Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Set bonuses on Islander's/Sun god's/of Humanity!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Techno Email View Post
    I really appreciate how badly you guys want this stuff out. The reason I don't give you guys exact dates, or promise the soonest possible date is because we're doing some very complicated stuff behind the scenes. We have recently integrated some powerful new technology that allows us to do some really exciting stuff. There is always a chance for things to get delayed, especially when you're making something that has never been done before. We need the ability to hold content back in order to maintain the quality that you guys expect and deserve. I just wanted to give you a little insight into that aspect of how we operate because I understand where you're coming from. I hope that info helps.
    I don't think he speaks for us Techno, I can see people are very much willing to wait for this. In fact, many people are still too busy grinding and farming to even think about the next update on item sets. I'm one of those, please take your time (not too long though LOL), sweep us off our feet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amilys View Post

Techno Mail has said that he is working on adding set effects on the sets i mentioned on the title. He said he is going to release a video clip before the update. He's working with SAMHAYNE previously. He said update is coming this or next week, so get prepared!

Ps. Im worried if the items go up very much.
    Hi guys,

I have an update on the item sets! We're going to have dps AND tank item set bonuses for the legendary, dropped gear in Humania. Certain weapon types will go with different types of item sets. If a 2-handed item is worn with a particular type of helm and armor piece, the wearer will earn a dps item set bonus. Likewise, if a mainhand and offhand item are be worn with a particular type of helm and armor piece, the wearer will earn a tank item set bonus. I don't want to spell everything out on the forums because I'd like you to have fun together discovering the different set combinations when they are released!!

Several concerns that have been raised regarding gear stat's becoming too high. Different players will have different opinions regarding difficulty balance. In order to make Pocket Legends the best game it can be, we need to continually challenge our most dedicated, high-end players. The item sets, crafted gear and crafted gear item sets (yes, I said crafted gear item sets TOO) will increase players' stat's and offer visual variants within the existing Humania legendary gear theme. Expect a few changes to difficulty in the near future. More specifically, expect the boss difficulty in Humania to be increased with the release of item sets, crafted gear, and crafted gear item sets. We will also be releasing three PLAYER DESIGNED WEAPONS from our pre-Humania release contest!!! These will be crafted items, and they will each belong to a crafted gear set.

We do not have a specific release date yet for any of the aforementioned updates. But ALAS - I fear I've already said too much! Get ready to gear up Adventurers!!!!

ZOMG EPIC! /myweaponidrewissoontobeinaset!

"...And may the odds be ever in your favor." ~Effie Trinket

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

I'll start to laugh when the same thing with Nuri's Hallows happens to these pinks.

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #24
    Developer - Inactive Techno Email's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Windwaiker View Post
    Aw, I quite liked the easy bosses haha. Tiki god one hit KO's me
    Yikes! Sounds like a job for a great group! If you join up with other players of different classes, your survivability should definitely increase. Forgive me if you already know this stuff - but class roles can be a life saver! Bears have a special ability to draw aggro, so that enchantresses can hang back and heal, while archers hang back dropping DPS. The game takes on a whole different form when you can find a group that uses these class role mechanics.

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #25
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LwMark View Post
    R u sayin humanian and of humanity is guna b sets?
    Yes!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Yikes! Sounds like a job for a great group! If you join up with other players of different classes, your survivability should definitely increase. Forgive me if you already know this stuff - but class roles can be a life saver! Bears have a special ability to draw aggro, so that enchantresses can hang back and heal, while archers hang back dropping DPS. The game takes on a whole different form when you can find a group that uses these class role mechanics.
    Hehe thanks for the tips, but I discovered how to kite him if the bear fails to keep aggro If tiki ever gets a long ranged AOE attack, give us the shrine of Olmec or somthing to cower behind, lol!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Wow Techno, you guys outdid yourselves!

Thanks for all you and the developers put into the game to make cool new things for the game.

I know a little of how games like these work so I can really appreciate the updates knowing what was put in to it. After all like Samhayne said in a different thread "Making new items in the game isn't just a wave of a magic wand".

Thanks for all you guys do, and great job on these updates!!!!
    Last edited by Griffinfan; 07-03-2012 at 02:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Yes thank you for the feedback Techno, much appreciated!

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

I did not say that the current pinks will not be used for crafting, in fact - quite the opposite! Not ALL legendary items will be used in crafting, but... if I had a level 70 beach bum bow, I might hold on to it just in case it's needed for crafting. In fact, there is a chance for any legendary level 70 item to be used in crafting. You'll just have to find out when it's release! Sometimes surprises can be fun. Isn't a movie more fun to watch when you don't already know the ending?
    Sweet! Time to farm farm farm. So i dont have to be a noob because greedy people in cs

Sent using spray paint from a "can"

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LwMark View Post
    R u sayin humanian and of humanity is guna b sets?
    Yes!
    WIN!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amilys View Post

Techno Mail has said that he is working on adding set effects on the sets i mentioned on the title. He said he is going to release a video clip before the update. He's working with SAMHAYNE previously. He said update is coming this or next week, so get prepared!

Ps. Im worried if the items go up very much.
    Lol, I bet thats his first post.
    Elixirgod - Proud Master of Alterra Gods! Elixirmini - Level 10 bird twink.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Yes!

Techno Email, do you mean there would be two sets for each class!!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jsaieagle View Post
    Techno Email, do you mean there would be two sets for each class!!?
    If humanity and humanian are going to be sets, I think it's pretty safe to assume that it will be true for the other two sets too

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

I'm so excited to see how this all plays out ;-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Default Set bonuses on Islander's/Sun god's/of Humanity!

Wait so humanian set has bonus?! Like sparkles or flames!! Better get your sets fast bc they are garbage no more after the update! :excited:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Now's the time to buy up all those cheap pinks that sellers lowered the prices on because they weren't "set items"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Now's the time to buy up all those cheap pinks that sellers lowered the prices on because they weren't "set items"

shhhhhhhh ha ha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

hmmm thats why im NOT gonna buy any pink item in CS before crafting isn't released...i'm pretty sure that the islanders are going to be crafted, but wasting money on it is too early if i don't have the proof on it..

19.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #39
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quick update for y'all:

All legendary Humania items will belong to item sets. Sun God's, Humanian's, and Islander's armor and helms can be combined with a matching mainhand and offhand weapon for a tanking set bonus. Of tiki, Hula Dancer's and of Humanity gear can be combined with a two handed weapon for a damage set bonus.

NOTE: Dual spears will count for the archer's tanking set bonus, not the damage set bonus.

There will be tank and damage set bonuses for crafted items. They will be different from the legendary drop set bonuses because there will not be a crafted version of every legendary Humania drop.

What does this mean to you? The same crafted helm and armor can be used for a tanking set or a damage set. Your crafted weapon will determine which set bonus you get. Two handed weapons count towards damage set bonuses (with the exception of dual spears, see above note). A main and offhand weapon (or dual spears) count towards tanking set bonuses.

Which legendary weapons will we be required for crafting? That is my little secret... for now...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Which legendary weapons will we be required for crafting? That is my little secret... for now...
    Ooo. Interesting set up though.