Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Is leaching reportable?

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

o.O Leeching, took me a min. Well I don't think it's harassment but I do find it annoying when the users are sometimes blatant about their intentions of just sitting at spawn while the other two man team has to perform one man down. I also have my suspicions/confirmation that there are botters; when I ran into the same few names just sitting in spawn I timed them to see if they left at the same time interval. So let's look into options:

I don't like the boss radius idea as you could run most of a map and miss out on the loot and xp as well. Scenario: you join a game (already in progress), Player A and Player B have elixirs and are rushing to boss while you struggle to catch up. Since they're not clearing, you have to slash your way through a few mobs only to arrive at the boss just seconds too late to be within the defined radius.

I cannot say that I agree with a "must do damage to boss" system either as I have run down a side path to clear a bit of map only to watch the boss die before being able to land a single blow. The problem with this is the same as the other, you cannot control what the other members do since it is basically a pug system. You could do 90% of the map and miss out on the boss and end up getting nothing with either of these options. Also, what happens when a player lags out or a dc, they could have done some work and maybe even deserve an xp reward.

Finally, we're talking 5-10 xp here... not 50 or 100, but 10 tops. I'm not sure this entire problem is about those that are leeching, but about those that are botting. I'd be happy if STS could just implement a protocol that bans players who use the exact same timing for say 10-15 maps in a row (which would be very hard to impossible for any human).

My suggestion: allow all 3 members in any instance to have a boot option but make it a secret ballot type instead of an instant action. You click the user's name and hit the boot button, if that same player gets kicked by the other member then they're gone; meaning two players have to both kick the other. I think this would be different than a host system, since there really is no host in multi just the player who happens to spawn first.

Backup suggestion: only players that use the exit circle get the rewards for completion of the map. If someone is willing to run a map even if it's completely empty, just to stand in a pentagram all for 5 xp... so be it.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gluttony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

I like your first suggestion, it works well in another MMO I play. And it's completely fair, no one can get booted for a stupid reason like "blah blah blah" like how it is in the other Legend titles. Very good. +1

Thanks Aaroniero Arruruerie for the awesome signature!
    Star Legends: Shaocalur, Vanished, Desolated
    Dark Legends: Vanished

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #23
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thaipunk View Post
    Players running through the map only to kill the boss and level up, leaving all the minions, has ruined the intent of this game. I had 100's of encounters from LVL 23, 24 and 25 players running through the map with zero kills only to kill the boss and leave. Part of the fun of this game is killing all the minions and then fighting it out with the boss. If there is no boss to kill, makes playing this game senseless. The developers need to have minimum kill or time in a map to prevent running through the maps and only killing the boss. This latest updated has only create a run on people trying to level up at the expense of playing the whole game.
    This was our original intent, but some of the bosses appeared to have slipped through the cracks. There will be an update coming that makes sure all of the minibosses have a minimum required kill count on the map before the boss is available to fight. This was affecting a decent number of maps, but most maps are working as intended.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    This was our original intent, but some of the bosses appeared to have slipped through the cracks. There will be an update coming that makes sure all of the minibosses have a minimum required kill count on the map before the boss is available to fight. This was affecting a decent number of maps, but most maps are working as intended.
    ahhh dont fix the reaping yet i still have 13k to goooo (((((((((
    Rawriloveyou - 25 vamp <3 Between - 21 vamp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    This was our original intent, but some of the bosses appeared to have slipped through the cracks.
    Wait, is this why it takes awhile for The Reaping ti fully complete? Like when you finish a mission that music plays but if you don't hear it you don't get the xp. >_< I think I get it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shaocalur View Post
    Wait, is this why it takes awhile for The Reaping ti fully complete? Like when you finish a mission that music plays but if you don't hear it you don't get the xp. >_< I think I get it.
    hmm i have not had that happen to me. maybe they fixed it ((

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by between View Post
    hmm i have not had that happen to me. maybe they fixed it ((
    Still happens to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Still happens to me.
    just tried. ran in, killed the boss without even targeting another mob like always, and left just before the weapon hit the floor.

got xp and gold :|

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by between View Post
    just tried. ran in, killed the boss without even targeting another mob like always, and left just before the weapon hit the floor.

got xp and gold :|
    Nvermind I can't explain it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Nvermind I can't explain it.
    u broke it