying harder APs on hardcore for complete strangers either.

    But at least its been the correct type of change and results of which seems to be more and more variations that appear on those timed runs then has done before.

    Again it shouldn't be something ever expected.

    Just because someone has level capped or done all APs etc, that's their own achievements.

    If you expect that person has to help others then that's selfish. If they do decide to help however its making sure to show gratitude instead.

    Its starts boiling down to even should someone charge a person just for finding elite boss on HC as well.


    We free to voice our opinions by all means its healthy... But lets not keep trying to advocate changing something that isn't broken that's unhealthy.

    Godfather of Arlor
    Website | Forums | Hall Of Fame | Shop | Discord


  4. The Following User Says Thank You to BaronB For This Useful Post:


  5. #24
    Blogger QuaseT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,049
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,242
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    909
    Thanked in
    428 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    Alright ill give you a better more personal example


    Last week i got asked if i wanted to try have a go at Arena LB, why not i figured and went along and we running for couple hours.. tbf was fun too as quite a few silly nab moments but afterwards i check the lbs and yeah my name appears like 5/6 times... one of them i was up there solo as the others left the map knowing it was unlikely a record run and i stayed till the end and bam i was ranked 17th lol

    (obviously LBs been cleared an that wouldn't have stayed but nether the less i appeared on 5 diff recs with the same 4 man team I've been running for the last 2 hours)

    What needs to be made clear is that at no point is anyone sitting there thinking

    "oh lets keep running and make sure no one else can ever get LB"

    it just happened that we were beating our own times within fractions of seconds which was still better time then what others had been getting.

    Now that doesn't mean LB is broken or needs fixing as such.

    If it was because the team that kept getting the best times had unfair advantage ... for example had a pet that helped greatly but its limited number of players had such egg (like when SNS was first given as lb prize before anyone else could get it)

    Then i could understand wanting to try change things...

    However, there isn't a single thing that's unfair...

    Sure might not gotten as lucky with some awakes but with enough gold u can buy everything you need and you dont even need plats for it as with enough time u can even farm the gold just means you work harder but it can still be done...


    So what exactly is unfair?

    What we should make it easier for people because they dont want to try quite as hard?

    Lets behave ourselves now, shall we?


    sigh

    I do agree with the fair competition and If there was something that needed changing I'm always an advocate for it and always have been.

    However again, ill repeat myself.

    There isn't anything wrong with leaderboards.


    Why instead to practice what I preach with fairness knowing the leaderboard is as fair as it can be already, instead I try to encourage and advocate those timed runners to be more open and take new people out too...

    Of course, there is going to be times they won't want to share all secrets etc which is the same I know as helpful as you are you wouldn't want to risk trying harder APs on hardcore for complete strangers either.

    But at least its been the correct type of change and results of which seems to be more and more variations that appear on those timed runs then has done before.

    Again it shouldn't be something ever expected.

    Just because someone has level capped or done all APs etc, that's their own achievements.

    If you expect that person has to help others then that's selfish. If they do decide to help however its making sure to show gratitude instead.

    Its starts boiling down to even should someone charge a person just for finding elite boss on HC as well.


    We free to voice our opinions by all means its healthy... But lets not keep trying to advocate changing something that isn't broken that's unhealthy.
    I know you don't but how do you know there isn't somebody who tries to do that with any other lb or has ever tried to do it? Im fine with the fact that you believe its fair and I believe that personal running u mentioned was fair aswell. Personally, I dont think its fair to have 25 spots on lets say arena lb as one person, generally speaking. For example: a trio and just one more "spare" member in each run - with 25 times the same time doesnt deserve to hold all 25 places in my opinion. As I agree its not broken but could be improved imo. I mean why isnt this suggestion allowed? Its just an opinion afterall.

  6. #25
    Senior Member BaronB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Your Imagination
    Posts
    1,446
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    866
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    996
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    Using multiple accounts as single person was a reason to get banned when I asked devs in pm years ago during 3rd bday event. I know people do it and arent banned to this day so yes its a problem.
    You can improve ur own record as often as u want. Just the best one counts so it means once u have a better time the old, slower run will vanish from lb. You aren't limited in the amount of tries or the day you achieve the record.


    as mention below...

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    Having and using more than one acc is not a reason to get banned
    I asked devs more than once
    No different than having multiple toons

    Using 2 accounts to exploit the game is

    Big difference
    i
    Nether the less again no one is even making different accounts w/e to just block people from being able to hit LB its not even a train of thought.


    Besides literally asking the timed team to never run maps again I cant see how you could possibly make things any fairer.


    To be honest I don't think people realize just how unfair things could actually be.

    An being in the position I am within this game I truly believe I could truly influence things in a direction where LBs are really closed off to people except a handful of players and that would include guilds etc as well.

    Alot of what I consider unfair and toxic actions could be implemented such as poaching/bribery/blocking etc to make sure the game becomes an unfair cesspool of toxicity it nearly was once upon a time.

    Thankfully I have pride in myself and what I do and I encourage others around me to be the same because of the honest work they put in to be at the stage they are now.


    Youve been around me long enough in the past to know the things I say already. If being out this long as made you forget in anyways you know my doors always open if you ever want to see for yourself that what I say isn't just talk


    1 <3

    Godfather of Arlor
    Website | Forums | Hall Of Fame | Shop | Discord


  7. #26
    Senior Member BaronB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Your Imagination
    Posts
    1,446
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    866
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    996
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    I know you don't but how do you know there isn't somebody who tries to do that with any other lb or has ever tried to do it? Im fine with the fact that you believe its fair and I believe that personal running u mentioned was fair aswell. Personally, I dont think its fair to have 25 spots on lets say arena lb as one person, generally speaking. For example: a trio and just one more "spare" member in each run - with 25 times the same time doesnt deserve to hold all 25 places in my opinion. As I agree its not broken but could be improved imo. I mean why isnt this suggestion allowed? Its just an opinion afterall.
    Yup we have same general idea and that's why for the last year or so now all I do is encourage more players to run with each other, and grateful whenever they do!

    Of course goes without saying I don't exactly encourage doing this with just anybody that's not under the same roof as us.

    Then also keep it in a way isn't just anyone can come to HS and bam means you have a banner... it would cheapen it and be meaningless but that's something like not going into all my personal business etc etc however not exactly going to keep quiet if unfairness is ever going to be insinuated when I know already how fair things are already and also how much work gets put into actually keeping things as fair as possible.

    It would be easier to make things unfair, to be really honest.

    Godfather of Arlor
    Website | Forums | Hall Of Fame | Shop | Discord


  8. #27
    Forum Adept Stormydragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    314
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    91
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    109
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

    Default

    I have to disagree with the OP with all respect, but not everyone is able to get lb. You say it's all about hard work, but not everyone is able to spend the same amount of free time to play AL(am mostly talking about long event lb's)

  9. #28
    Blogger QuaseT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,049
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,242
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    909
    Thanked in
    428 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    as mention below...



    i
    Nether the less again no one is even making different accounts w/e to just block people from being able to hit LB its not even a train of thought.


    Besides literally asking the timed team to never run maps again I cant see how you could possibly make things any fairer.


    To be honest I don't think people realize just how unfair things could actually be.

    An being in the position I am within this game I truly believe I could truly influence things in a direction where LBs are really closed off to people except a handful of players and that would include guilds etc as well.

    Alot of what I consider unfair and toxic actions could be implemented such as poaching/bribery/blocking etc to make sure the game becomes an unfair cesspool of toxicity it nearly was once upon a time.

    Thankfully I have pride in myself and what I do and I encourage others around me to be the same because of the honest work they put in to be at the stage they are now.


    Youve been around me long enough in the past to know the things I say already. If being out this long as made you forget in anyways you know my doors always open if you ever want to see for yourself that what I say isn't just talk


    1 <3
    I have never asked you not to run. Posts were understood in a wrong matter, mainly because I didnt formulate my open suggestion precisely. I didnt think it was necessary. Im neither thankful nor blaming you for anything you do with timeds. You can do everything that is allowed and even everything that is not allowed, and so can I. We are responsable for that ourselves. Im not here to judge or control fairness of existing placements. I tried to explain how I'd change it so threads like this were not necessary. It's alright if you do not see anything wrong with lbs or do not see anything positive in my suggestion. I still see advantages in it for everybody. Not perfect but useful. Ive never run timeds and its unlikely I ever will. I came here because I thought it might be appreciated for suggestions. Maybe it is. Maybe its either just this specific idea that is so horrible or its just me as a person suggesting this. Both would be alright and I see I get further away from topic so I'll let this suggestion stay like this. Cu ingame.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post:


  11. #29
    Senior Member Stephencobear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Perpendicular to everything
    Posts
    1,204
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,133
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    741
    Thanked in
    410 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormydragon View Post
    I have to disagree with the OP with all respect, but not everyone is able to get lb. You say it's all about hard work, but not everyone is able to spend the same amount of free time to play AL(am mostly talking about long event lb's)
    Ofc some can spend more time or money in game
    Ofc they will accomplish more
    It’s a leaderboard not a list of all players
    X.X
    \m/,_________( >. <‘ )_________,\m/
    ign : Suentous : High society

  12. #30
    Senior Member BaronB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Your Imagination
    Posts
    1,446
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    866
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    996
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    I have never asked you not to run. Posts were understood in a wrong matter, mainly because I didnt formulate my open suggestion precisely. I didnt think it was necessary. Im neither thankful nor blaming you for anything you do with timeds. You can do everything that is allowed and even everything that is not allowed, and so can I. We are responsable for that ourselves. Im not here to judge or control fairness of existing placements. I tried to explain how I'd change it so threads like this were not necessary. It's alright if you do not see anything wrong with lbs or do not see anything positive in my suggestion. I still see advantages in it for everybody. Not perfect but useful. Ive never run timeds and its unlikely I ever will. I came here because I thought it might be appreciated for suggestions. Maybe it is. Maybe its either just this specific idea that is so horrible or its just me as a person suggesting this. Both would be alright and I see I get further away from topic so I'll let this suggestion stay like this. Cu ingame.
    Behave ya self bud trying to insinuate you a horrible person to make a suggestion tisk

    Maybe I'm the one whos come across a little too direct, I do however see the point you were making about the top 25 and as already said agree with you but using the example with myself on arena to get across tho we might find unfair there isn't anything actually wrong with it because there isn't any malice behind it all either.

    tho I dont want nor expect any thanks from you or others either, I am however thankful to you for sharing your opinion so we can have this conversation in public for others to read and learn from.

    Just like those LB runners, I've got time an respect for you as well Qnab because i know you all have put in your work an effort to get to where you are

    haha like what you did there at the end ... next time i see you parked up next to me in game ill be sure to say High


    1 <3

    Godfather of Arlor
    Website | Forums | Hall Of Fame | Shop | Discord


  13. #31
    Senior Member Xuds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    558
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    78
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    67
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

    Default

    They spent the money/time/gold on awakes they can run with as many people as they want if you don't want to see their names on every time run then cough up the gold for awakes or find a team. I do think sharing gear shouldn't be allowed as it can be used to gatekeep other runners. It's like telling the top hydra runners that they're not allowed to run fly vise versa or they can't run any other lb because they're "too strong" and "unfair" even though they spent the gold on the gear.

  14. #32
    Senior Member Overbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    573
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    330
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    227
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

    Default

    'lalalalalalala i cant get on lb lalala its all gear no skill'

    ok. git good brah. ez

  15. #33
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    308
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    257
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    38
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

    Default Clearing my mind, throwing out some thoughts



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jaeden.; 01-07-2022 at 07:05 PM.

  16. #34
    Senior Member Titanium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    2,495
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    485
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    914
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

    Default

    I recognize some people from back in the day that are still doing records and kudos to that.

    But i dont understand why we are granting the 8 banners which looks the same to one individual. Whats the use for this? When we can grant one for his hard work. Its not clear to me what it can be done with all these banners in inventory which look the same.

    Competitiveness should take place when you are counting all these different banners at the end of the season in your inventory.

    Lb runs are granting more than 200 banners. And thinking that a small group of people can get atleast 150… i dont see no competitiveness here. Especially when we all know how much work was put for any other banner which doesnt involve a lb run.

  17. #35
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    263
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    48
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

    Default

    Can we just pat everyone on the back and get this over with?

  18. #36
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    285
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    19
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chiiwawa View Post
    Can we just pat everyone on the back and get this over with?
    I so wish we could. It’s the same drama, from the same people, after the end of every season.

    Said people really need the attention clearly. We get it, you want to be Efamous. We get it, you’re trying to crate a business and sell merch, we get it, you’re so amazing and awesome. WE GET IT.

  19. #37
    Senior Member gobbels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    julie
    Posts
    553
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    87
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    39
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

    Default

    dont judge this man by it looks, even if he tries create business and stuff (that is good thing).

    Ppl on laderboards obviously cheat/find bugs that get abused, so thats why nobody got this year on lb apart this small gourp.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Throwing the towel in...
    By EpicFlash in forum Sunsets and Happy Trails
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-24-2018, 05:14 PM
  2. Throwing in the towel..
    By rangerockerr in forum Sunsets and Happy Trails
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-10-2014, 08:19 PM
  3. throwing in a new pink
    By thugimmortal in forum PL Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-14-2011, 01:34 PM
  4. Replies: 62
    Last Post: 12-14-2010, 11:38 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •