Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Set bonuses on Islander's/Sun god's/of Humanity!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Set bonuses on Islander's/Sun god's/of Humanity!

Techno Mail has said that he is working on adding set effects on the sets i mentioned on the title. He said he is going to release a video clip before the update. He's working with SAMHAYNE previously. He said update is coming this or next week, so get prepared!

Ps. Im worried if the items go up very much.

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Developer - Inactive Techno Email's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amilys View Post

Techno Mail has said that he is working on adding set effects on the sets i mentioned on the title. He said he is going to release a video clip before the update. He's working with SAMHAYNE previously. He said update is coming this or next week, so get prepared!

Ps. Im worried if the items go up very much.
    Hi guys,

I have an update on the item sets! We're going to have dps AND tank item set bonuses for the legendary, dropped gear in Humania. Certain weapon types will go with different types of item sets. If a 2-handed item is worn with a particular type of helm and armor piece, the wearer will earn a dps item set bonus. Likewise, if a mainhand and offhand item are be worn with a particular type of helm and armor piece, the wearer will earn a tank item set bonus. I don't want to spell everything out on the forums because I'd like you to have fun together discovering the different set combinations when they are released!!

Several concerns that have been raised regarding gear stat's becoming too high. Different players will have different opinions regarding difficulty balance. In order to make Pocket Legends the best game it can be, we need to continually challenge our most dedicated, high-end players. The item sets, crafted gear and crafted gear item sets (yes, I said crafted gear item sets TOO) will increase players' stat's and offer visual variants within the existing Humania legendary gear theme. Expect a few changes to difficulty in the near future. More specifically, expect the boss difficulty in Humania to be increased with the release of item sets, crafted gear, and crafted gear item sets. We will also be releasing three PLAYER DESIGNED WEAPONS from our pre-Humania release contest!!! These will be crafted items, and they will each belong to a crafted gear set.

We do not have a specific release date yet for any of the aforementioned updates. But ALAS - I fear I've already said too much! Get ready to gear up Adventurers!!!!

3. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Techno Email For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Sets? Awesome. Use of emotes? Awesome.

Proud Member of Eclipse
    PL: Rocshana[main, lvl 75]
    AL: Roc [warrior] with my trusty puppy Crescent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

Default Set bonuses on Islander's/Sun god's/of Humanity!

Lol Technoemail uses a lot of emotes
    Awesome update thanks techoemail!

P.s.Welcome to forum Amilys lol but you can quote people you dont have to take a screenshot & cut it. So much easier
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Urqui; 07-02-2012 at 06:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Techno Email View Post
    More specifically, expect the boss difficulty in Humania to be increased with the release of item sets, crafted gear, and crafted gear item sets.
    Aw, I quite liked the easy bosses haha. Tiki god one hit KO's me

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

nice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

Amen hallejuah!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

R u sayin humanian and of humanity is guna b sets?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Hi guys,

I have an update on the item sets! We're going to have dps AND tank item set bonuses for the legendary, dropped gear in Humania. Certain weapon types will go with different types of item sets. If a 2-handed item is worn with a particular type of helm and armor piece, the wearer will earn a dps item set bonus. Likewise, if a mainhand and offhand item are be worn with a particular type of helm and armor piece, the wearer will earn a tank item set bonus. I don't want to spell everything out on the forums because I'd like you to have fun together discovering the different set combinations when they are released!!

Several concerns that have been raised regarding gear stat's becoming too high. Different players will have different opinions regarding difficulty balance. In order to make Pocket Legends the best game it can be, we need to continually challenge our most dedicated, high-end players. The item sets, crafted gear and crafted gear item sets (yes, I said crafted gear item sets TOO) will increase players' stat's and offer visual variants within the existing Humania legendary gear theme. Expect a few changes to difficulty in the near future. More specifically, expect the boss difficulty in Humania to be increased with the release of item sets, crafted gear, and crafted gear item sets. We will also be releasing three PLAYER DESIGNED WEAPONS from our pre-Humania release contest!!! These will be crafted items, and they will each belong to a crafted gear set.

We do not have a specific release date yet for any of the aforementioned updates. But ALAS - I fear I've already said too much! Get ready to gear up Adventurers!!!!
    Yay, that helps a lot.
    Now I can actually kill them wand mages with a nuke staff set.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Bosses getting harder...time to farm for sun god gear NOW...
    PL:Xxkoopyxx~Xpertfarmer~Avianftw~Ithepvptwink~ Expertfarmer~Gratuity~Theaviantwink~Bearocalypsed~ Tehmagetwink~Tehbeartwink~Koopymerch+more AL:Thepvptwink~Xxkoopyxx~Ithepvptwink SL: Thepvptwink DL: Thepvptwink

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

Yay! Crafted sets! And the contest weps!
    Jcyee: 76 PL Bear | 41 AL Warrior | 36 DL Vampire

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Hi guys,

Ok first ty techno for the info. Ok all sounds good that finally dev lets us pick what type player we want to be. So most pvpers will love the new strategy set up . So each specific sets will determine your playing style, that will put pl over the top with chess like methods of game play. only bad thing is this WHY MAKE US WAIT LONGER... I have 3 set and still no bonus atleast give us some kind of set bonus rather making everybody wait another week or two. Seem like we just farming for nothing, and
    Pvping isnt fun until you understand your gears bonus. Not to rush but i hope we can get some kind of bonus within this week rather you say underdetermine date :/.. Pvpers get bored easy we need set to help us kill time...
    Last edited by TruePlayer; 07-03-2012 at 01:03 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TruePlayer View Post
    Ok first ty techno for the info. Ok all sounds good that finally dev lets us pick what type player we want to be. So most pvpers will love the new strategy set up . So each specific sets will determine your playing style, that will put pl over the top with chess like methods of game play. only bad thing is this WHY MAKE US WAIT LONGER... I have 3 set and still no bonus atleast give us some kind of set bonus rather making everybody wait another week or two. Seem like we just farming for nothing, and
    Pvping isnt fun until you understand your gears bonus. Not to rush but i hope we can get some kind of bonus within this week rather you say underdetermine date :/..
    You can't rush perfection.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I'm so excited for this!!! I hope you don't hold it back too long Techno, I believe one of the reasons why a lot of players haven't been that forgiving to the birth pains of this particular expansion was because of the long wait, had it been a month or two earlier, I think players would have been more "nice" with their feedback. Just on the idea itself, I think we're in for a new experience, PL 2.0 baby! Can't wait!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Pvping isnt fun until you understand your gears bonus. Not to rush but i hope we can get some kind of bonus within this week rather you say underdetermine date :/.. Pvpers get bored easy we need set to help us kill time...
    lol I told you not to waste your money buying 3m bow. Just joking IK ur so rich that you can manipulate cs price lol.

I really knew that current humania items would not be craftable for example look at the sun god bow, good states and range but just looks recycled, and obviously contest winners items had to come.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by legendfb View Post
    lol I told you not to waste your money buying 3m bow. Just joking IK ur so rich that you can manipulate cs price lol.

I really knew that current humania items would not be craftable for example look at the sun god bow, good states and range but just looks recycled, and obviously contest winners items had to come.
    And who said the current pinks won't be craftable?

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #17
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

I really appreciate how badly you guys want this stuff out. The reason I don't give you guys exact dates, or promise the soonest possible date is because we're doing some very complicated stuff behind the scenes. We have recently integrated some powerful new technology that allows us to do some really exciting stuff. There is always a chance for things to get delayed, especially when you're making something that has never been done before. We need the ability to hold content back in order to maintain the quality that you guys expect and deserve. I just wanted to give you a little insight into that aspect of how we operate because I understand where you're coming from. I hope that info helps.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by legendfb View Post

He is saying the current pinks will be turned into the contest winner items, ie, CRAFTABLE

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

20.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #19
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    And who said the current pinks won't be craftable?
    I did not say that the current pinks will not be used for crafting, in fact - quite the opposite! Not ALL legendary items will be used in crafting, but... if I had a level 70 beach bum bow, I might hold on to it just in case it's needed for crafting. In fact, there is a chance for any legendary level 70 item to be used in crafting. You'll just have to find out when it's release! Sometimes surprises can be fun. Isn't a movie more fun to watch when you don't already know the ending?

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

I did not say that the current pinks will not be used for crafting, in fact - quite the opposite! Not ALL legendary items will be used in crafting, but... if I had a level 70 beach bum bow, I might hold on to it just in case it's needed for crafting. In fact, there is a chance for any legendary level 70 item to be used in crafting. You'll just have to find out when it's release! Sometimes surprises can be fun. Isn't a movie more fun to watch when you don't already know the ending?

Thank you for making me feel better about holding on to at least one of every lvl 70 pink item (except for mage gear... who plays with them??)
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr