Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drop Mechanics

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Whirlz you sure on that? Wouldn't that mean that if you used 100% luck elixir at nuris, if bosses dropped greens, you would 100% chance get pink?
    rhinomagic[/B]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Luck items (Bigger Luck, etc.) an dlUck Elixirs work this way, from what i understood:

100% re-roll means that each time you get a drop, the system re-rolls, then you get the better of the two items. You might roll two greens, and then you get a green.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Oh well.. I just got one spear of hamanina so far-_-

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    Ugh.
    There is NO currently confirmed-by-dev report of twinks having lower drop rates than normal levels.
    I and many others have tested and even SHOWN it, but it is still not confirmed and remains either a streak of luck or a streak of dryness.

There is nothing currently confirmed that affects drop rates besides Big Lucks, and the Luck Elixirs.
    Shamrock Ale Elixir gives you a 100% reroll chance.
    Means if you get a green, it will 100% reroll into a purple.
    Get a purple, it will 100% reroll into a pink.

I'm pretty sure they had an update that made this happen, but then I emailed devs saying elixir wasn't working right, I had 100% reroll, and they said if it rerolls to a lower rarity item, it will keep the original item. But isn't it supposed to always reroll for another item of the next rarity level?
    I think I missed out on a lot of pinks because of this.

Thing is, this only applies to loot received from Minibosses and Bosses.
    You won't get any rerolls from getting loot from normal mobs.

I don't think this is true, I've gotten many rerolls from mobs with Bigger Luck.

Glyph at Nuri's is already really rare and hard to obtain for level 60s.
    There is a huge theory that the drop rate is significantly lower at level 56.
    I have tested and shown the same idea of how level 21 pink loot is of higher rarity than level 25 pink loot at SSC.

Do purples drop easily in Humania without reroll?

P.S. I also marked parts in bold that I replied to in orange.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I got a purple without re-roll, and saw plenty others getting purples without re-rolls.
    No, I insist. Call me democrats.
    Cause this time, the auto correct did'nt work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric:695763
    Also, my personal experience seems to follow these rules as well. With the 3 previous campaigns, I was "late" getting to them. I was still finishing up the AO3 quests when I was lvl50, so I did not start the sewers until I was lvl52. I did not start Nuri until I was lvl58, and I did not start Fang until I was lvl61. The results are that I never got a single pink drop from any of those 3 campaigns. So at lvl63 I started Humania, and I've gotten 3 pink drops there so far. Again, this is a very small sample rate, but could indeed be the case that odds are slightly better when you are lower level. It does make sense that they could make the reward better for a more difficult fight.
    There is nothing that effects drop rate now or before. Developers have even said so themselfs(il find the quote). Its just your mind making you think so. Like how if you watch your sport team play they win. And when they win it reinforces the thought that watching them made them win. You got luck end of story. Il buy lottery ticket if I was you. The color of your enemies is just there treat level and only effects the drop level of items.
    Lv76 Full Dex Bird Supernamek, Lv76 Full Int Nuke Mage Supersongokou, Lv76 Tank Bear Darkpiccolo, Lv76 Tank Support Rhino Darknamek, Lv76 Full Dex DOT Fox Kakkorot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
    There is nothing that effects drop rate now or before. Developers have even said so themselfs(il find the quote). Its just your mind making you think so. Like how if you watch your sport team play they win. And when they win it reinforces the thought that watching them made them win. You got luck end of story. Il buy lottery ticket if I was you. The color of your enemies is just there treat level and only effects the drop level of items.
    Obviously one person is such a small sample rate, so I have no idea if its true or not. I read about it here though:

http://www.pocket-legends.com/npcs/c...my-health-bar/

This guy is saying the circle next to the health bar determines the drop rate. I have confirmed that the color of the circle does indeed correspond to your level compared to the enemy's level -- he is right about that part. I have a hard time believing the developers put lots of work into creating this colored circle that nobody notices for no reason at all. What do you think?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric:698480
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
    Obviously one person is such a small sample rate, so I have no idea if its true or not. I read about it here though:

This guy is saying the circle next to the health bar determines the drop rate. I have confirmed that the color of the circle does indeed correspond to your level compared to the enemy's level -- he is right about that part. I have a hard time believing the developers put lots of work into creating this colored circle that nobody notices for no reason at all. What do you think?
    Color determines the treat lv of enemies. The threat level of enemies determines boss threat. Boss threat lv determines the loot item lv. Thats it not if ands or buts.
    Lv76 Full Dex Bird Supernamek, Lv76 Full Int Nuke Mage Supersongokou, Lv76 Tank Bear Darkpiccolo, Lv76 Tank Support Rhino Darknamek, Lv76 Full Dex DOT Fox Kakkorot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    Luck items (Bigger Luck, etc.) an dlUck Elixirs work this way, from what i understood:

100% re-roll means that each time you get a drop, the system re-rolls, then you get the better of the two items. You might roll two greens, and then you get a green.
    Nope, that was the old luck booster. The new luck booster (which is in use now) will simply re-roll your item one rarity level higher. If you got a purple after re-roll, it means that if the luck booster didn't work, you would have gotten a green. The official announcement for this is at here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/entr...Enhancers-Work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

But purples dont drop in nuri, right?
    rhinomagic[/B]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post

So this means that a noob toon, if he took a 'Join any Game' elixir and wore a luck elixir, he would have pinks falling out of the sky?
    No, I insist. Call me democrats.
    Cause this time, the auto correct did'nt work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Wouldn't it be nice if the devs came out with a database with official drop rates of each item...I'm sure each item has a base rate. Though that would remove the mystery and fun behind it all...oh well...good thing I'm not a dev and just a gamer :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyshoota View Post
    Whirlz you sure on that? Wouldn't that mean that if you used 100% luck elixir at nuris, if bosses dropped greens, you would 100% chance get pink?
    No, because there were purples in Nuri's. Fang though....I never saw a purple in Fang, so I'm curious how the luck elixir worked there. Either they re-rolled into pinks, or people just weren't using luck elixirs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    No, because there were purples in Nuri's. Fang though....I never saw a purple in Fang, so I'm curious how the luck elixir worked there. Either they re-rolled into pinks, or people just weren't using luck elixirs.
    In Fang, at least for the main bosses, luck boosters don't work because it is impossible to obtain a purple for it to re-roll into a pink; you can still get the re-roll from orange to green, but not for a pink.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by demoncrate View Post
    So this means that a noob toon, if he took a 'Join any Game' elixir and wore a luck elixir, he would have pinks falling out of the sky?
    According to the chart in that link, the highest drop rate is for anyone 5 levels or more lower than the boss. So it would mean a lvl1 toon would have the same chance as a lvl65 toon against a lvl70 Humania boss. But once that lvl65 toon goes up to lvl66, his chances drop slightly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningspeed View Post
    In Fang, at least for the main bosses, luck boosters don't work because it is impossible to obtain a purple for it to re-roll into a pink; you can still get the re-roll from orange to green, but not for a pink.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought a "re-roll" is exactly that, a new roll to see what you can get. So why then does a orange have to re-roll into a green? Why can't an orange re-roll into a pink? Why the assumption that you can only get an item one notch higher on the re-roll?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought a "re-roll" is exactly that, a new roll to see what you can get. So why then does a orange have to re-roll into a green? Why can't an orange re-roll into a pink? Why the assumption that you can only get an item one notch higher on the re-roll?
    I assumed the same, not having ever used those elixirs, but apparently luck elixirs aren't an actual "re-roll." They just bump your loot up one level, orange to green, green to purple, etc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    I assumed the same, not having ever used those elixirs, but apparently luck elixirs aren't an actual "re-roll." They just bump your loot up one level, orange to green, green to purple, etc
    that's not what i understood. It's a re-roll for another item and IF it is better, you get it, if not, you keep the previous roll. The roll might be two items of the same color, or a worse item. I dont think there is ANY guarantee of a bump in color rating in drop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Color determines threat level. Threat level determines the amount of xp you get (e.g. - red = 2x xp). Threat level used to determine the level (not the quality) of the drop before drops scaled to the player's level instead of the group level (e.g. - you needed all 51-52s to farm 51s; if a 55 was in the group everyone would get a 55 drop; but even with all 51-52s you had to kill enough mobs to lower the threat level for a 51 to drop).

Threat level does not determine drop quality.
    PL -- Azifaiarah - Lvl 66 Mage; Ilikealot - Lvl 70 Bird; Wachuneed - Lvl 61 Bear
    AL -- BrokenCry - Lvl 25 Warrior; Zeezom - Lvl 20 Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherAzi View Post
    Color determines threat level. Threat level determines the amount of xp you get (e.g. - red = 2x xp). Threat level used to determine the level (not the quality) of the drop before drops scaled to the player's level instead of the group level (e.g. - you needed all 51-52s to farm 51s; if a 55 was in the group everyone would get a 55 drop; but even with all 51-52s you had to kill enough mobs to lower the threat level for a 51 to drop).

Threat level does not determine drop quality.
    I don't think this is true for the following reason... Last week I needed some gold in a hurry to buy an item, so I spent 2 hours farming Plasma Pyramid over and over. I must have done the whole dungeon about 50 times in several hours time. As is usual in AO2, I got a ton of pinks. And some of the pinks were level 43 and 41 items, although it was a very small percentage. BTW, I'm a lvl 66 bear. Furthermore, some of these lvl41 & 43 pinks were items that do indeed have a lvl 45 version as I saw when I was posting them in the CS and looking up prices. So what explains this??

Lastly, I've been farming Humania for the last 2 weeks just like everyone else. And I've gotten 3 pink drops and each of those times I was running with other players who were level 68 and higher. All 3 pinks (and every other non-pink item I have gotten from Humania) have been level 66 items. So your suggestion that all players would have to be level 66 & 67 to farm 66 items is not correct.