Thread: My take on how to fix some of the game’s flaws

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Lightbulb My take on how to fix some of the game’s flaws

Writing this post out of boredom, wanna see how community reacts to this.. Will probably add something new to this post as I come up with more fun ideas too.

<-How to deal with player’s having nothing to do->

1.Make maps drop good stuff. Pretty simple, right?If a map can give players something useful/expensive, they will run it no matter how hard/how boring it is.”Good stuff” could be basically anything— mythic/arcane gear, ingredients to craft various items, locked chests that could be sold on auc, usable pets…Everything could be low percentage and people would still run it because there is a purpose.
    2.Make EVERY map drop useful items for corresponding level. This change, how I see it, would resolve one of the game’s main problems— early and mid game being an empty road to highest level because it’s really nothing to do there anymore, so players would have more reason to stay low level because there are ways to make gold even while being underleveled.(Would also make levelling enjoyable, not boring)
    <-Inflation->(in process)

1.Add NPC shops with items being sold exclusively for gold.This change is very important as gold isn’t really controlled by anything except for auction fees and awakening event, so this one would make inflation much lower and would probably deal with an issue of some trades of the rarest vanities not fitting into a trade window.

<-81 thoughts->

1.Make getting new points and tokens just a bit easier. This one, in my opinion, would make Zodias one of the best expansions for farming ever, because with good token and pts drops you could make big money on new elixirs(octosyn and terracuda) selling them to whales, and the only way to get tokens right now is to complete dailies, so this needs to be looked into in my opinion.
    2. Rewamp Mecharydon a bit.This guy has too much health, extremely annoying mechanics and infuriating phases with self healing while being invincible for an insane period of time. This one boss makes opening raha so slow because no one lose their sanity farming him, so yea… needs a rework imo.
    3.Make elite content drop mythic 81 set. This one I myself consider to be very controversial and unlikely to be added to the game, but not being able to survive without locked crates feels wrong. I mean, 4 people with 6/6 legendary set would probably be able to smash rahabkor pretty hard, but why if there are much better gears that foreshadow legendary set in every aspect(except for the fact you can’t get them in any way but using real money xD), so this one would be pretty cool imo.Arcane gears could still be in locked, sure, just give players at least something inferior but actually useful and completely F2P to get!

Overall Zodias is a very promising and fun expansion, I’m sure elite content will be the thing that will make it shine .Feel free to criticize me in the comments, can’t wait to read what y’all think.
    Last edited by Uereazagr; 01-09-2022 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Visual changes to the post

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Uereazagr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Seems like some very promising ideas.

I definitely agree with nerfing mechy sharky he's a total pain in my a**, We definitely need some better gears to be dropped from maps as well +1

NPC shop is a MUST! like somber has those 10k gold chests for like 100 tokens or something we especially needed that in vardan but it was never implemented there -.-
    The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

The fact we have to beg the developers to add new items to the expansion maps to make players interested in even touching the Lv81 maps is very sad.

Why are the developers ignoring us? We will never understand.

PS: Please stop with the vanities. Clearly, the craftable vanity items of the expansion map is so undesirable that's why you barely see people farm for the materials for the vanities. Seriously, out of all the ideas you college graduates with years of experience under your belts you gave us craftable vanity pieces than anything else ever lol
    Last edited by Flamesofanger; 01-09-2022 at 11:22 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

They should also fix the quest rewards such as items and gold rewards.

Most of the rewards are outdated and too little to even of value to new players to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

AL is more like The Sims with the amount of dress up you can do. The actual looting part of AL has been absent from the game for a long time.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Darkrai For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai View Post
    AL is more like The Sims with the amount of dress up you can do. The actual looting part of AL has been absent from the game for a long time.
    Exactly. The devs have so much experience in MMORPG analytics but we stilll somehow end up in situations like this.

If they're doing this for business purposes it will not last for very long. (Unless the consumers are easy to take advantage of)

Look at Team Fortress 2 for example, it is filled with cosmetic updates that outweigh maps and non-cosmetic additionalities but the reason no one cares is because most of the content is not only re-playable and rejuvenating, you are allowed to trade items in a legal marketplace for real life cash that follows the ToS by valve.

The PvE of tf2 has items that can literally sell for 2,000$ per product. (Golden frying pan for reference)

However, in Arcane Legends? Cosmetics do nothing. Absolutely nothing. Unless you enjoy the social presence on the game (jfc) or you like to lavish in the glamour of your labor.

And why i bring this up? Loot (Gears and pets) literally give the game meaning. PvP that hopefully has awakenings removed so our elite endgame gears have meaning again will bring some light to this old game. Tf2 is allowed to get away with these practices because you literally benefit from the cosmetics. The dev team for Tf2 at the moment is allegedly 2 or 4 individuals on a game so iconic on a huge platform like steam.

Funny enough, TF2 is a 2008 release (The game was actually in production since 1998 apparently). Arcane Legends is a 2012 release (many sts mmorpgs released before AL though).
    Last edited by Flamesofanger; 01-09-2022 at 11:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    198 Posts

To add on:

In the Zodias token vendor since there aren't that many things to buy that are worth the grind (this is my opinion idk about others), you could add a recipe for mythic armour or helm or both once you reach the highest tier. You could have it require A LOT of materials and be worth a lot of tokens. At least that way some people have more reasons to run the new maps + lairs (gathering materials, earning points, getting tokens)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neutrone For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

You make a lot of great suggestions for improvements to the game. STS worked to give us the new expansion and we need more quests to keep us all involved. The drops aren't very good and mostly drop useless epic items that get auto deleted. Mythic gear is too rare and there are few to none in cs. It would be great if they dropped from the bosses or you could increase the drop rate from the chests. The items for sale at the vendor are just vanities and cost a lot to get. I thought we were going to be able to get mythic gear recipes and so I worked hard to get 150K points. After I capped I was disappointed to just see more vanities. Another suggestion would be to let us share the fathoms from our alts like we can with our points.

I like the new maps and they have potential. They are a bit hard if you don't have legendary or mythic gear and can be frustrating. More drops would help more ppl get involved.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Crystalwiz For This Useful Post: