Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Childhood Cancer Awareness Event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheRajX View Post

Other than finding the above statement blatantly naive I 100% support this idea and would give up as much plat as it takes to help the cause on the contingency that it is spent for a research directed organization and some patient care.

~TheRajX

Oh?

He said there was a cure found, and I had stated about finding a cure. I states which cure I wanted to find, and I don't see that cure out here yet. Yet it was said that there was a cure already? Do you see that cure out here too? I sure don't.
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by javier995 View Post
    Oh?

He said there was a cure found, and I had stated about finding a cure. I states which cure I wanted to find, and I don't see that cure out here yet. Yet it was said that there was a cure already? Do you see that cure out here too? I sure don't.
    What I meant by naive was that you expected a cure to be an over the counter drug that you can get at a local pharmacy. Knowing how cancer forms and spreads, something of the sort cannot be eliminated with a magic pill. Even if you had stated "I don't see it in any pharmacies, do you?" as a metaphor, as in "Nah theres no cure yet," there are "cures" out there. Though they may not cure or mitigate the effects of every single cancer for every single individual, they exist as radiotherapies and nanotechnologies.

So in short "Do I see that cure out here?" I sure do...

~TheRajX

PS: I agree flashbackflip was being a pessimist; funds that go to cancer institutes eventually turn up better cancer mitigation treatments.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TheRajX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I've already sent a PM to Gibber with an attachment of a link to this thread. I think he would take a look at it soon.
    PL-ebeleran(mage)
    SL-ebeleran(engineer)
    DL-ebeleran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I too said something like this once but about during event sts could donate money to those kids who their parents can't afford presents

"There's more than meets the Eye"
    Star Legends: Zraorizer/TheHelper/TheHelperJr
    Dark Legends: Dragon
    Pocket Legends: Zraorizer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I love this idea! It's greaaat!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Even if there "IS" a cure for cancer, I doubt it's cheap. Maybe this can help fund families that can't afford cancer treatments and other stuff. I agree 100% nonetheless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

What I meant by naive was that you expected a cure to be an over the counter drug that you can get at a local pharmacy. Knowing how cancer forms and spreads, something of the sort cannot be eliminated with a magic pill. Even if you had stated "I don't see it in any pharmacies, do you?" as a metaphor, as in "Nah theres no cure yet," there are "cures" out there. Though they may not cure or mitigate the effects of every single cancer for every single individual, they exist as radiotherapies and nanotechnologies.

Maybe you should do more research on cancer

There is a study that's going on to make a little pill that'll cure it, so before you say it's not possible think again. Sure they may have tester it on lab mice, and sure mice differ a lot from humans, but there was a break through. Now if they could remove these cancerous tumors on mice with a little pill, they could do it on humans as well.

Then again, it's just the cancerous tumors and not all types right? That's why I have a dream to make this type "magic" pill. I mean, I never heard of it being naive to have dreams and goals for yourself.

Now, once I go into the research more in depth myself as I pursue the career, I will do all I can to find this over the counter drug. Like you stated tho, we can't do that tho huh?:/ Oh well too bad, I wonder what we won't be able to do in 10 years, I wonder if we still won't be able to make this pill. Maybe even 20years it still won't be possible.

New technology means new forms to treat things and make things, maybe the new technology we would have would make this "magic" pill. Heck, they use to say the earth was flat and then they proved it to be wrong. Same concept here, you say one thing and we can also prove you wrong.

Let me explain what I mean by what I want to find.

A cure that can negate any effect in the body that had anything to do with cancer. Therefore it can give you the same results as the "cures" tower have at the moment, without any of the side effects. This little pill will be sold over the counter for easy access for those who don't have health care and can't afford expensive therapy. You can just buy this pill like you would a medicine for your common cold. Not everyone can afford these treatments, and making it into a pill or whatever type of medicine you can get in a pharmacy would help a lot of families. That's what I want to do, help those who can't afford all the treatments.

But hey! That's just my dream that I have and wish to accomplish, but you're right I'm just naive Bc I would never be able to accomplish something like that. Oh yes, I should change my goal to maybe idk "I shall help the cancer research in any way I can!" Does that seem more real for you?

Also, don't give me your little links to things you find on Google. If I needed to look something to do with cancer (i.e. research, possible cures, etc), I'd do it myself.

And lastly,

If you don't have any experience with any sort of cancer research, please refrain from typing that any type of cure (like a pill) isn't possible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Hi javier,

Though you may think that your stipulation on the fragments of reasearch on the web of this pill for cancer (such as the various rare skin cancers out there) has totally disproven my side of the argument, the reality is you've ventured off point, and before I show you how, that let me say that the cancers that pills today that can "cure" , cure cancers that are already curable and rare and work very differently from the common deadly cancers that we hear about.

I'm not debating with you on the existence of pills that can cure a cancer that 100 people out of the world have, rather, I'm pointing out that a pharmacy drug is not the solve-all solution to cancer. The reason I'm calling you naive is because there are many other solutions like therapies that would mitigate effects of cancer much better and more efficiently than a supposed otc drug. I realize that your plan is to lower costs and make a treatment accessible quick but read on.

Also when you say "sure" this and "sure" that you are treating these obstacles as little trivial matters, when in fact they are major time-burning things. Say you create that pill in 5 years when the disease is still ravaging. Have you considered the side effects? Have you considered birth deficiencies? Have you considered compatibility? How about if it is significant to the majority? No. I understand this a dream, and not only your dream, but my dream, my sisters dream, my fathers dream, "Heck" everyones dream. But i disagree when you consider a dream and goal the same thing. Goals need to be more exact and pragmatic. Sure a magic pill is possible. But would it be a goal if you didnt know whether this would be accomplished in your lifetime or not? Nope..

When I mentioned "cannot" as in you can't make a magic pill, I truly meant you can .. but eventually. Dream Dream and Dream, but don't whip up a cliche "i want to find the cure to cancer" statement without truly understanding that there are cures, and pills in the far future (ones that can solve common cancers) will probably be as or even more expensive than therapy. Just to clarify, since you didnt put any details at all on your plan of how, in my eyes, its just a dream. But don't get me wrong, dreams are good things.. just apply that into a specific goal.

Pursue politics if you want fast solutions to some lower prices on medicine.
    Otherwise go into medicine and then debate like I have.

~TheRajX
    Last edited by TheRajX; 07-08-2012 at 04:51 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Hi javier,

Though you may think that your stipulation on the fragments of reasearch on the web of this pill for cancer (such as the various rare skin cancers out there) has totally disproven my side of the argument, the reality is you've ventured off point, and before I show you how, that let me say that the cancers that pills today that can "cure" , cure cancers that are already curable and rare and work very differently from the common deadly cancers that we hear about.

I'm not debating with you on the existence of pills that can cure a cancer that 100 people out of the world have, rather, I'm pointing out that a pharmacy drug is not the solve-all solution to cancer. The reason I'm calling you naive is because there are many other solutions like therapies that would mitigate effects of cancer much better and more efficiently than a supposed otc drug. I realize that your plan is to lower costs and make a treatment accessible quick but read on.

Also when you say "sure" this and "sure" that you are treating these obstacles as little trivial matters, when in fact they are major time-burning things. Say you create that pill in 5 years when the disease is still ravaging. Have you considered the side effects? Have you considered birth deficiencies? Have you considered compatibility? How about if it is significant to the majority? No. I understand this a dream, and not only your dream, but my dream, my sisters dream, my fathers dream, "Heck" everyones dream. But i disagree when you consider a dream and goal the same thing. Goals need to be more exact and pragmatic. Sure a magic pill is possible. But would it be a goal if you didnt know whether this would be accomplished in your lifetime or not? Nope..

When I mentioned "cannot" as in you can't make a magic pill, I truly meant you can .. but eventually. Dream Dream and Dream, but don't whip up a cliche "i want to find the cure to cancer" statement without truly understanding that there are cures, and pills in the far future (ones that can solve common cancers) will probably be as or even more expensive than therapy. Just to clarify, since you didnt put any details at all on your plan of how, in my eyes, its just a dream. But don't get me wrong, dreams are good things.. just apply that into a specific goal.

Pursue politics if you want fast solutions to some lower prices on medicine.
    Otherwise go into medicine and then debate like I have.

Mkay, my turn to sound all smarty pants and what not yea?

Let me explain something first.

I didn't state that my research comes from the Internet alone. Yes I have done around 3 years of research or so now. I've visited many doctors and sat down to talk them about this. I've talked to many researchers as well. I've visited universities who do research on cures, and spoke to many of those students partaking in said research.

Yes I understand there are many treatable cancers through therapy and surgery (for cancerous tumors), I do not base my studies on those. As there are other doctors that have made the cure.

I also did not say this pill can solve all cancers. Let me explain to you since you do not get what is implied.

One pill curing all cancers would be amazing, it can't be done with our technology at this moment though. I get that, but that's what my dream is. To have this one pill that just does it all. Stupid eh? I don't really care. Since I will be following this career I will help make many more cures for many different cancers. While doing so, I'll be researching on how to make them all into one little "pill".

How sure are you I won't consider those things? Things need to be considered before something is brought out to the public. This is why testing is done in a lab, that's what lab mice are usually used for. Thats what research labs were made for.

This is my dream, as you said yourself. Part of my dream is to accomplish this in my lifetime. My goal is to accomplish it in my lifetime, and I might not achieve my goal. It's a goal nonetheless.

Like I said, I might not accomplish this but I will help the research. That's why it's a dream. I know that it can be a long time before any of this is accomplished, but things happen and we might advance in technology quicker. That being possible, the cure I have in mind might happen in my lifetime. It might not as well, and there's a high probability of that.

The low price of this "pill" would be awesome, and I'd love to have it that way. Sadly, I don't decide the prices. I won't pursue a politic career, as I don't aim to lower medicine prices. Yes I'd love to have low medicine, but I'd rather make the medicine than chose the prices.

As a high school student, it's hard to go into medicine full time. I do this on my spare time, so I might not have as much experience as that of the one you implied. Although, I have done enough research to debate on a simple topic about a dream of a certain cure.

If you wish to continue this "debate" as you call it, send me a pm. I won't answer to anymore of this on this thread as it can lead to a flame war.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Hi,

Although I didn't get anything new out of this post, and although its still going off tangents to the original source of debate, I'd like to say keep dreaming; dreaming is good. Also not trying to put on the smarty pants attitude if you feel that way sorry; however instead of pulling up another comment we can stop. But to respond to your off tangent post - yes cancer research is going some where. lol.

~TheRajX
    Uni Med Student

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Hi,

Although I didn't get anything new out of this post, and although its still going off tangents to the original source of debate, I'd like to say keep dreaming; dreaming is good. Also not trying to put on the smarty pants attitude if you feel that way sorry; however instead of pulling up another comment we can stop. But to respond to your off tangent post - yes cancer research is going some where. lol.

~TheRajX
    Uni Med Student

Needs to go faster somewhere faster >_<

So Mr Dev (the one in charge of SL, your name escapes me), are we getting some sort of little event or vanity for this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    317 Posts

Cancer isn't the best thing to get a vanity for...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jblazer:703674
    Cancer isn't the best thing to get a vanity for...
    Then what is the best thing? I, for one, think it is a great idea. Pay money for the vanity and STS donate some % to charity. So back to my question, what is the best thing to donate money to?
    Kaytar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    317 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytar View Post
    Then what is the best thing? I, for one, think it is a great idea. Pay money for the vanity and STS donate some % to charity. So back to my question, what is the best thing to donate money to?
    Oh,nvm I was thinking about something else.Sorry about that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Childhood Cancer Awareness Event

I agree 1000% also they should make a monthlong only dungeon where u can get special gear but it costs a little to get in to the dungeon and those proceeds go to research also.

Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

If its a x5 attack vanity im buying it 100%.
    Too bad idk whether the devs are even going to host this event ingame or not.

Sent from my LT26a using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

You got my support, three people in mu life have been diagnosed with cancer, I hope a dev sees this!

Want a graphic? Click my sig pic!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thank you all for the feed back on this idea. If any of you have questions im on Star Legends a lot. My IGN is Unekii so Message me and i will explain more in detail on ideas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

lol there's no "cure" for cancer, it's just a treatment that helps you fight the cancer. IF they have something to cure cancer, I wouldn't be thinking about the people I love and miss who have died from cancer. And now my cousin who is only 5 years old is diagnosed with cancer.

I really hope STS looks into this cancer suggestion because it's a great idea. I'm 110% for this idea. I have some organization you can look into that's in need for donation. Just need to know if this idea is gonna really happen I'll give some links..

SL: Ark;Misfit;Sleepingpills;Hugster // DL: Ark // AL: Ark // PL: Ark
    [Retired Player]