Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A little thank you to sts !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deecon View Post
    Now you’ve turn this into a personal problem, you could’ve just left it at two disagreements and that’s that. We all don’t live in America so don’t think the world resolves around y’all please. Supermarkets here don’t ask you to fill out survey but when you’re asked to fill out one here, you go into a draw to receive a prize.
    Fortnite, Cod, Mobile Legends Genshin Impact so many other mobile games rewards players for taking part of the gaming survey. Reason being this attracts more people to take part. This is me looking at it as a marketing perspective.

So what! You’re not the only paying customer. Playing hardcore was nothing but $$. Our voices are heard but when we’re here fighting like kids disagreeing with one another then no doubt we will be ignored. If you like doing surveys for free then play the game for free don’t be a paying customer.

Asking for a reward for taking part in this survey is nothing much to ask for. To say something like my reward is to play this game for FREE shows ignorance from you. Instead of trying to find a solution to both of our problems.

I believe people should be rewarded with non trade-able items if they’re taking the time out to review the current event in hopes it helps with future events. And that’s that.
    So since I disagree with you and voiced it twice it's a personal problem? I didn't intend for my words to hurt or offend in any way but rather explain why rewards are not necessary and will not be given.

To start, sts is an American company. And I never said the world revolves around America that's quite a statement. Me bringing up an analogy that references America is ideal for this situation rather than your phone analogy.

I can understand your marketing perspective and it does make sense that games such as those you listed would reward people for filling out their surveys. But also you need to keep in mind the player bases of those games and their history of monetization in-game also another thing these companies are not sts.

How am I ignorant for saying my reward is I get to play this game for free? What you seem to be saying is I am ignorant because I don't agree with you. I don't have any problems I personally think the survey was a great idea that should be implemented for future events as well.

As I'm sure everyone on the forums knows sts doesn't just hand out free stuff anymore they refused to do a veteran badge and I'm certain they will refuse to reward people for taking an optional survey.

Honestly ask a friend in real life give them this scenario say someone comes up to you on the street and asks if you would mind taking an optional 2-minute survey about your favorite tv show series and what you like to see in the next season of the show. Well, you either say sure I would love to or just say no thank you I don't have time.

"And that's that."
    The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Deecon & Repent you both have a point.

In fact, to give a relevant example, some researchers would compensate you for your participation in their studies and some won't, because in the literal sense, ppl who genuinely is interested in the survey or study will participate without u having to reward them anything in return. It's perfectly okay to ask for help without having to pay for it, some ppl would depend on your pay some just don't mind giving that help for free.

Well of course, won't sound bad to me if they reward players who completed a survey, and you are right Deecon, chances are high more players would have participated in comparison, thus giving sts more data to analyse with.

Both suggestions are good in my opinion tho they each serve slightly different purpose.

At the end of the day, wouldn't say which is a better approach but rather what's sts intention.
    1. If sts can get this survey without rewarding its players, seems high chance they would stick with this.
    2. If sts wants more data out of their players they may reward their players
    3. If sts simply wanna get an idea of what some of its players think of the event, they likely won't reward.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Analytical For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    Deecon & Repent you both have a point.

In fact, to give a relevant example, some researchers would compensate you for your participation in their studies and some won't, because in the literal sense, ppl who genuinely is interested in the survey or study will participate without u having to reward them anything in return. It's perfectly okay to ask for help without having to pay for it, some ppl would depend on your pay some just don't mind giving that help for free.

Well of course, won't sound bad to me if they reward players who completed a survey, and you are right Deecon, chances are high more players would have participated in comparison, thus giving sts more data to analyse with.

Both suggestions are good in my opinion tho they each serve slightly different purpose.

At the end of the day, wouldn't say which is a better approach but rather what's sts intention.
    1. If sts can get this survey without rewarding its players, seems high chance they would stick with this.
    2. If sts wants more data out of their players they may reward their players
    3. If sts simply wanna get an idea of what some of its players think of the event, they likely won't reward.
    Well said and I apologize Deecon if my words were hurtful. tc and best wishes - Atoned
    The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Repent For This Useful Post: