Thread: What would happen???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Default What would happen???

What would happen if we re-enabled xp lock kills? I realize your first thought is "dude you're beating a dead horse." but seriously. Even if just for the fun of talking about it, hear me out.

What would be the pros?
    What would be the cons?

From what I can see all the previous problems people had with it don't really exist anymore. But I'm almost always wrong so that's why I made this thread lol.

Honestly the reason I want it back is because I love playing on twinks in pvp. However pvp sometimes has slow days and on those slow days I like to farm. But honestly I like soloing the best. So I thought with this then we could gain some kills without being forced to endgame. I mean I already have an endgame character you know? And I like all my stats to look good. That's hard to do when your pve is like 30k max kills by level 50.

What are your reasons for wanting it, or not wanting it back? I'd love to hear some perspective!
    ~MM

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I for one am a strong advocate for getting kills while XP locked. Sure, there may be a few (5 max) that will exploit for leaderboard fame. But why punish the rest of us? I will never be on the leaderboard but would like to keep track of kills on twink farmers.
    YYZBird-115, YYZBear-115, YYZMage-115

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Plat = money for STS
    Maybe a five minute allow skills elixir ;D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I think they should allow kills when the xp lock is enabled, but only in the levels your character would be eligible to get xp if your xp lock was turned off.

I actually just noticed this tonight. I turned xp lock on to stop my character from going from lvl65 to lvl66. I did this so that I can continue to farm humania for lvl66 items and have the best odds of getting pink drops there. So for me, I'm a lvl65 farming humania and I don't get credit for kills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YYZ???? View Post
    I for one am a strong advocate for getting kills while XP locked. Sure, there may be a few (5 max) that will exploit for leaderboard fame. But why punish the rest of us? I will never be on the leaderboard but would like to keep track of kills on twink farmers.
    They are already ruined by high levels running low level dungeons with a 5 plat, 5 minute elixir. Sts is making mega profit so they are fine with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Im pretty sure the originaly took this feature off so they could add the exp enable elixer with less problems. Also, think about those people who actually worked HARD and put time into getting kills the hard way to get on leaderboards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

The leaderboard is forever tainted from back from when you could get credit for xp lock kills before. Nobody is ever going to catch up unless they spend practically infinity platinum on xp enable pots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I did that back in sewers when I had a twink of sorts. I liked farming the pinks and gaining kills but no xp. I suppose it'd be nice if we could do that again; to gain a high amount of kills at a lower level. (imagining a level like 15 twink on lb for pve kills now haha) I think if there was one thing I could bring back from the older PL when I first started playing, it'd be to raise the exp requirements to level. It's so much easier for people to level now or just use elixirs and power level. Some don't seem to learn how to properly use their character's skills. (maybe they did it before and I'm just becoming more aware?)

I digress. To me the pro of bringing it back would be an insane amount of kills, if you have the time. That's about all I can think of for pros, just many kills at virtually any level. The cons, as stated before, would be leaderboard kills not actually being "earned". Just a bunch of time spent on a lower level with very much time on someone's hands.

I'm kind of glad someone brought this back up though. Reminds me of when I first started playing. Oh the torturing bliss of being a noob.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Possibly let us keep tracks but never have the kills be considered or factored into Leaderboards.
    At least not the ones you gain when XP is locked.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Whirlzap For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

Possibly to kill lists...
    Kills for Xp
    And kills with it off
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

I agrre with ya Micah. I find it amuzing how people still justify earning kills in a low level dungeon as "cheating." You are gaining kills in a level-appropriate area. The error in this philosophy is that most who "farm" kills are "skilled" players who understand the mechanics of the game. Does anyone think farming kills in Humania is easy? No. So whyvwould that be different a year from now when we are 15-20 levels higher? Makes no sense to me.

I have a bear that I farm kills with when I am bored. I currently farm them at Keeper and you would be surprised how many individuals die there. (And a lot are bigher levels than I am.)
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

I want it back... :/
    Daantjeh LVL 71 Bird | MageProdigy LVL 66 Mage | Prototypee LVL 65 Bear | Weapon Proc+Skill Combo's Guide | Guide When to use which emote! | All in one Guide for the Best PvE Ratio (Archer) |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I want definitely want it back because there's not much more to do. The pve kd leaderboard just takes a lot of platinum and magic castle runs. I'd like to be on the k/d lb but don't have the plat...

Of course I doubt they'll actually bring it back...
    Last edited by Swampy; 07-01-2012 at 11:46 AM.
    Hey!
    Check out------->Soloing Guide
    In the works! 2K15

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

In answer to a lot of yalls posts I wanted to point out something.

As far as I can tell, the leader boards have been screwed with the xp anywhere elixir. I mean what is easier than using a capped character in a low level dungeon? (and most of the time on a thrasher) what? Using a low level character in a low level dungeon without any elixirs? What I'm saying is, no matter what it seems, xp enabled kills is a step down from the madness we are in right now. Whereas before it was a step up. It made things easier as far as kills went. Now it would actually make things harder. See what I'm saying? Before they were "cheap kills." Now they would be more legit than the usual kills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Urqui View Post
    I don't think this is true. Because it's still hard work to kill at your level's campaign.
    Not really, especially at the lower levels. You can continue to get xp/kills a few levels above the level of the campaign. That's how they used to do it. For instance, lock your yourself at level 46 or 47 or so (or whatever it would be) and clean house on Plasma Pyramid for few hours. Or even better, lock at level 28 and play Mega Maze. It gets a little tougher to do so in the higher campaigns, but for those lower level maps, once you get a couple levels above the campaign you can easily and quickly solo the map without dying. And then just do that forever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

@McBain just like a level 71? Oh and have you personally tried doing what you say? It's not as quick and easy as you say it is. And especially not as quick and easy as a 71 on thrasher.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I'm not sure you understand what I'm saying. I'm talking about past kill farming methods, not current. You wouldn't need to be level 71 or use thrasher. In fact, you couldn't be above a certain level because xp enable pots didn't exist. The idea is that you would lock xp at the level just before you become unable to earn xp in that map, and yes, it's pretty easy. If you can't solo Mega Maze at level 28, then you're probably in trouble. In fact, you can only kill mobs so fast, so being a higher level and using an elixir probably wouldn't speed up the process by much, and elixirs don't multiply kills anyway, only xp. This, of course, was when you could still get kills while xp was locked as long as you played a map within your xp range, which isn't the case anymore. That's how people racked up hundreds of thousands of kills, and it didn't cost a dime. They did at low levels with easily solo-able maps.
    Last edited by McBain; 07-01-2012 at 05:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

@Mcbain I'm not sure what you are trying to say. I'm well aware what xp locked kills are. You seem to be saying that in the past this was an easy way to amass kills, which is true to some extint. However you said people would "rack up hundreds of thousands is kills." Do you have evidence for this at all? As far as I can remember the most kills a character got by doing this was 238k+ achieved by queenofcakes in a matter of about a year. If I remember correctly, the second place character was at approximately 170k kills achieved in the same amount of time. Now how long has xp anywhere elixir been around? About a year? Maybe less? And if you will check the LB you will notice that queenofcakes is now rank 5. What does this mean? It means that kills are much easier to come by now than ever before. You can also check the individual ratio LB's and find that they have sky-rocketed as well leaving 1 or maybe 2 people left who used xp locked kills.

My question to you is what exactly is your problem with xp locked kills? Is it that no one has to spend money?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I think we're disagreeing on what "easy" means. Sure, it would take a lot of time to accumulate that many kills with the old method, but it wasn't technically difficult to accomplish (and better yet, didn't cost anything). You just had to have the patience to sit there for hours upon hours destroying bad guys. That part hasn't changed I'm sure, because I don't know that it would go that much faster with a level 71 toon, as I said before. I guess the only thing I'm saying is that previously you could do it without spending plat.

I never once said I had a problem with xp lock kills. If that's what someone want to spend their time and plat doing, it really doesn't affect me in the slightest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Ok that makes sense