Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buff Mages

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Default Buff Mages

I think all mages should get a buff since m1-m6 takes so long but only mages who don't complain on forums #NoBuffForAvta

Also, can we make the blue guy's feet even smaller?

Thank you! Constructive feedback only, please.
    Last edited by Repent; 01-25-2022 at 02:41 PM.
    The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Repent For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Can we make the bulge larger with the feet smaller too? Look at this lil thing…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kystone View Post

Can we make the bulge larger with the feet smaller too? Look at this lil thing…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ah yes the bulge is an issue, at least you don't have a bulge in your tummy like the wars :/

#BiggerBulges

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

This made me giggle :3

If this wasn't a sarcastic post, it's more of a map issue than class issue. Mages are the strongest class rn, but the map takes just too long.
    Last edited by Avta; 01-25-2022 at 03:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avta View Post
    This made me giggle :3

If this wasn't a sarcastic post, it's more of a map issue than class issue. Mages are the strongest class rn, but the map takes just too long.
    In all honesty, mages currently have the only usable mythic weapon against mobs. The rest of the weapons are not comparable to mythic staff when it comes to the proc. I wish wars and rogues could have had a similar mob clearing proc :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Repent View Post
    In all honesty, mages currently have the only usable mythic weapon against mobs. The rest of the weapons are not comparable to mythic staff when it comes to the proc. I wish wars and rogues could have had a similar mob clearing proc :/
    Facts right here, hoping for a good warrior arc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Tbh though pisces is insane for mobs, it’s warriors that are struggling to clear rn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uereazagr View Post
    Tbh though pisces is insane for mobs, it’s warriors that are struggling to clear rn
    I think rogues were complaining about the proximity to mobs required for pisces to proc though.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

But do u wonder if other classes are even supposed to clear fast? Isn't that Mages specialty with their AoE wave clear abilities?

Warr's specialty is Tanking (aegis) and doing medium AoE damage (Axe)

My only complains with maus was that it takes too long for an outdated map, and there's no reason for it to scale to endgame when there's no content there for everyone to play except APs.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Avta; 01-25-2022 at 04:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

But do u wonder if other classes are even supposed to clear fast? Isn't that Mages specialty with their AoE wave clear abilities?

Warr's specialty is Tanking (aegis) and doing medium AoE damage (Axe)

My only complains with maus was that it takes too long for an outdated map, and there's no reason for it to scale to endgame when there's no content there for everyone to play except APs.

Bruh... have you ever played a different class than a mage? Mob clearing has not been the mage's focus in this game for a long time it just recently became the focus of mages lmao because wars were nerfed into oblivion.

The maus thing makes sense but honestly, Maus was one of if not the best expansions IMO and is still a good challenge to this day which makes it fun.

I don't think you can say each class has a certain thing only they can do aside from certain lbs like fly and orrick are mage/rog lbs. Each class is versatile and should be able to fulfill the role that the player wants to experience.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Repent For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Bruh... have you ever played a different class than a mage? Mob clearing has not been the mage's focus in this game for a long time it just recently became the focus of mages lmao because wars were nerfed into oblivion.

The maus thing makes sense but honestly, Maus was one of if not the best expansions IMO and is still a good challenge to this day which makes it fun.

I don't think you can say each class has a certain thing only they can do aside from certain lbs like fly and orrick are mage/rog lbs. Each class is versatile and should be able to fulfill the role that the player wants to experience.
    In almost every game mage are the class of AoE damage and waveclear, and Warriors in AL are either bruises or tanks.

Bruisers do medium damage and have high health, and tanks have the highest health and armor but low damage. You can choose what you wanna build on warrior in AL.

It has been this way since 2012, but recently due to proc stacking, and level 76 weapons, warrior took that role. I guess devs are giving it back to Mages now? Tho I think Staff should not provide health and armor, let Warrior taunt and aggro.

Classes in AL are not gender, you pick a certain class based on what they can do. The weapon proc provide versatility in which mages can do medium single target damage with gun, and high AoE with staff, Rogs can do medium AoE with Daggers, and high single target with bow, and Warriors as explained previously

There will be no point of classes if they all can be used interchangeably, don't u think so? This is why I thought Pisces would have been a better proc for warriors instead of giving them both single target damage weapons. With Pisces they could somewhat clear, but not as good as Mages.

Yeah maus would have been a good expansion, but I wasn't active during the release of that expansion. Not many play it nowadays, and almost all seasonal lb skip this for a reason too. So people who wanna do it have no choice but to solo in most cases.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,063 Posts

Soloing maus is extremely easy. Just remember in 61 cap there was only legendary gears and 5000 point kits didn't exist from red eggs. Back then easter wasn't even an energy based event. Red eggs didn't have 5k points, you had to farm those points by killing stuff.

The game is losing its difficulty like most other games in this day and age. I can compare pokemon and megaman from the mid 90's early 2000's to today and its a massive difficulty change. Back then games were incredibly difficult. Today its tap tap yay I won.
    Games are also losing their graphics, yeah they look more realistic but the keyword is "look" back then they might of not looked as realistic, but they are way more interactable than today's games. Watch this video and you will see what I mean.
    Its a 5minute video that explains all. Left 4 dead 2009. Back 4 blood 2021. https://youtu.be/oT4l_4DzNLQ
    Last edited by Encryptions; 01-25-2022 at 07:24 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Soloing maus is extremely easy. Just remember in 61 cap there was only legendary gears and 5000 point kits didn't exist from red eggs. Back then easter wasn't even an energy based event. Red eggs didn't have 5k points, you had to farm those points by killing stuff.

The game is losing its difficulty like most other games in this day and age. I can compare pokemon and megaman from the mid 90's early 2000's to today and its a massive difficulty change. Back then games were incredibly difficult. Today its tap tap yay I won.
    Maus scales to current cap, and there were more people running it back then.

I just don't understand why does it have to take so much longer to get this APs done, and why do people wanna let it be that way?

Why does no one say that Elite Forest is easy to do, it should also scale to endgame to make it frustrating for people to do APs?

Point is, not many play that map, almost all seasonal skip 1k m6 bosses. There's no choice but to solo it, and it taking so long for APs doesn't make sense. There's not much content to play in m6 except for APs, and no one farms there for anything else.

I spend 30 sec per boss on all maps, and it takes longer as I go up the expansion, but then a level 61 aps takes like 10-15min per boss doesn't make sense. Now imagine running it 1000 times.

Yes, it may be easy with 81 Staff as a mage, but it still takes a LOT of time.

You have to understand that it's hard finding a party to get this APs, so it should be made more bearable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,063 Posts

I asked in the past to scale elite maps to the current level and add rewards to the bosses. Sts is making a huge mistake not scaling old maps in elite mode up to the current level cap because of many reasons.
    It forces people to ONLY play end game content which gets boring and is hard for poorly geared players.
    It makes people question why is this 1000 boss aps a thing in these specific maps if I get nothing except a "You got an achievement that gives you no benefits what so ever, good job +100aps."
    People who are lowered gear are forced to play the harder end game maps instead of being able to farm lower maps for useful items that they can sell for gold such as crafting mats for a new gear or op vanity, an op heroic, arcane or mythic pet and much more. By scale the levels I mean make them decently difficult, not as difficult as lv 81 maps where practically anything one shots you. Just enough to where legendary geared people can solo them with 1000 and below primary stat say for bracken ridge lv 81. I already made a video on what and all I would change if I was over everything.

What confuses me is they scale a lv 41 map (planar arena) to lv 81 making it impossible for lv 41 players to do it just because of lb runners exploiting the bosses. You guys fixed the exploits so why scale it up when they are getting the same exact time as before almost. Its literally a 1-2 second difference, 1 map is scaled to lv 81 which has terrible loot just because of lb but every other map is still the same.
    Last edited by Encryptions; 01-25-2022 at 06:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Maus scales to current cap, and there were more people running it back then.

I just don't understand why does it have to take so much longer to get this APs done, and why do people wanna let it be that way?

Why does no one say that Elite Forest is easy to do, it should also scale to endgame to make it frustrating for people to do APs?

Point is, not many play that map, almost all seasonal skip 1k m6 bosses. There's no choice but to solo it, and it taking so long for APs doesn't make sense. There's not much content to play in m6 except for APs, and no one farms there for anything else.

I spend 30 sec per boss on all maps, and it takes longer as I go up the expansion, but then a level 61 aps takes like 10-15min per boss doesn't make sense. Now imagine running it 1000 times.

Yes, it may be easy with 81 Staff as a mage, but it still takes a LOT of time.

You have to understand that it's hard finding a party to get this APs, so it should be made more bearable.

Sts has already stated why it scales; it is an ever-increasingly difficult encounter and should be this way. Make an exception for this one and let it go? APs vary in difficulty and completion time; they do not all have to be the same.

If you're having trouble with Maus, try focusing on other APs. And if you want to max out, tell that to the 100 maxed out players who had a harder time doing them in the past, mouths shut.

The rate at which players casually max APs these days just goes to show that the game couldn't get any easier than it is now, thanks to the era of damage procs.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    Sts has already stated why it scales; it is an ever-increasingly difficult encounter and should be this way. Make an exception for this one and let it go? APs vary in difficulty and completion time; they do not all have to be the same.

If you're having trouble with Maus, try focusing on other APs. And if you want to max out, tell that to the 100 maxed out players who had a harder time doing them in the past, mouths shut.

The rate at which players casually max APs these days just goes to show that the game couldn't get any easier than it is now, thanks to the era of damage procs.

Majority of those players ran it when the maps were still active, right now it's inactive and needs to be soloed most of the time, that's where the problem comes in.

As the game progresses, older maps get easy. If this map was still active for it loots, and had actually good loot, then it would make sense for it to scale to endgame because people actually wanna play there.

I'd have no problem running there if I can always find people to run there, but most seasonals even skip this APs.

For example if there was an APs to kill rahabkor 1k times, I'd have no problem running there with a party, but it would be problematic killing rahabkor 1k times solo. Do you see the point?

30mins ago I asked in GC if anyone wanna do maus APs, response. 5 minutes later I asked to join in m5, no response again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts

Just find a group of friends that also need the aps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts

In almost every game mage are the class of AoE damage and waveclear, and Warriors in AL are either bruises or tanks.

Bruisers do medium damage and have high health, and tanks have the highest health and armor but low damage. You can choose what you wanna build on warrior in AL.

It has been this way since 2012, but recently due to proc stacking, and level 76 weapons, warrior took that role. I guess devs are giving it back to Mages now? Tho I think Staff should not provide health and armor, let Warrior taunt and aggro.

Classes in AL are not gender, you pick a certain class based on what they can do. The weapon proc provide versatility in which mages can do medium single target damage with gun, and high AoE with staff, Rogs can do medium AoE with Daggers, and high single target with bow, and Warriors as explained previously

There will be no point of classes if they all can be used interchangeably, don't u think so? This is why I thought Pisces would have been a better proc for warriors instead of giving them both single target damage weapons. With Pisces they could somewhat clear, but not as good as Mages.

Yeah maus would have been a good expansion, but I wasn't active during the release of that expansion. Not many play it nowadays, and almost all seasonal lb skip this for a reason too. So people who wanna do it have no choice but to solo in most cases.

Effectively there are two roles in al damage & health
    Sts dropped the tank, glass cannon, & crowd control a while back

Tanks don’t exist in that taunt is overwritten by the next person who does more damage than the war
    I wrote a thread about that in bugs section & Futu acknowledged that’s how it was
    but didn’t say it was gonna change so that taunt worked

Also, if you were around when maus was new you like many of us would have had to deal with the headaches that existed then such as the curse mages who had to be nerfed twice and the fact that we had to grind just to open the floors which were locked behind a community goal & THEN you had to grind points & quests

It was way worse then and we had crap gear to try it with and none of these op new pets
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Majority of those players ran it when the maps were still active, right now it's inactive and needs to be soloed most of the time, that's where the problem comes in.

As the game progresses, older maps get easy. If this map was still active for it loots, and had actually good loot, then it would make sense for it to scale to endgame because people actually wanna play there.

I'd have no problem running there if I can always find people to run there, but most seasonals even skip this APs.

For example if there was an APs to kill rahabkor 1k times, I'd have no problem running there with a party, but it would be problematic killing rahabkor 1k times solo. Do you see the point?

30mins ago I asked in GC if anyone wanna do maus APs, response. 5 minutes later I asked to join in m5, no response again.

This is out of the question, seasonals usually skip m6 because it takes the most time, and instead focus on the quickest option to obtain the most APs possible within the time frame. That's just common sense given that they're competing for and hoping to secure a lb spot.

Yes, Maus was active before, but it was still difficult even in a group, because they had no reflection nor damage procs and had to move in unison.

In general, thanks to gear progression, the rate of completing APs is now the fastest it has ever been. You should stop nitpicking Maus because it retained its dIfFiCuLtY.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

What about the people who completed the 1k maus aps on seasonal chars? There are quite a few i must say. I myself did around 700+ maus bosses(lich/vori)while i ran seasonal, and trust me it wasn't more active than it is now. You just have to take effort in finding people who run maus just like the effort you take in completing it.

Pro tip: most of the top 10/class of seasonals most probably do atleast 100 lich/vori. Add them to your fl and go in 4 player pts. So if you can play as is, theoretically u can get around 800 lich/vori just by this.

Also there are many players trying to get top player lb other than seasonals whose main focus is maus aps. Try to find em and maybe you could be over this in a month or two.

Ps: maus is just as dead as expansion maps if you didnt notice and i dont agree with nerfng it cuz its a l61 map.

Sent from my PRA-LA1 using Tapatalk