Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Make a section of timed runs that make everyone have the same gear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Default Make a section of timed runs that make everyone have the same gear

I heard from a friend that a section of pvp called honor pvp or something makes everyone have the same gear, which is a great idea to make it more skill based. What about making a section of the leaderboard for timed runs where everyone attempting it has to have the same gear (e.g. sts can choose a gear set for all classes and all participants automatically wear it when joining). That way it'll bring some skill back into timed runs (not saying there isn't any now, but it'll fully skill based vs. some skill/mostly items based).
    Last edited by wowdah; 01-28-2022 at 06:38 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wowdah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

+1 This will bring so much competition to the game, and more fun

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fofo391 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

What about the players who already have high ms gears they paid alot for them (or awaken by themselves)?

if you mean to have 2 sections with ms awakened gears with rewards and the other section with standard gear also with rewards then +1
    Last edited by Reaccess; 01-30-2022 at 05:18 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Sounds to me like you cant afford the gear and want to ruin veteran players years of dedication and hard work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    276 Posts

This would be a very good option just like it used to be in the past lbs with enhanced and normal lbs where enhanced was for runs with elixirs and normal without elixirs.
    If each expansion maps had a specific set that can be bought with that expansion token it would bring some use to old vendors too.
    1-16 Story tokens
    17-31 Story/Hauntlet tokens, since no new currency was added could do 3 pieces with story and 3/4 pieces with hauntlet tokens.
    32-36 Planar fragments/Fable coins, I know planar frags were added with planar tombs release on cap 41 but since it's on the shuyal map I guess it's a good option and I don't really remember when we're fable coins added ngl.
    37-41 Dragkin teeth.
    42-46 Orc tags.
    47-56 Glintstone/Cryostar coins can be 3 pieces with Glint coins and 3/4 with Cryo coins.
    57-66 Ruined/Balanced tokens, since no new currency was added for 62-66 I guess using a mix for both caps is a good option, can be 3 pieces with ruined and 3/4 with balanced tokens.
    67-71 Murkstones/Red raid coins can be 3 pieces with murks and 3/4 with raid coins.
    72-76 Vales.
    77-81 Fathoms.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to flashio For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alkif View Post
    Sounds to me like you cant afford the gear and want to ruin veteran players years of dedication and hard work.
    The OP is a veteran who used to run timed when it was more about skill and everyone had more chances to compete without having to invest their kidneys like it is now.

If that's the case, wouldn't veterans benefit more because they already have the prior knowledge? Furthermore, it would be great for everyone to try it out, increasing competition over time. Lastly, this is a completely new lb category with distinct rewards and distinction, so how would it ruin anything?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 01-30-2022 at 02:03 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ilove_Poopoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Hmm I mean I'm a veteran, I've played this game from Season 1 and ran timed runs essentially every season except seasons that I took breaks (have about 30+ timed run banners including speed demon?).

I'm not trying to ruin anyone's dedication in buying expensive items - even when I had the latest up-to-date expensive items and records, I was advocating for a similar idea, as I don't think it makes much sense to have timed runs be based on money and buying the opest gears, in a skill-based section. But I'm just saying to add a new section, not necessarily remove the sections where people can use their own gear. So how would it ruin anything?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reaccess View Post
    What about the players who already have high ms gears they paid alot for them (or awaken by themselves)?

if you mean to have 2 sections with ms awakened gears with rewards and the other section with standard gear also with rewards then +1
    Exactly, two sections. I don't want to make anyone's money/gear invested obsolete, just want to add a separate section to make it completely skill based. . Isn't there something similar with this honor pvp thing, I don't know much about it.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wowdah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts

I can afford those gears easily butttt... where do I find them?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    I can afford those gears easily butttt... where do I find them?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    You can typically find them on AH or traders market if you wait long enough.

Also, one thing to note is that by doing this, every player, regardless of gold or gear will feel like they have a chance to get a record (there can be a default set for levels 1-81, or just 81, or whatever STS decides that would make this idea be realized). This is an invaluable way to make players feel reinvigorated to play the game, be excited, and still buy elixirs etc. so it's profitable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts

I agree on the post, but that dude saying people are too poor to buy the stuff is the same as telling a billionaire irl hes too poor to buy an object in which doesn't exist in quantities more than 1 or 2. Its not that its unaffordable its just nonexistant.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    I agree on the post, but that dude saying people are too poor to buy the stuff is the same as telling a billionaire irl hes too poor to buy an object in which doesn't exist in quantities more than 1 or 2. Its not that its unaffordable its just nonexistant.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Oh yeah, I see what you're saying, completely agree.
    I disagree with the person who said "I just can't afford the gear" While technically true (probably), that's not what my suggestion is about, I'm genuinely trying to add some excitement into timed run records.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

+1, no competition lately

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

+1, good idea

20.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #15
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,501 Posts

We'll look into it. Ideally, it only requires adding a new leaderboard with entry restrictions. If it requires distinct/new rewards, it probably won't happen.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    We'll look into it. Ideally, it only requires adding a new leaderboard with entry restrictions. If it requires distinct/new rewards, it probably won't happen.

-ALS
    The rewards would just be another banner with the usual emblem and roman numerals. Its a new leaderboard so ofc there would be a different style of timed banner, why wouldn't it happen if it involves new rewards?

All it takes is one banner design and u can recolor every season like it has always been.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post

-ALS
    Thanks for your reply, it's awesome that you're replying to all these suggestions, makes the community feel heard. Yeah it'd be a new section with entry restrictions (and gives people the same gear like honor pvp I think). Maybe the early maps like elite forest etc u could give gear that makes it hard to kill mobs even at level 81 somehow, idk. whatever it is, if it's constant for everyone, then im happy. As for rewards, it'd just be a recoloring of banners or something and/or titles, wouldnt be anything too time-intensive.