Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Mausoleum Difficulty

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    I hear you. That said, considering that the unique difficulty mechanics of the Mausoleum have been consistent (and well-known) for so very, very long - I will be keeping it as it is. Best wishes!
    Changes are sometimes good. Is there a good reason for keeping it this way except for the fact it has been this way for a long time? Changes and adaptions are important for growth.

The only reason as to why it was scaled to endgame level is to prevent people from farming too much gold there. But no one farms gold there, I don't see a good reason to keep it this way now.

Just asking for the damage to be lowered from mobs, and not their health. Technically it will take the same time to kill them, just that you won't be farming deaths.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #22
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avta View Post
    Changes are sometimes good. Is there a good reason for keeping it this way except for the fact it has been this way for a long time? Changes and adaptions are important for growth.

The only reason as to why it was scaled to endgame level is to prevent people from farming too much gold there. But no one farms gold there, I don't see a good reason to keep it this way now.

Just asking for the damage to be lowered from mobs, and not their health. Technically it will take the same time to kill them, just that you won't be farming deaths.

It works. That's really the best reason. There's nothing broken here; so the 'change is good' axiom really doesn't apply.

As for the reason for scaling beyond endgame, this is because it's the fundamental design of the mausoleum - it's meant to be an increasingly difficult encounter.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    It works. That's really the best reason. There's nothing broken here; so the 'change is good' axiom really doesn't apply.

As for the reason for scaling beyond endgame, this is because it's the fundamental design of the mausoleum - it's meant to be an increasingly difficult encounter.
    Yeah, as we have discussed previously, no one plays m6 except for the people trying to get their APs done.

A lot of people got their APs done in parties when the map was active, now that the map is inactive, it's hard to search for people willing to do 1k mobs there.

Isn't it a bit unfair for newer players to get this APs done because it's ultra hard to find people to do them with?

I think almost all seasonal chars skip 1k mobs in m6 as well as u don't need all APs to get the badge. So who are we supposed to be play with? There aren't many aspiring top overall lb players out there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Avta imagine 1000ppl getting overall app . Like now 100+ isn't enough
    ign: NEXPL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

No change needed for this map,alot player running there when all farming portal is closed.
    Maus is still fun and unique compare with other map.
    xD

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

No change is needed.
    I run mau almost daily for the pure fun of it

No, I am a mage and I don’t have any new mythic weapon or sets, not even profiterw ring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Maus is still fun but hope more gold to drop from Boss and chest or jewels so more players will keep running in these maps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

My territory is fine as it is. no changes needed. no nerf. keep it a fun map to run in.

From that said, there is still a lot of gold to be made in mausoleum and also wrong, a lot of people also run Mausoleum for Tokens/Gold not just APs.

Making the map easier will actually be a bad thing, faster Token farming you can easily make 1k+ tokens in a hour with teammates that has Mythic weaps, I mean seriously. fast token.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Enlighten me, wanna see u solo m5-m6 with 1.2k int, including bosses in a reasonable amount of time.

Ok, here you go. I forgot to edit the video's audio..

81 mythic staff 5% int.
    Ebon helm 8% int
    Ebon vest 4% int
    Trash belt mythic
    Toxic speed set 15% mvs per piece.
    Arc arti 0% int.
    Opened breeze egg legendary.
    Legendary shoggoth aa.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Ok, here you go. I forgot to edit the video's audio..

81 mythic staff 5% int.
    Ebon helm 8% int
    Ebon vest 4% int
    Trash belt mythic
    Toxic speed set 15% mvs per piece.
    Arc arti 0% int.
    Opened breeze egg legendary.
    Legendary shoggoth aa.
    Fair enough, I guess I'll be spending 20min+ for 1 or 2, or 0 bosses on a lvl 61 expansion map T_T

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Fair enough, I guess I'll be spending 20min+ for 1 or 2, or 0 bosses on a lvl 61 expansion map T_T

I am using 1,150 int set. Also in your og post you mentioned nothing about time, just dying.
    Last edited by Encryptions; 01-19-2022 at 07:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

No? Why do u think an old old expansion with no relevance to current endgame gameplay should be this hard to solo?

All other old expansion APs are easy, so why is this one so much harder?

I did state that I die as soon as my staff proc ends so I see no way for me to solo m4+ unless I get a set with 2k int. In which universe a 2k int set makes sense for a level 61 expansion?

It scales to your zone. The mobs are also +10 levels above yours.

Why must we shift the game to be easier than it currently is?

Remember that these maps with its corresponding APs were done back then with lv61 characters, all that without any reflection nor 10x dmg procs.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilove_Poopoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

When i used to run maus on s22 i mostly did m1-m4 solo and only invited players from m5, the only reason being to hold the maps for more efficient ap hunting. It was pretty Much a breeze for me even while using skratch staff. I cant understand how its harder for you with aquaris staff whose proc is 2x better than skrat staff. I would suggest using some tactics to run instead of goong all in. I would suggest to gather a big pile of mobs then use fireball to stun, usually ebon armor+staff procs(only staff proc is enough though ), then use shield put clock and one more fireball and mobs are done. For the next big pile, if shield is on cd use fireball-glow aa- clock and spam. I did occasionally die sometimes but those were due to improper timings

Sent from my PRA-LA1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    I am using 1,150 int set. Also in your og post you mentioned nothing about time, just dying.
    Sadly it's kinda obvious from the beginning.

Ppl like him just want it fast and easy with the least amount of effort. Achievement point(APS) is now more like Easy Point (EPS).

Like heck, why would ppl spent hundreds of millions on op pve gears to have high primary stats? Like to flex to you? They pay for op so they could run fast and efficiently of course. If all you are willing to invest in is just the bare minimum, i.e. a mythic staff then don't complain about being squishy in the first place. You reap what you sow. Don't expect the least amount of investment to give you the maximum amount of reward. It's proportional in this case, at least if we disregard the idea of being strategic about it to make up for our "weaker stats/gears" as in how encryption showed in his video.

Earlier it was zodias maps, bosses and mythic procs. Now older maps. Seems like people have enjoyed proc stacking for too long they cleared maps so fast they forgot what it is like to employ strategies.

Anyway, good video you got there mate. I like how you have been consistently showing peeps what they thought was initially possible to actually be doable.

Sent from my LIO-L29 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Analytical; 01-19-2022 at 11:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

It's a shame you didn't do maus APs when proc stacking was a thing me and Aleyend got those boss APs done in just a few days back when us wars were "broken" xD.

In all seriousness, this map while tedious is quite fun because you have to be aware of mobs and focus on not dying to curse and those annoying necromancers ooof.
    The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    Sadly it's kinda obvious from the beginning.

Ppl like him just want it fast and easy with the least amount of effort. Achievement point(APS) is now more like Easy Point (EPS).

Like heck, why would ppl spent hundreds of millions on op pve gears to have high primary stats? Like to flex to you? They pay for op so they could run fast and efficiently of course. If all you are willing to invest in is just the bare minimum, i.e. a mythic staff then don't complain about being squishy in the first place. You reap what you sow. Don't expect the least amount of investment to give you the maximum amount of reward. It's proportional in this case, at least if we disregard the idea of being strategic about it to make up for our "weaker stats/gears" as in how encryption showed in his video.

Earlier it was zodias maps, bosses and mythic procs. Now older maps. Seems like people have enjoyed proc stacking for too long they cleared maps so fast they forgot what it is like to employ strategies.

Anyway, good video you got there mate. I like how you have been consistently showing peeps what they thought was initially possible to actually be doable.

Sent from my LIO-L29 using Tapatalk
    Why are u ignoring the fact that it's a lvl 61 expansion?

And why aren't u saying anything about people soling elite tindrin in 40sec now but back when it was released it took people 30 min?

Times change, and older maps should easily be solo-able, but this one isn't, that's the problem.

It's a level 61 map, and there's no reason for it to be harder to do than lvl 76 elite maps, lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Why are u ignoring the fact that it's a lvl 61 expansion?

And why aren't u saying anything about people soling elite tindrin in 40sec now but back when it was released it took people 30 min?

Times change, and older maps should easily be solo-able, but this one isn't, that's the problem.

It's a level 61 map, and there's no reason for it to be harder to do than lvl 76 elite maps, lol.

Sure it was a 61 expansion that gave rise to map that scales according to our level. I see it as a capped level map not 61 map. By extension, that means a capped level aps like zodias aps.

Also, I agree with cinco, it seems like maus map is the best expansion map in terms of its unique mechanisms etc thus far. I wouldn't want to touch it.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Sure it was a 61 expansion that gave rise to map that scales according to our level. I see it as a capped level map not 61 map. By extension, that means a capped level aps like zodias aps.

Also, I agree with cinco, it seems like maus map is the best expansion map in terms of its unique mechanisms etc thus far. I wouldn't want to touch it.
    And why is it treated like an endgame map when there's no content on it to play other than APs? Which not even many seasonal bother doing.

See, the concept of it being treated as an endgame map for no reason is senseless. It would have been fine if the map was active, and there was incentive for *Everyone* to play this map instead of 0.001% of AL population.

I wouldn't mind it's difficulty if it was easy to find people to play this map with, for example DM.

DM would take a long time to solo for an average player, but atleast you can find a lot of people willing to run with you there.

When I ask people for parties to play M6, I don't get any response, and when I do get response they want m5 passes.

Tldr: it shouldn't be treated as an endgame map when there's no content on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

And why is it treated like an endgame map when there's no content on it to play other than APs? Which not even many seasonal bother doing.

See, the concept of it being treated as an endgame map for no reason is senseless. It would have been fine if the map was active, and there was incentive for *Everyone* to play this map instead of 0.001% of AL population.

I wouldn't mind it's difficulty if it was easy to find people to play this map with, for example DM.

DM would take a long time to solo for an average player, but atleast you can find a lot of people willing to run with you there.

When I ask people for parties to play M6, I don't get any response, and when I do get response they want m5 passes.

Tldr: it shouldn't be treated as an endgame map when there's no content on it.

Not sure if you actually read what you said before posting.

The amount of ppl who do it for zodias points and to open special bosses map is comparable to that of those who are doing aps maps, including mausoleum.

Almost everytime I run there's no one there.
    So u telling me Zodias normal map is "active" ???
    And how's this not comparable to those who are only running maus for aps?

"Active" maps you want?
    Event maps.
    DM.
    Rahab lair.
    Festerfang.

That's the current state of AL now. Like it or not.

If it were not for aps, all maps except the above would have died.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Not sure if you actually read what you said before posting.

The amount of ppl who do it for zodias points and to open special bosses map is comparable to that of those who are doing aps maps, including mausoleum.

Almost everytime I run there's no one there.
    So u telling me Zodias normal map is "active" ???
    And how's this not comparable to those who are only running maus for aps?

"Active" maps you want?
    Event maps.
    DM.
    Rahab lair.
    Festerfang.

That's the current state of AL now. Like it or not.

If it were not for aps, all maps except the above would have died.
    Yeah, most people got these APs done while the map was active.

Point is, it's hard to find a party to m6 APs, and even seasonals don't do this one often.

If a map has to be soloed, atleast make it easier.

And, Zodias is the latest expansion so it makes sense why it's the hardest map. Why is mausoleum as hard as that? What's the reasoning behind it?