Thread: How does gold loot work?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default How does gold loot work?

Sorry for another thread.
    It's a genuine question because I used to play when there is no gl existed.

Which gear will be considered, the gears when gold drops or the gears when you pick up?

If I kill a boss and gold drops then I change my gear to gl set, will I get gl buff?
    Or should I kill the boss with gl set?

I'm really confused because I just solo dm and killed all 5 bosses with Polaris then changed my gear to gl set to pick up the gold sacks, and none of them had gl buff. All under 8k with 640gl.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

You need to be wearing the gl set when the gold is dropped from the boss in order for it to take effect.

You dont need to kill the boss entirely with gl set to get higher gold. U can switch to gl set just before boss dies for gl to work.

You probably didnt get higher gold because you weren't wearing gl set whe boss was dead.

Sent from my PRA-LA1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by worshipped View Post
    You need to be wearing the gl set when the gold is dropped from the boss in order for it to take effect.

You dont need to kill the boss entirely with gl set to get higher gold. U can switch to gl set just before boss dies for gl to work.

You probably didnt get higher gold because you weren't wearing gl set whe boss was dead.

I see. So you need to kill the boss with gl set. It wasn't the weapon's problem but I misunderstood.

So instant kill of syl in dm will be a sacrifice of my gl for pt.
    And I was right that I never get gl when I instant kill with Polaris too.
    Thank you for enlightening me.
    Last edited by Elec; 02-01-2022 at 10:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

they should make the gold set active when u grab the gold rather than making them active when the boss drops golds...save u the trouble

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yoloswagx View Post
    they should make the gold set active when u grab the gold rather than making them active when the boss drops golds...save u the trouble

Timing the gold loot set is one of the mechanic which keeps it more interesting. Instead of making things simpler, having a lot more mechanics is better.

The more skilled u are, the better ur loots haha

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yoloswagx View Post

No because a fixed team with one 1kgl set can abuse this by passing the set to each other taking turns picking up the gold

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xuds View Post
    No because a fixed team with one 1kgl set can abuse this by passing the set to each other taking turns picking up the gold
    Imagine 4 alts of same person abusing this o. O

8. The Following User Says Thank You to worshipped For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

You can simply change from BD/Damage/Full Stat Set or Anything to Gold Loot Set (With Hotbar) when the boss health is like 20-10% left...or maybe even earlier so that you did not RIP the gold drop (Low Drop)....and with op pt that use Mytic Aegis or other (That Can 1 Shot) just use the Gold Loot Set all the time since beginning of the boss. ..cuz they can kill 3 boss with 1 Ult+Proc in Deep Marsh (From Video I Have Seen)

And yeah if you use the Gold Loot Set when the boss is already killed you will get low drop....use Gold Loot Set before the boss died basically <Sometimes even with Gold Loot Set its possible to get low drop>

Btw 640% GL is good hehe i used 350-450% before and get like 20-25k per boss

Good Luck,Hope This Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

nobody really know how it works, like luck. just endless debates and different opinions.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to gobbels For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AucResearcher View Post
    You can simply change from BD/Damage/Full Stat Set or Anything to Gold Loot Set (With Hotbar) when the boss health is like 20-10% left...or maybe even earlier so that you did not RIP the gold drop (Low Drop)....and with op pt that use Mytic Aegis or other (That Can 1 Shot) just use the Gold Loot Set all the time since beginning of the boss. ..cuz they can kill 3 boss with 1 Ult+Proc in Deep Marsh (From Video I Have Seen)

And yeah if you use the Gold Loot Set when the boss is already killed you will get low drop....use Gold Loot Set before the boss died basically <Sometimes even with Gold Loot Set its possible to get low drop>

Btw 640% GL is good hehe i used 350-450% before and get like 20-25k per boss

Good Luck,Hope This Help
    Maybe the would work with nep but not sure. I don't think I can 1 shot with gl set using Polaris. Plus rage doesn't last that long and weapon proc takes time.
    I can 1shot syl and sometimes people expect me to kill syl just because I have Polaris. So now I just use nep only so people think I don't have Polaris. Lol

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

It depends on what kind of gl set you have. The better the items, the more chances you have to os and not lose gold. This is why many wars buy polaris with gl. It's also possible as a war to one shot both syri and ursoth within Just one proc+ ulti, and still not lose gold. This is entirely up to your gear/skills

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 7 utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gobbels View Post
    nobody really know how it works, like luck. just endless debates and different opinions.
    No, its pretty simple how it works.

Gold drops in a range (between in 1k-7k in DM I think) which then gets multiplied by your gl%

If a boss was to drop 1k gold, and you had 500gl, you'd get 5k gold... If the boss was to drop 7k gold and you had 500gl, you'd get 35k gold and so on...

Its ridiculous people sometimes blame pets for causing low drop of gold, lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphurea View Post
    It depends on what kind of gl set you have. The better the items, the more chances you have to os and not lose gold. This is why many wars buy polaris with gl. It's also possible as a war to one shot both syri and ursoth within Just one proc+ ulti, and still not lose gold. This is entirely up to your gear/skills

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 7 utilizzando Tapatalk
    Oh I see what you mean. I should test out some combinations. Thanks for info.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xuds View Post
    although this sounds enticing, passing the gear around would amount in less gold/hour then just re-running the map if one can afford a 1kgl set

i know its a joke but still

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Goldloot is not a goldloot because if you kill a boss then you change gear to gl not ganna rise the loot, better to chage it to gold drop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes View Post
    Goldloot is not a goldloot because if you kill a boss then you change gear to gl not ganna rise the loot, better to chage it to gold drop.
    Goldloot is gold loot cuz it amplifies the amount of gold you loot from the boss at the time of the kill.