Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Ban certain gear from twink pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Default Ban certain gear from twink pvp

Hey everyone,

Would you guys like to remove certain gear from pvp? like L25 elite weps,armos, & haunted weps from l20, that would bring back different builds instead of everyone using the same.

Friends and I want to revive l35 pvp but its hard since there is elite abusers.

Also removing haunted weps will add variety of builds, in the past you could use almost every weapon (talon, reaper,paw, rose wand, candle, fbow, hammer, snowball launcher, long etc) and be competitive.

Comment your thoughts so devs take this seriously,

Nae.

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,170 Posts

Some quick thoughts:

Obviously, the 'Honor' gear system is the alternative for players who want to compete strictly on skill.

The idea of having a banned gear list would probably need to apply to a specific dungeon; not specific levels.

An opposite idea with the same effect would be an "approved gear list" for a specific dungeon - works like Honor but it's just this specific set of stuff.

By saying these things I'm hoping to inform and encourage debate; please know that I'm not making any promises about what will or will not be considered (let alone added in the future).
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Some quick thoughts:

Obviously, the 'Honor' gear system is the alternative for players who want to compete strictly on skill.

The idea of having a banned gear list would probably need to apply to a specific dungeon; not specific levels.

An opposite idea with the same effect would be an "approved gear list" for a specific dungeon - works like Honor but it's just this specific set of stuff.

By saying these things I'm hoping to inform and encourage debate; please know that I'm not making any promises about what will or will not be considered (let alone added in the future).
    Cinco you don't need to remove these elite items / new halloween items. Just nerfing their stats in the no enchant maps will be far easier for your team and will be appreciated.

I believe the team has already coded removal of enchants. There is a base to work with already if I'm not mistaken.
    Last edited by Vapourised; 02-16-2022 at 11:34 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Vapourised For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Some quick thoughts:

First of all thanks for replying, maybe removing or hard nerfing from popular arenas (forest arena), no enchants or elite would def bring players to twink.

also nerfing haunted weps or removing from forest fight would be a nice idea, those weps kill all variety, also honor lack of variety of builds, thats why no one playing it on twink levels

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Naetheanimal For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Yeah it would be amazing to somehow manage to make l25 elites, Haunted items out of pvp. Would be nice if L10 Valentine Amulets and Rings got a bit nerfed, so they are not better than L75 ones. With classic amulets without enchants and classic rings could make pvp more fun at this level and we will surely see some new players getting in here, since the sets are not any hard to find or drop.

Much love!

Zaprodanej

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zaprodanej For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Naetheanimal View Post
    Hey everyone,

Would you guys like to remove certain gear from pvp? like L25 elite weps,armos, & haunted weps from l20, that would bring back different builds instead of everyone using the same.

Friends and I want to revive l35 pvp but its hard since there is elite abusers.

Also removing haunted weps will add variety of builds, in the past you could use almost every weapon (talon, reaper,paw, rose wand, candle, fbow, hammer, snowball launcher, long etc) and be competitive.

Comment your thoughts so devs take this seriously,

Nae.
    Also qtrs and valentine sets

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Some quick thoughts:

Haunted weapons
    valentine sets
    Stat guns like qtr and the 100 version
    L25 elites
    110 mythic and arcane sets
    Would be nice to see these banned or nerfed to 0 in forest fight and rockwall forts

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to holdmytalons For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by holdmytalons View Post
    Also qtrs and valentine sets
    oh yeh forgot to mention qtr and elite valentine sets, str valentine is so unbalanced

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Naetheanimal For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Some quick thoughts:

You don't have to remove them. Just nerf them so that they closely resemble what would have be found in their respective zones.

Here is a start. Level 20 haunted weapons you could remove the Armor stats from each 3 weapons. Nerf the sword and staffs damage by 10, now they resemble what would normally be found in 20.

25 elites shouldn't gain their full damage value unless in towns or dungeons, similar to valentine sets. Zoinks Blaster can have 75 damage maximum with no armor stats. Whomp Plasma longsword Sword can have 167 damage maximum with 6 armor stats. Kabam Psyber Staff can have 108 maximum damage with no armor stats. Zoinks Laser Talon can have 42 damage maximum with 2 armor stats. Kabam Laser Wand can have 66 maximum damage with the same stats. Wham psyborg sword can be left alone as it's perfect where it's at.

Level 50 QTR is really what needs to be blacklisted from PvP Arenas. That item is too difficult to manage.

Level 50 Haunted should lose their armor stats.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MageFFA For This Useful Post: