Thread: Lovecraft Event Feedback

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Default Lovecraft Event Feedback

Tiers.
    Bronze Tier: 2 gold elixirs is a decent reward since can either sell these or use to sell candy boxes or craft love letter, adding an unlocked chest to the reward would have topped it.
    Silver Tier: 1 unlocked chest and, the first of many to come in the event, vanity banner, straight bad reward, tier rewards should scalate getting better as player goes higher. Save the vanity banner for Gold OR Plat Tier. Making reward 2 gold elixirs and 2 unlocked chests would be a much more useful reward for players.
    Gold Tier: 2 unlocked chests, 1 love letter and the 2nd vanity banner of the event, personally I don't like this kind of design at all, but that's not the problem, the problem is the many recolors of this kind of plain banner, a total of 3 banners with the same design, what is the need of this?...
    Making the reward 3 unlocked chests, 2 gold elixirs, 1 love letter, 3 fleeting love elixir and banner from tier silver would have made for a so much better reward.
    Plat Tier: Title, 3 unlocked chests, 2 love letter, 15 fleeting love elixir, aura and a vanity banner. When it comes to spendable items it's actually a good reward, the problem comes when you look at the vanity part of the reward, a non colored title, a tradeable aura that will end up being too cheap since it's a 2 week event and a recolor of the Gold Tier banner.
    If you're gonna release more auras in the upcoming events make them account bound if they will be awarded as Tier reward, events have vendors and store exclusive items for this kind of items.
    Now here comes the 1st recolor of Gold Tier banner, don't have much to say, at least you tried to "improve" it by adding a cute bat.

Leaderboard.
    At first look the rewards are pretty decent except for 2 aspects, the Top 50 banner is yet another recolor of the Gold Tier banner and vanity rewards are completely different from each Top, what I mean by this 2nd aspect is that Top 10 players are not getting either the Top 50 banner or the Top 25 backpack.
    I'm not saying the Top 10 Rewards are bad but makes no sense for a player that has made it up to the top to not get the full reward, if don't want to make the top 10 too stacked up on rewards share then on the different tops. Remove the Top 50 banner and make the Top 10 banner an overall reward for the leaderboard; make the Top 25 backpack an added reward on top of the current ones for Top 10.
    As for Top 50 and 25 they should always get their respective jewel reward, I don't know why only Top 10 has a Jewel as part of the reward this time.

Boss loot.
    Merfkin: candy heart, Gothic set, Arc shaping stone. Adding lock to the loot table would have been a good touch.
    Crested Merfkin: Golden letter chest, candy heart, locked, mended backpack, garlic. Removing candy heart from the loot table would have been good, besides that all good.
    Hugthulu: lovecraft chest, gold lovecraft chest, endless set, heart party wings,heart hats, currency and tokens. Here's where the party starts, why make 3 recolors of the same wings and hats and have em all loot from the same boss, I know it's easy to make recolors but at least keep it cool, make a "rare" version lootable from boss and recolored version from Token Vendor or Crested Merfkin.
    Instead of having Hugthulu drop all kinds of currency make it drop a currency chest instead, gives players a way to profit by selling it or try their luck for better loot.
    Prime Hugthulu: gold lovecraft chest, Tainted weapons, heart party wings, dazzling Hugthulu mask, purple rose, mended heart pack, locks, currency and tokens. Same problem with as before with party wings. Here we have currency again, make it loot a "grand" currency chest or just a regular currency chest if it's too much trouble making a new chest. Adding Garlic or a Heroic Redd to the loot table would have been good.

Token Vendor.
    Redd pet, Parch paper, unlocked chest, heart eyepatch (3color),heart mask (3color), heart party set (2color), new set of furniture.
    New pet, unlocked chests and the new set of furniture items is really good, specially the Hugthulu altar!
    Too many recolors in the vendor, would have been much better if left it no recolor or 2 recolors, keeping 1 as vendor exclusive and another as event dungeon loot.
    Vendor lacks items that actually help the gameplay experience for players, such as currency chest, jewel chest, inventory slots, gear, etc.

Locks.
    The loot table seems good but so much gold added to the locks as actual loot bothers me, if this gold was only 2 different loots (1m arcane, 500k Mythic) would've been much better, as it is atm just makes ppl get hyped over looting an arcane to just see they got a little gold.

Chests.
    Nothing to add, good loot table for event chests.

Elixirs.
    Fleeting love Elixir. Nothing to add up, good effect.
    Gold Love Elixir. Nothing to add up, good effect.
    Love Elixir. Make it increase drop rate of candy hearts, as it is atm it only works as a visual and to grant candies to other ppl.

Pets.
    Redd. Bad hb, once again a legendary pet is released to gather dust, add at the very least some kind of dmg buff to its hb, even if low it could have been a good option for players who can't afford a gl pet or speed pet, as it is atm it doesn't help since player won't have enough dmg to kill boss or mobs quickly.
    Arc Redd. An overall good pet, not what most players expected, this kind of pet would have been welcomed for lunar event, a pet for gold farming.
    Garlic. A good hb for haste lovers, tho I'm not sure if it can compare to arc sentinel since it lacks speed on its hb, I guess time will tell. Awful passive and aa. Expected way more for the only pet with a new design on this event.

Tainted/Endless.
    Yet again sets released to gather dust get released, with a highly outdated proc from Tainted weapos Tainted set will be left behind since it's nowhere near to the power level from legend set, don't get me wrong I'm not saying the legend set should get shadowed by Tainted sets as it would cause zodias content to go even more dead than it currently is, just asking for a viable option for those players who don't like or can't afford the legendary set, by simply giving a proc to weapon that slightly buffs user's dmg and deals dot in order to activate the 2nd part of the proc (the buff/debuff bundle deploy proc) more quickly it would make these weapons much more desirable.
    Now, their designs are the same once again with a slight change of colors, you should try a bit harder and give these sets small tweaks to change their appearance a bit, seriously...
    About their auras, idk if this is a bug or intended, if it's intended it's a very lazy move from the design team to make the auras the exact same from lvl 76 sets, hope I'm wrong.

Craftable.
    Sadly, once again we don't have a account bound craftable backpack using gold and regular candy letters, hope this is not the case for upcoming events, why remove a part of the event that makes players actually play the game?
    Last edited by flashio; 02-12-2022 at 05:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Remove arcane fossil and shard from locks both are useless these days. Thanks.
    The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I'll be straight, it's pretty boring.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Taint set definitely needed a buff to be usefull in zodias maps.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Lately events have become a waste of time. Drop chances are very badly balanced which makes them worthless or impossible to obtain. Also I hate seeing unlocked chests in tier rewards, I would like to be rewarded for my grind not given a 0.01% chance to get something decent. Lastly a new maps would be nice or at the very least recoloured map of previous year. Ive played this game for soo long and events are starting to become unbearable since Ive ran those maps for so many times now. Perhaps we should lower the amount of events so we could focus on quality over quantity like in good old days?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alkif View Post
    Lately events have become a waste of time. Drop chances are very badly balanced which makes them worthless or impossible to obtain. Also I hate seeing unlocked chests in tier rewards, I would like to be rewarded for my grind not given a 0.01% chance to get something decent. Lastly a new maps would be nice or at the very least recoloured map of previous year. Ive played this game for soo long and events are starting to become unbearable since Ive ran those maps for so many times now. Perhaps we should lower the amount of events so we could focus on quality over quantity like in good old days?
    Especially because I played since 2012 I completely agree with you. I feel the same. It's like this game is stuck in some weird never changing event loop with a new pet and a recolor here and there. For this reason I just stopped participating in running event maps ENTIRELY. Simply because the unbalanced drop rates of worthwhile loot is so terrible that it's just sad, makes you want to quit and regret to have lost all the time that you invested... (A good example would be gold merfkin and Garlic). And the fact that arcane/arcanite gear and pets cannot be attained from tokenvendors and bosses makes these events just not enjoyable for non-plat players. Some token pets are not even tradeable as eggs anymore. I am not even going to start talking about the ridiculous power gap between legendary and arcane gear. Why bring out new harder Zodias maps when it's mostly only playable by rich veterans or plat whales? Doesn't Space Time Studios want to grow their playerbase to increase revenue by attracting newer players? Nowadays many people just come back to merch and chat with guildies. If this keeps up long enough, this will game will be dead for good.
    Last edited by Kiritobozz; 02-13-2022 at 04:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts

Recolor map at least, change music, change map patterns like maus so it's not boring and same thing every year diff mob mechanics too

Sent from my DE2118 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

1.5k tokens for an unlocked is disappointing.
    I believe this count was intended for lb runners who play about 20 hours a day at the event. but those who don't run 20 hours a day get frustrated.

maybe put a daily cap on each character to control the sale of token unlocks and make it more accessible with less tokens on purchase.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kiritobozz View Post
    Especially because I played since 2012 I completely agree with you. I feel the same. It's like this game is stuck in some weird never changing event loop with a new pet and a recolor here and there. For this reason I just stopped participating in running event maps ENTIRELY. Simply because the unbalanced drop rates of worthwhile loot is so terrible that it's just sad, makes you want to quit and regret to have lost all the time that you invested... (A good example would be gold merfkin and Garlic). And the fact that arcane/arcanite gear and pets cannot be attained from tokenvendors and bosses makes these events just not enjoyable for non-plat players. Some token pets are not even tradeable as eggs anymore. I am not even going to start talking about the ridiculous power gap between legendary and arcane gear. Why bring out new harder Zodias maps when it's mostly only playable by rich veterans or plat whales? Doesn't Space Time Studios want to grow their playerbase to increase revenue by attracting newer players? Nowadays many people just come back to merch and chat with guildies. If this keeps up long enough, this will game will be dead for good.
    STS only plans to retain their current plat spending players, hence the lack of advertisement and innovation.

They are scared to do anything which will disappoint these Plat whales.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Salvatory View Post
    1.5k tokens for an unlocked is disappointing.
    I believe this count was intended for lb runners who play about 20 hours a day at the event. but those who don't run 20 hours a day get frustrated.

maybe put a daily cap on each character to control the sale of token unlocks and make it more accessible with less tokens on purchase.
    Yep. 1500 tokens is equivalent to 150 normal runs, and that is just for 1 pull, not even 3, please think about that...