Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: "Mini Mods Required"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Default "Mini Mods Required"

Thank you for the events Dear devs. We don't have enough words to express our gratitude towards the hardwork you have done.So once again, thank you very much on behalf of everyone present in the community.

It's time I want to keep an important fact in front of you. From a few days, I have been getting player requests about various Trolls and Abuse. There are certain times when we report email about issues and they are heard but often it keeps continuing and people have guts to continue it.

When the Filter Chat system and Ignore Button system doesn't work to stop the toxicity of chat, we can involve Mini Mods in the game itself. Because, people can troll in many different ways so the Filter is not that effective in stopping the misbehaviour. Ignore button works and the trollers keep coming through various guest login accounts to disturb an individual's experience.

In order to control the rising situation, we along with a few players have thought about MINI MOD system that already exists on a few games. We started a Vote System where various players voted, and we got around 53 VOTES - Yes, 25 VOTES - No.

Coming to the Plan of MINI MOD -
    1)We have decided that Mini Mod will be a Player of DL or a Foreign person outside game.
    2)The Mini Mod can be a Beta version user of the app or any person selected by the Devs.
    3)Mini Mod will stand continuously at a spot, and continuously operate.
    3)Mini Mod can operate the public chat continuously going in Old Town or Club Sanc or Blood Forge or Club Street, etc.
    5)Mini Mods will be divided into Dayshift and Nightshift.
    6)Mini Mod can keep changing everyday according to the needs of the plan.

Now the Powers of MINI MOD -
    1)Mini Mods can give warnings due to their surveillance - "Please be nice to other players".
    2)After 3 warnings, The Mini Mod will send Proof to Main devs before their Action, so the power cannot be Misused.
    3)Action includes --- Temporary Mutes or Temporary Kick from Server.
    This action gets refreshed after a day.
    4) It's like a temporary person working under the main devs.

Many votes in favour and Many votes in against. Some people want help regarding this issue and some want to continue the same due to independence of speech.
    Players are different so their thoughts and experiences are different.

Now it's your choice totally if you want to implement any further plans regarding the issue. Thank you for your time.

Devs, let me know your thoughts about the same. This can reduce the cost of management of chats. And create a new hierarchy. And players won't demand salary for the same. It's our game and we will do our best in the betterment of it.
    Lots of love.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

It is best just to ignore or report and contact support. Trolls are annoying but usually if you just ignore they will get bored and move on. I don’t think there is a need to make a simple solution complicated.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Playerzero For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Nah we don't need mods. People are just gonna abuse authority to feel like they're superior to others. I especially expect this type of behavior from the type of people that volunteer to be mods. Censorship is cancer.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HeWhoFarmsYou For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Sai View Post
    Thank you for the events Dear devs. We don't have enough words to express our gratitude towards the hardwork you have done.So once again, thank you very much on behalf of everyone present in the community.

It's time I want to keep an important fact in front of you. From a few days, I have been getting player requests about various Trolls and Abuse. There are certain times when we report email about issues and they are heard but often it keeps continuing and people have guts to continue it.

When the Filter Chat system and Ignore Button system doesn't work to stop the toxicity of chat, we can involve Mini Mods in the game itself. Because, people can troll in many different ways so the Filter is not that effective in stopping the misbehaviour. Ignore button works and the trollers keep coming through various guest login accounts to disturb an individual's experience.

In order to control the rising situation, we along with a few players have thought about MINI MOD system that already exists on a few games. We started a Vote System where various players voted, and we got around 53 VOTES - Yes, 25 VOTES - No.

Coming to the Plan of MINI MOD -
    1)We have decided that Mini Mod will be a Player of DL or a Foreign person outside game.
    2)The Mini Mod can be a Beta version user of the app or any person selected by the Devs.
    3)Mini Mod will stand continuously at a spot, and continuously operate.
    3)Mini Mod can operate the public chat continuously going in Old Town or Club Sanc or Blood Forge or Club Street, etc.
    5)Mini Mods will be divided into Dayshift and Nightshift.
    6)Mini Mod can keep changing everyday according to the needs of the plan.

Now the Powers of MINI MOD -
    1)Mini Mods can give warnings due to their surveillance - "Please be nice to other players".
    2)After 3 warnings, The Mini Mod will send Proof to Main devs before their Action, so the power cannot be Misused.
    3)Action includes --- Temporary Mutes or Temporary Kick from Server.
    This action gets refreshed after a day.
    4) It's like a temporary person working under the main devs.

Many votes in favour and Many votes in against. Some people want help regarding this issue and some want to continue the same due to independence of speech.
    Players are different so their thoughts and experiences are different.

Now it's your choice totally if you want to implement any further plans regarding the issue. Thank you for your time.

Devs, let me know your thoughts about the same. This can reduce the cost of management of chats. And create a new hierarchy. And players won't demand salary for the same. It's our game and we will do our best in the betterment of it.
    Lots of love.
    I'll be honest I only read the last two replies and I believe you have a problem with "trolls". Putting someone on ignore is extremely powerful and I think you just haven't tried it yet. Stop taking the game too seriously. People on this forum love to come up with useless ideas along with 500 words essays, I'm over it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Imagine a mobile rpg game with mini mods.. where did you get the idea from? Minecraft online? Jesus christ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Playerzero View Post
    It is best just to ignore or report and contact support. Trolls are annoying but usually if you just ignore they will get bored and move on. I don’t think there is a need to make a simple solution complicated.
    Thank you for the response. Yes it's complicated but highly effective if it's implemented out there. It's something more systematic than ignore button, but I agree with you.
    ❤️ MR. SAI ❤️

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoFarmsYou View Post
    Nah we don't need mods. People are just gonna abuse authority to feel like they're superior to others. I especially expect this type of behavior from the type of people that volunteer to be mods. Censorship is cancer.
    Thank you for the response ! Yes it can be abused so I mentioned there about their powers so it won't be abused , also they can be chosen from the inner players or hired from the dev team itself.
    The second choice seems more appropriate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Squidgame View Post
    Imagine a mobile rpg game with mini mods.. where did you get the idea from? Minecraft online? Jesus christ
    Thank you for the response, yes this idea has been used in some games before and before coming to the forums, I have discussed it with old respected players of our game.
    It will be productive for players of the game if implemented wisely, I don't have personal opinions but I am putting a group opinion here in a detailed way. If you have no time to read it, I cannot help you dear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Thank you for the response, yes this idea has been used in some games before and before coming to the forums, I have discussed it with old respected players of our game.
    It will be productive for players of the game if implemented wisely, I don't have personal opinions but I am putting a group opinion here in a detailed way. If you have no time to read it, I cannot help you dear.
    The good old "i am not the only one" nice one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

The good old "i am not the only one" nice one
    You are not a reader, but you got a lot of free time type to dirt on threads. This is the forums, not your game where you are having fun trolling players, this ignore button is important to be used on you first.

13.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,150 Posts

Thanks for the suggestion - but it's not going to happen. I think it's a bad idea. I know this because I have done this sort of thing before and it's always a disaster.

Contrary to your assertions this kind of thing adds significantly to development costs (largely in the form of cleaning up the abuses of corrupt player moderators). By elevating players to special status you're creating an engine of corruption. It might not fail in the first day or the first week, but it's doomed to rot. The result leaves the community even more divided and bitter than before the system was implemented.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion - but it's not going to happen. I think it's a bad idea. I know this because I have done this sort of thing before and it's always a disaster.

Contrary to your assertions this kind of thing adds significantly to development costs (largely in the form of cleaning up the abuses of corrupt player moderators). By elevating players to special status you're creating an engine of corruption. It might not fail in the first day or the first week, but it's doomed to rot. The result leaves the community even more divided and bitter than before the system was implemented.
    This makes me happy to see a reply from you, I didn't know you had tested it before.
    Thank you so much for explaining about it, I see the cost part you mentioned and the harmful corruption part in long run.

I understand, I will share your message with everyone on the game thanks again !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

This makes me happy to see a reply from you, I didn't know you had tested it before.
    Thank you so much for explaining about it, I see the cost part you mentioned and the harmful corruption part in long run.

I understand, I will share your message with everyone on the game thanks again !
    Yeah let those 2 or 3 people that thought this is a good idea know please. "Everyone"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Yeah let those 2 or 3 people that thought this is a good idea know please. "Everyone"
    You are on my ignore list on game, so you wouldn't know when I talk with hundreds people either. So it's ok, don't cry about it here.
    ❤️ MR. SAI ❤️