Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Fix auto-aim - Hyperos unviable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Fix auto-aim - Hyperos unviable

Hello,
    Here's the feedback: Please, fix auto-aim to prioritize boss/marked enemy/enemy with highest hp.

I've been frustrated with this issue since 2013 when my shoots/skills would hit barrels instead of enemies. But now that Hyperos was created, it is really unacceptable that this has not been fixed yet.

In the first Boss in Zodias, very frequently, after the boss is marked and I'm ready to hit it hard, it spawns mobs and Hyperos starts shooting mobs instead of the boss. Very frustrating...

Thank you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Apparently if u face the boss without the mobs in the way it will aim the boss

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk
    Meow~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbloonist View Post
    Apparently if u face the boss without the mobs in the way it will aim the boss

Fortunately.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Agreed. Have the same problem in rahabkor. I’m in front of him and pointing at him and my gun shoots at mobs..

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,486 Posts

If we chose targets with the highest HP, you'd never kill anything until all targets around you were on the last hit each.

Currently, it chooses closest target if you have no target and keeps previous target until target is dead if you had one. This is the way it works for the majority of attacks, but there are a handful of abilities/skills that have override rules (class preferences, etc.). In PL, there was a way to untarget/clear your current target to select a new one, but in AL, targeting is implicit using the above rules when you attack.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

Easy fix for most maps, clear the mobs instead of running past them. Stop dashing to the boss.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmaiden View Post
    Easy fix for most maps, clear the mobs instead of running past them. Stop dashing to the boss.
    Its not about dashing to boss. Its about bosses that spawn mobs. Take orrick and ulrona as example. Mobs blocking the boss we cant even target the boss to hit it with proc, so proc is completely useless.

Meow~

9.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,486 Posts

Right now, your primary/mainhand target is preserved unless the target doesn't qualify in a subsequent attack (out of range, cone, etc.).

One of the reasons we abandoned tap targeting was not having the fidelity of a mouse pointer, overlapping target boxes (how to you target a specific mob when a large boss or mob cluster is present), mismatched target boxes (box was either too large or too small for the mob), etc.

Off the top of my head, we could add an option that only adjusts the choose closest target rule (Prefer Strongest Over Closest Target). This way it doesn't change the way it works for everyone, just the player that wants it.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    Right now, your primary/mainhand target is preserved unless the target doesn't qualify in a subsequent attack (out of range, cone, etc.).

One of the reasons we abandoned tap targeting was not having the fidelity of a mouse pointer, overlapping target boxes (how to you target a specific mob when a large boss or mob cluster is present), mismatched target boxes (box was either too large or too small for the mob), etc.

Off the top of my head, we could add an option that only adjusts the choose closest target rule (Prefer Strongest Over Closest Target). This way it doesn't change the way it works for everyone, just the player that wants it.

-ALS
    good idea to have extra options for gun users

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Another idea is to add priority to targets (players excluded). E.g. a numbering system: boss=4, mini=3, mobs=2, chests/barrels=1. The higher the number in attack range will have the priority to be hit by the gun/bow/skills.
    A.k.a. Strongest priority instead of highest hp priority.

Meow~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Since the issue is with Hyperos, then the proc could use a bit of an adjustment to where it shifts your target priority to the target marked by the proc.
    Last edited by Kaziscate; 02-05-2022 at 03:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaziscate View Post
    Since the issue is with Hyperos, then the proc could use a bit of an adjustment to where it shifts your target priority to the target marked by the proc.
    Marianos too

Meow~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    If we chose targets with the highest HP, you'd never kill anything until all targets around you were on the last hit each.

Currently, it chooses closest target if you have no target and keeps previous target until target is dead if you had one. This is the way it works for the majority of attacks, but there are a handful of abilities/skills that have override rules (class preferences, etc.). In PL, there was a way to untarget/clear your current target to select a new one, but in AL, targeting is implicit using the above rules when you attack.

-ALS
    This issue became a big problem now that the new proc works like this. And it is not keeping target: most times you're happily shooting at boss, right teet-a-teet with him, then he spawns mobs and your gun starts shooting sideways or backwards to mobs. It seems like it is prioritizing mobs over boss. Creating the option to "Prefer Strongest over Closest target" would be great! Please, do it!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Plus being able to choose mobs or bosses , my hype gun in raha only shoots at mobs @@

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk