Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: @ Devs: Spirit of the Deep gear, is it completely cancelled?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmaiden View Post
    There was only one major problem imo, way to grindy to level them. I have all 3 pieces, ran the maps til mind numb set in. Other gears came into play... then they were useless. Once read in chatbox a new set was coming, instead they raised the level cap of the set. I don’t think a new set is coming or will be of any use before being outclassed by other gears. Oh and gear snobbery will exclude you from partying if you use it.
    The helm and armor were useless from the beginning anyway and also the lvl50-60 grind for absolutely negligible stat buff lol... Devs having rough time making simple decisions

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Xyv.io For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

On 3/17/22 1:30pm Post # 4 in "Few ideas to make game more entertaining" Suggestion Thread Asommers replied this:
    Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    All great points and these are already on the list:
    • New equipment is coming w/ Elite Zodias.
    • Player-hand-holding and knowing what do to at all times is something we need to do to keep new players when we start advertising.
    • We've talked internally about skill revamp (w/ trees), may coincide w/ item above.
    • Lastly game rebalance is one of our major initiatives this quarter, also coincides w/ items above.

-ALS
    Now if Lvl 81 Arcane is planned for Post Elite Zodias Maps then the new equipment being added is most likely Spirit of The Deep Set. That's my theory cause there has been no other talks about New Equipment except Spirit of The Deep Set and Lvl 81 Arcane. And it would make sense to release the Spirit Of The Deep Set before Lvl 81 Arcane are released. Let's wait see what happens when Elite Zodias Maps are out 🙏
    Last edited by Fearrr; 03-19-2022 at 10:04 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

i made concept videos for spirit weapons. tbh i realized that both videos were bad takes so i unlisted them.

if you invest time into leveling items they should be powerful. but if the items are not powerful then what is the point of leveling them.

if the pull to spirit weapons was 100% chance to proc it still wouldn't be powerful. it just doesnt match the time invested

compare it to farming gold and buying a lvl 81 mythic item. you was better off investing time into farming gold for the mythic items.

spirit items need to be reworked and although people will disagree with this it actually has to be done.

but people will justify their time spent leveling the spirit items. this is why they remain untouched.

realistically the spirit items should be just as powerful as the mythic items if not more.

but thats just my take .

in the end spirit items dont actually have a place in the game. its either they're the best or they're not. if theyre not then why level them.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Potofgreed; 03-19-2022 at 11:51 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Potofgreed View Post
    i made concept videos for spirit weapons. tbh i realized that both videos were bad takes so i unlisted them.

if you invest time into leveling items they should be powerful. but if the items are not powerful then what is the point of leveling them.

if the pull to spirit weapons was 100% chance to proc it still wouldn't be powerful. it just doesnt match the time invested

compare it to farming gold and buying a lvl 81 mythic item. you was better off investing time into farming gold for the mythic items.

spirit items need to be reworked and although people will disagree with this it actually has to be done.

but people will justify their time spent leveling the spirit items. this is why they remain untouched.

realistically the spirit items should be just as powerful as the mythic items if not more.

but thats just my take .

in the end spirit items dont actually have a place in the game. its either they're the best or they're not. if theyre not then why level them.

True, since everyone can afford best in slot weapons by just gold farming for a week or 2 there is no reason to spend THOUSANDS of hours for such a weak weapon. We used to have good gear that also required a lot of time to craft (planar pendant, rendtail ring, himi set, glint set) and they were actually very strong at theyr respective expansion, however in current era its all about 1 taping mobs which means every other gear becomes completely useless. Its not that spirit weapons are bad, its just current weapons are way too strong. Mob pulling weapons like tb and spirit weapons used to be very important in mausoleum expansion.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Alkif For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Potofgreed View Post

but thats just my take .

I agree 100%. Especially with the time invested and being as powerful or more than Mythic Rarity. Spirit Weapons/Gear should be an alterantive for Free 2 Play player's who will not be able to afford 200m+ Arc Weapons and or Gear when they come out. Hopefully STS has learned from their past mistakes with Spirit Gear. Hopefully Spirit Of The Deep Set is done right, because this will definitely give me something to do and work on. I don't mind the grind of the XP as long as it is worth the time to do it.
    Last edited by Fearrr; 03-20-2022 at 01:50 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

I said this on another thread, a full set of Arcane gears is over kill. A couple of pieces peppered here n there. Otherwise all other sets become meaningless. I prefer options. I favor the Eggshell sets, I love the tiny aura. The set bonus is nice.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.