Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drop Mechanics

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Question Drop Mechanics

I was'nt aware of any drop percentage favours given to lower level avi's until I read a post a few minutes ago

Energzeric said :
    I actually just noticed this tonight. I turned xp lock on to stop my character from going from lvl65 to lvl66. I did this so that I can continue to farm humania for lvl66 items and have the best odds of getting pink drops there. So for me, I'm a lvl65 farming humania and I don't get credit for kills.

So is this true, and if so, then what else am I missing out on. What else effects drops.
    What does Shamrock ale elixir actually do?
    And if I do a boss heavy levellike Nuri Funhouse, will I have same drop chance as the bosses in normal levels?

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Ugh.
    There is NO currently confirmed-by-dev report of twinks having lower drop rates than normal levels.
    I and many others have tested and even SHOWN it, but it is still not confirmed and remains either a streak of luck or a streak of dryness.

There is nothing currently confirmed that affects drop rates besides Big Lucks, and the Luck Elixirs.
    Shamrock Ale Elixir gives you a 100% reroll chance.
    Means if you get a green, it will 100% reroll into a purple.
    Get a purple, it will 100% reroll into a pink.

Thing is, this only applies to loot received from Minibosses and Bosses.
    You won't get any rerolls from getting loot from normal mobs.

Glyph at Nuri's is already really rare and hard to obtain for level 60s.
    There is a huge theory that the drop rate is significantly lower at level 56.
    I have tested and shown the same idea of how level 21 pink loot is of higher rarity than level 25 pink loot at SSC.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Whirlzap For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

I find it funny how after nearly 2 years playing PL, the same rumors continue to fly around.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    I find it funny how after nearly 2 years playing PL, the same rumors continue to fly around.
    They'll neve stop... People want to beleive that there chances are better then everyone else's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Actually whirlz did we even receive purples in nuris and fang? I don't recall. Anyway I have a feeling that the big luck and all that doesn't work FOR fang and nuri.
    But, I could be wrong who knows.

Sig made by Arexos! Buying Phantom Bow set pm meh!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

You get purples as a VERY rare drop from Vampires and the bosses in Fang.
    You get purples from the boss called Quests.
    I think purples also drop from bosses, but the chance for purple is literally almost the chance for a pink.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

61 pinks used to drop at a higher rate then the respective 65 items. Devs didn't say anything about it and I don't know exact numbers ofc, but I'm sure the 61 pink rate used to be higher, seemed to have been nerfed lateron tho.
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

ok. thanks.
    I have rushed past most quests and PL stuff to level up quick in the small amounts of time that I do log on, so have missed out on these tid bits.

Can someone answer this please?
    If I do a boss-heavy level like Nuri funhouse or Monster Bash, will the bosses have the same drop chance as they would have in normal levels?
    eg. if I kill the snake charmer in funhouse will it have same drop chance as the snake charmer I kill in its own level?
    No, I insist. Call me democrats.
    Cause this time, the auto correct did'nt work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Nothing affects drop rates.. All of it is speculation. "But what about..". Nope, lies. The only thing that will actually "change the drop rate" is a luck elixr.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by demoncrate View Post
    ok. thanks.
    I have rushed past most quests and PL stuff to level up quick in the small amounts of time that I do log on, so have missed out on these tid bits.

Can someone answer this please?
    If I do a boss-heavy level like Nuri funhouse or Monster Bash, will the bosses have the same drop chance as they would have in normal levels?
    eg. if I kill the snake charmer in funhouse will it have same drop chance as the snake charmer I kill in its own level?
    Yes, it is the 100% same drop rate.
    The only advantage is just having lots of bosses grouped together, saving the time needed to kill the mobs/clear level to get to the boss.
    Oh, and some levels with boss-heavy places don't drop the premium pinks from each dungeon.
    One example is the normal Vampire Feast from Mount Fang. The bosses there have same HP, attacks, and everything, except they don't drop Chiroptera pinks.
    The Epic Vampire Feast is the one that does.

Sandstorm Cave Gauntlet does not drop any SSC Premium Pinks either.
    Monster Bash in Humania (3 Plat a run) is the one that drops Humanian Pinks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Read:

http://www.pocket-legends.com/npcs/c...my-health-bar/

When I was lvl64, all of the Humania monsters had the red circle. Now that I am lvl65, some of them have a red circle and some have yellow. That means some Humania monsters are lvl69 and some are lvl70. So I decided not to level up anymore until I finish my complete lvl66 set.

Just a FYI, on a Humania farming run a couple of days ago, a group of 3 lvl70 characters allowed a lvl16 twink to tag along for the run. He managed not to get killed just by staying a couple steps behind them as they cleared the mobs. He got 2 pink drops in the 3 boards that were cleared while I was there. I'm guessing his drop rate was higher than ours, although obviously this was a very small sample rate. I'm not even sure how he was allowed to be in Humania at such a low level. Maybe he paid plat to go there?
    Last edited by Energizeric; 07-01-2012 at 01:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Also, my personal experience seems to follow these rules as well. With the 3 previous campaigns, I was "late" getting to them. I was still finishing up the AO3 quests when I was lvl50, so I did not start the sewers until I was lvl52. I did not start Nuri until I was lvl58, and I did not start Fang until I was lvl61. The results are that I never got a single pink drop from any of those 3 campaigns. So at lvl63 I started Humania, and I've gotten 3 pink drops there so far. Again, this is a very small sample rate, but could indeed be the case that odds are slightly better when you are lower level. It does make sense that they could make the reward better for a more difficult fight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Some people are getting crazy amounts of pinks in monster bash. I know one person who has gotten close to 40 pinks in just a few days. Then there is people like me. Since humania came out I've spent over 900 plat on elixirs (thrasher, shamrock, monster bash) I have gotten exactly 0 pink drops in humania. I'm gonna stay away from the cursed land for a while and just buy the items for cheap as market crashes from over abundance of pinks My question is how can they be so lucky and I cannot even get lucky one time. My experience with humania leaves me really confused with the drop system because I have farmed for many many hours including lvl 71 and kill boss every time and not 1 pink Crazy
    Last edited by Engelhard; 07-01-2012 at 03:26 PM.

Engelhard lvl 85 Engelbird lvl 85 Engelbear lvl 85 Engelrhino lvl 85 Engelfox lvl 85 Drahlegne lvl 10 Engeltwink lvl 10 Kitco lvl 10 Engelone lvl 1. And 12 mystery toons <(^_^)>v

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    There is nothing currently confirmed that affects drop rates besides Big Lucks, and the Luck Elixirs.
    Shamrock Ale Elixir gives you a 100% reroll chance.
    Means if you get a green, it will 100% reroll into a purple.
    Get a purple, it will 100% reroll into a pink.
    Is this true? I was under the impression that a re-roll didn't automatically give you better loot, and the percentage was only referring to the chance that a re-roll would occur. If that is the case, then calling it a "re-roll" is pretty misleading, since that term refers back to the days of rpgs using dice. In other words, a chance to "roll" again for better loot, but not a guarantee of better loot.
    Last edited by McBain; 07-01-2012 at 03:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Is this true? I was under the impression that a re-roll didn't automatically gave you better loot, and the percentage was only referring to the chance that a re-roll would occur. If that is the case, then calling it a "re-roll" is pretty misleading, since that term refers back to the days of rpgs using dice. In other words, a chance to "roll" again for better loot, but not a guarantee of better loot.
    Well when I did bash with luck elixir I got a purple on reroll 90% of time and other 10% got greens so seems true

Engelhard lvl 85 Engelbird lvl 85 Engelbear lvl 85 Engelrhino lvl 85 Engelfox lvl 85 Drahlegne lvl 10 Engeltwink lvl 10 Kitco lvl 10 Engelone lvl 1. And 12 mystery toons <(^_^)>v

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Hmmm. If there's no chance involved, they should just call it a "loot upgrade" elixir or something then, instead of re-roll.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

@ englehard, don't feel bad about the lack of pinks. I did not get a single pink drop in fang between January and the week after my birthday in April. I also got only one pink in nuris, on my first day there. Not pink in nuris since. And I have kept going back because I'm always helping a guildie level out of there and still no drops

I will say that my luck seems to have changed in Humania. I got 2 level 70 pinks last week. Nothing since though.

I don't bother with the lucky lixir. I have my bigger luck antenna and leave it at that.
    IGN - LyrrLynn. Guild Master of Xplicit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I have no basis for this other than observation, but when the devs supposedly bumped the drop rate for Humania, I think it applied only to the plat map. The drop rate in the rest of the campaign seems the same still, if not lower even.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I've noticed in humania the drop rate is better. I haven't ran much of reg maps cause I've been doing bash but ike only come up with 4 pinks myself but I've seen plenty drop and my guild has gotten alot aswel. But 2 of them came from bash and the other 2 came from tiki god on map 5. So its hard to say if its better or not in just bash or bash and campaign.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I've gotten 3 pink drops, two were from Tiki God and one was from Big Kahuna.