Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can we help?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default How can we help?

First off, please leave the drama at home. Don’t bring it to this lovely thread that’s to be created by our community.

We are all here to play Arcane Legends. We also all have instances of doubt, and we all don’t want this game to go downhill in anyway.

If you believe it already has headed that way, please help yourself to explaining some reasons to why you believe this. CONSTRUCTIVELY. Criticism isn’t worth anything unless it’s constructive.

Now that you’ve thought about those reasons, What are some things that we could do as the community to assist?

STS can only do so much at once, they can only release so much at once, they are humans everyone. As are we, and we share something in common with STS. We all love this game.

How. Can. We. Help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I’d love to start!

I think a huge piece would be to more active on creating guides as we learn tips & tricks to the ways of Arlor. This would really help new players get on track with some of the things us veterans forget or don’t have time to constantly tell newbies.

I also think it’d help a ton to create another gold sink. Sir Spendsalot should stay of course, because it’s the OG Gold sink, and what he offers is great! Unfortunately, I think we are due for a new mechanism of a gold sink. Something more widely available for people & something that puts lower level sought out gear back into rotation & maybe some new extras to spice it up.

Here’s some ideas to support the above:
    1. Time Travel Machine added to Sir Spendalot
    - Open machine to travel through time to past level cap elite maps, dropping the same loot it did back in the day (including the locked crates from each expansion to bring back old mythics & arcanes)

Final thought: We need to stop worrying about upsetting the few richies who still play and beg for things to be super rare for them to stay rich, and worry about the people who’ve YET TO EVEN PLAY THE GAME! Anyone coming to this game, should have at least 60% access to what we had throughout our time.
    Start an entirely new account & don’t message any existing friends & tell me how far you make it…
    We MUST attend to the ones who are coming to this game if we wish to see Arlor populate.

This game is so underrated. Sacrifice places to gain in others. We need more Arlorians to enjoy this game as we did.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Its their fault they weren't the early birds. Yeah we been asking for gold sinks for ages, they refuse to add more.
    Giving people OP items and access to old stuff isn't going to fix the game. What will fix the game is reworking the story line to be correct and slow paced. We have players who are skipping maps to get to higher level maps like level 63's in festerfang when you should be entering that map at lv 71. Rengol maps are difficult for new players who don't know strategy and constantly proceed to die. There is no guide on story progression, there are no weapons or pets you can obtain that make you want to keep playing. Put some random heroic or arcane pet that can be obtained through the story quests. It doesn't have to be op, its just there to make people think "Oh I got something good I want to keep playing." The game's story line progression is bugged, messed up, and inaccurate. Most people don't even enter nordr, you level faster than the future map requirements and in the end you level too slow so you are stuck doing story quests for days. It should take 50 hours to complete the story mode and once completed you should be level 81 with a lot of knowledge about the game. Not start out get to level 20 go to kracken get to level 50 go to tindrin get to lv 60 be stuck on dailies until lv 81.
    If we went into the past then leveling would take 100x longer, you didn't get exp from quests back then. You only got exp from killing mobs.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Decentralized View Post
    I’d love to start!

I think a huge piece would be to more active on creating guides as we learn tips & tricks to the ways of Arlor. This would really help new players get on track with some of the things us veterans forget or don’t have time to constantly tell newbies.

I also think it’d help a ton to create another gold sink. Sir Spendsalot should stay of course, because it’s the OG Gold sink, and what he offers is great! Unfortunately, I think we are due for a new mechanism of a gold sink. Something more widely available for people & something that puts lower level sought out gear back into rotation & maybe some new extras to spice it up.

Here’s some ideas to support the above:
    1. Time Travel Machine added to Sir Spendalot
    - Open machine to travel through time to past level cap elite maps, dropping the same loot it did back in the day (including the locked crates from each expansion to bring back old mythics & arcanes)

Final thought: We need to stop worrying about upsetting the few richies who still play and beg for things to be super rare for them to stay rich, and worry about the people who’ve YET TO EVEN PLAY THE GAME! Anyone coming to this game, should have at least 60% access to what we had throughout our time.
    Start an entirely new account & don’t message any existing friends & tell me how far you make it…
    We MUST attend to the ones who are coming to this game if we wish to see Arlor populate.

This game is so underrated. Sacrifice places to gain in others. We need more Arlorians to enjoy this game as we did.

I started a fresh account 1 year ago with nothing, no fiends, no guild. Now, I am being close to being a top overall mage with 500m net worth... IN JUST 1 YEAR!

I do own couple seasonal lb banner, and 2 event lb banners too in this 1 year starting with 0 gold... Peace.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ploid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ploid View Post
    I started a fresh account 1 year ago with nothing, no fiends, no guild. Now, I am being close to being a top overall mage with 500m net worth... IN JUST 1 YEAR!

I do own couple seasonal lb banner, and 2 event lb banners too in this 1 year starting with 0 gold... Peace.

Tell us, how?

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Please enlighten me as well.
    The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Repent View Post
    Please enlighten me as well.
    Just getting lucky with loots I suppose, and few good investments ^_^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

God invest is plat too????We need to know!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Just getting lucky with loots I suppose, and few good investments ^_^

in a year, nah, not luck, just hard grind and non stop playing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett View Post
    in a year, nah, not luck, just hard grind and non stop playing
    Yeah, not all people have 24/7 free time to grind and throw their life away ..lol

Sent from my RMX2001 using Tapatalk

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danialazhad63 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by danialazhad63 View Post
    Yeah, not all people have 24/7 free time to grind and throw their life away ..lol

:))))) exactly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts

I did make a character and did exactly what was suggested and it was an awful experience.
    Anyway, I'm just repeating myself because I've been saying the same thing for ages, eons even.
    Encryptions said it all and he's right.
    Aside from that, I've seen new players level to capped and they struggle to be able to afford a speed set, something that seems to be necessary now because if you're in an event without one and (not forgetting the bane) you may as well just forget it.
    I've been guilty of leaving some players behind accidentally because it's taken for granted now that everyone goes fast. Not so.
    While I'm on the subject of events, the gates open before some people without speed sets get there.
    Also, I forgot my bane, talisman, whatever, ah yes, the enthralled thingy (irony is that not many players are enthralled) and the pools are too much.
    Lower levels are continually being left out of events. The exception was the racing event, that was a success and well done for giving the lowest levels something to do aside from dailies.
    Meanwhile, we have the geeks going on about cryptos and the fangle of the dangle blah de blah, when all the game needed was what has been suggested by me and others for a very long time.
    Something...to...play...for.
    No need for arcane drops or something spectacular that can be exploited by endgamers either.
    Oh and guilds who want players to have so many kills and pvp aps, come out of the dark ages. Where are players going to get kills nowadays, hauntlet? Pvp is dead too.
    Let them join, stop sitting on your assets and help them get the aps. There are certain guilds who do this but I know the guilds who are still high and mighty and full of old players who are frankly, boring.
    Have a good day.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Its their fault they weren't the early birds. Yeah we been asking for gold sinks for ages, they refuse to add more.
    Giving people OP items and access to old stuff isn't going to fix the game. What will fix the game is reworking the story line to be correct and slow paced. We have players who are skipping maps to get to higher level maps like level 63's in festerfang when you should be entering that map at lv 71. Rengol maps are difficult for new players who don't know strategy and constantly proceed to die. There is no guide on story progression, there are no weapons or pets you can obtain that make you want to keep playing. Put some random heroic or arcane pet that can be obtained through the story quests. It doesn't have to be op, its just there to make people think "Oh I got something good I want to keep playing." The game's story line progression is bugged, messed up, and inaccurate. Most people don't even enter nordr, you level faster than the future map requirements and in the end you level too slow so you are stuck doing story quests for days. It should take 50 hours to complete the story mode and once completed you should be level 81 with a lot of knowledge about the game. Not start out get to level 20 go to kracken get to level 50 go to tindrin get to lv 60 be stuck on dailies until lv 81.
    If we went into the past then leveling would take 100x longer, you didn't get exp from quests back then. You only got exp from killing mobs.
    Devs actually tried to fix dailies meta at some point, but community got too mad at them. Not the right time for that yet, I guess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

In my opinion nothing can secure the success of the game more so than encouraging new players. This is complicated. So, you need more new players and you need those players to stay playing. I know when I started I loved it when a player of higher level would take the time to run with me. I loved seeing what I was going to be able to do in time if I kept playing. I, myself, will always run a few boards with a “low lv” when asked. Feel like I’m giving back. Or, the feeling when someone would just randomly give me a cool item. Looking back, I didn’t know that most of the time people were just cleaning their inventory. Haha.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justanutt For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    Oh and guilds who want players to have so many kills and pvp aps, come out of the dark ages. Where are players going to get kills nowadays, hauntlet? Pvp is dead too.
    Let them join, stop sitting on your assets and help them get the aps. There are certain guilds who do this but I know the guilds who are still high and mighty and full of old players who are frankly, boring.
    Have a good day.
    About the guild thing I 200% understand why people don't invite new players into their guilds. The guild I am in currently, we invite a lot of new players and help them level up and once they level up to what ever level they just leave and not even say a simple ty. Makes us feel like "Damn I just wasted all that time on someone."
    We actually had a few people we helped to lv 81 and they would leave on their 81 character and bring a low lv character so we would level it too. We caught on fast and kicked them, now a few of them insult us and try to join our guild on alts to curse us or try and spy.
    New players spam chat begging for help 24/7 after getting help and they leave right after, they beg for items or gold, they spam blind pt the entire guild after being warned, and they are usually toxic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    About the guild thing I 200% understand why people don't invite new players into their guilds. The guild I am in currently, we invite a lot of new players and help them level up and once they level up to what ever level they just leave and not even say a simple ty. Makes us feel like "Damn I just wasted all that time on someone."
    We actually had a few people we helped to lv 81 and they would leave on their 81 character and bring a low lv character so we would level it too. We caught on fast and kicked them, now a few of them insult us and try to join our guild on alts to curse us or try and spy.
    New players spam chat begging for help 24/7 after getting help and they leave right after, they beg for items or gold, they spam blind pt the entire guild after being warned, and they are usually toxic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Yes I do understand. The best way is to make it plain that you help with difficult bosses but not with carrying them through maps.
    I made the same mistake and it is easily done. If they become abusive for not understanding that they need to clear appropriate maps for their level, that's their problem.
    Advice and helping with aps is what I was referring to, for instance, none of us mind helping folk get the haunted title or elite boss titles, stuff like that.
    Also, encouraging players to make same level parties.
    Treating lower levels as equals too. Just because someone is a high level doesn't mean the real person behind the character is any better or cleverer than someone who just started playing. Some people actually talk down to new players.
    Some guild members run themselves ragged helping people to level because they don't want them to leave. Like you said, they do anyway when they've used you.
    In my post, I was trying to highlight the fact that kills on a kdr should not count anymore...even on level 76-81 the kills are low due to the fact levelling is due to daily quests and not how we levelled.
    There isn't anywhere they can get an iota of the kills we got back in the day when levelling wasn't anything to do with dailies.
    Just talking to Baldur in Kraag and boom, you're level 19 and ready for Kraken. Talking with the Herald and you're ready for Shuyal and tindirin. So they ignore Dead City and go straight to a map that will give more of a challenge.
    It's all the wrong way round. It should be made easier to level after level 60 because if they are genuine new players, they will have a better game experience.
    Maybe I'm wrong but that's the way I see it. Hopefully there will be more feedback on this topic.
    I'm not playing at the moment, busy in real life, so just looking on here now and again.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Letsmixx View Post
    God invest is plat too????We need to know!
    I started near Zavier last year, made 20m worth of gold... then came Easter, looted like 60 plat eggs, 10k red eggs at 1k each. Bought 50 more plat eggs at 400k each.

Sold the plat eggs at 650k each, sold the red eggs at 1.8k each. Merched a bit, bough Blizz 60m, bought kershal 200m.

Sold Blizz 210m, and kershal 330m at november 2021.

I also made 40m running halloween lb top50, and 30m running winter lb top 50.

Last edited by Ploid; 02-13-2022 at 09:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

First off, “how can we help”
    Gotta say it’s not our fault, many already go out of their way to give helpful input
    If sts ignores, well that happens I suppose

What is wrong in part?
    Half the game was pvp- that’s over
    Hard to compete w whales n chase inflation
    No good gold sink
    Handful of threads asking for an option to disable auras- simple no without explanation
    New content has no draw(drops) & is too hard for many
    A lower level map is better than endgame for making $
    No class balance
    Weapon procs replace the need for other classes often
    The constant release of things that get nerfed/buffed after ppl spend large $
    Locks are gambling

Off the dome
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stephencobear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by danialazhad63 View Post

"Nah bro the reason you're poor is because you're lazy and not sacrificing 8hrs of your day like me grind don't stop" - some people on this forum... unfortunately

Anyway the best we can do is keep suggesting changes or new things. Atleast nowadays we get feedback that they've READ our suggestions (shout out asommers), so that's a start. As players there's not much we can do, just help new players when you can and try to foster and non toxic community.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Neutrone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I'm always supporting most things said. I think AL could need a better Storylines. Storylines are completely underrated. Because sometimes the heroes or stories of a game is where your heart stays. For example WoW- even if they would make the game worse now, many would stay because of the experience.

Also Ingame Guide/Tutorial Systems at the start. Longer and more information than the tutorial we have rn, but able to turn off.

A good gold sink would be maybe some sort of Guild-Investment, where you can upgrade your guild ( Maybe for additionnal bonus effects idk).

Also some other gameplay features besides farming gold would be good. Maybe some sort of profession/hobby (Smithing, Alchemy...) for more game diversity. Many other games have those and it's always funny work and also cool to specialize yourself.
    Dragons are overall