Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Rewarding system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    276 Posts

Default Rewarding system

When it comes to item farming it all comes down to rng, doesn't matter how much the player actually runs a content, can loot either on first run or not loot a thing on a thousand runs.

My suggestion is to increase the drop rates of every lootable item per boss kill by small %s, and never reaching a 100% drop rate but rather end up with a decent drop rate.

Example:
    Let's say lei shen has a 5% drop rate, this % will rise by 0.2% at a max of 15% drop rate everytime the player kills kil joy. Once the player loots the item, it's drop rate goes back to it's initial rate.
    Regarding the bosses that have several loots (like kil joy), each drop rate will only go back to it's original rate after the specific item is looted by the player.

This system can be applied as well to locks rates where rates grow by a small % with every opened lock by the player.

It would be interesting if players were able to check the rates of every lootable item from locks at the very least since players are spending their real money on game currency to only end up disappointed (or grateful) by the rates as s/he can't actually see what are the odds to getting "lucky".
    The display of the rates may have an impact towards the Plat usage on locks but only from casual players, those who still buy high amounts of platinum will probably keep opening these locks for the sole purpose of getting exclusive items.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flashio For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Great suggestion, sts can choose the amount by which it increases.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I really like this idea! The only thing is it would have to be very small increase for boss kills, maybe %0.01 or %0.015.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

+1, good idea

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Increasing drop rates will decrease item values so overall its a very bad suggestion. Its not because I care about gold, its just not fun seeing every player using best in slot gear and pets like they do right now. If anything they should nerf drop rates. There are more arcanes and mythics than legendarys which is also the reason people complain about game being too easy.
    Make lockeds more expensive to open and lower the drop rates, if a person wants to gamble its his/her choice, nothing to complain about. If you want to p2w there are other places to invest your platinum in other than bumping over powered gear into the game.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Alkif For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alkif View Post
    Increasing drop rates will decrease item values so overall its a very bad suggestion. Its not because I care about gold, its just not fun seeing every player using best in slot gear and pets like they do right now. If anything they should nerf drop rates. There are more arcanes and mythics than legendarys which is also the reason people complain about game being too easy.
    Make lockeds more expensive to open and lower the drop rates, if a person wants to gamble its his/her choice, nothing to complain about. If you want to p2w there are other places to invest your platinum in other than bumping over powered gear into the game.
    why is it not fun seeing every player using best slot gears ?

if everyone come to a point where they are balance in terms of power i feel pvp will be active and more over if drops are increased the economic will be finally stable .

you seems to be guy who wants to be top above all and wants everything to urself . think about others too,its not like world revolve around u

sent with love

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    276 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alkif View Post
    Making locked a more expensive to open would cause economy to go even further on inflation since even less players would open locks, creating a bigger difference between p2p and f2p players, what I'm suggesting is a way to make players feel their efforts are actually paying off instead of being bound to a randomness behind all their farm, this factor is why gold farm has grown so popular over the years, because players see an instant pay off to their time invested, if this system was added, all it would cause is an increase to the amount of players that would farm content to loot a desirable item, instead of waiting for the Gold farming Dungeons to open again.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flashio View Post
    Making locked a more expensive to open would cause economy to go even further on inflation since even less players would open locks, creating a bigger difference between p2p and f2p players, what I'm suggesting is a way to make players feel their efforts are actually paying off instead of being bound to a randomness behind all their farm, this factor is why gold farm has grown so popular over the years, because players see an instant pay off to their time invested, if this system was added, all it would cause is an increase to the amount of players that would farm content to loot a desirable item, instead of waiting for the Gold farming Dungeons to open again.
    and thats where the problem is, more people farming items with increased drop rates = 0 loot because everything will become cheap, we need more craftable items and lootable items not increased drop rates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    276 Posts

I don't know how having more players farming is bad for the game.

By SLOWLY increasing the drop rates of an item and NEVER having a drop rate reaching 100% just leads players to feel their efforts are having a positive effect, instead of feeling you have wasted your precious time farming for something to in the end never get it or having to resign from farming it and buy from someone else.

Of course it would have an impact on the market, at first prices would start A BIT lower than before and actually be reasonable prices. But this would ease the gold inflation as many would go for loot farm instead of gold farm, bringing a more balanced market scenario.

The addition of craftable items means that players would have to farm for the materials as well, some may be very common and some be insanely hard to loot, as it happened with undead vials. So these materials would be affected by the rewarding system as well.

Remember that after the item is looted, it's drop rate goes back to it's original %, so it wouldn't create a flood of "x" item.
    And no % would ever reach 100% drop rate as I have stated on the concept description.
    Last edited by flashio; 02-03-2022 at 08:01 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

+1
    I like this idea of being finally rewarded for no stop grinding instead of being disappointed for not being rewarded like currently and wasting gold/platinum on elixir because I can’t loot certain things for my items set which I been grinding for while

Also I been farming kt4 for lei shen egg I have farmed over 20-30k envelopes with no proper loot drop aside just 4 vanity drop and 7-9 cerella eggs which is very strange …..
    Last edited by Posl; 02-04-2022 at 08:13 AM.

13.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,495 Posts

I like the idea premise, but unfortunately, there are over 100,000 (one hundred thousand) items in the game and keeping track of drop rates per item per character would take up too much space. Even if we were to just do that for a fraction of the items, it just doesn't work technically.

After thinking about this a bit, currently, luck affects your chance at a second roll but with the same odds. Maybe we introduce a new stat that skews odds percentages (+1% Legendary Odds, +0.1% Arcane Odds, +1% All Odds, etc.)

-ALS

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to asommers For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

I like that idea @Asommers, add it to pets. A different pet for each type. Then one could choose what boost to farm with. Crafting drops, gears and such. Plus a million!

P.S. I’m thinking add it to the passives, so can’t be stacked.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    276 Posts

@asommers Sad that it can't be worked out the way I thought it, nonetheless is a good alternative, looking forward to it!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

lootable items are already cheap, increasing drop chances will decrease theyr value even more. If best sets were not as affordable as they are right now or we had multiple sets to choose from, then prices wouldn't decrease as much as they do right now, however that is not the case in current state.