Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Lightbulb Unofficial List of Improvements for Engineer PvP

Dear Community,

With a scattered list of complaints on engineer pvp throughout the forum I thought it was time to make a clear list with community support on what exact improvements can be made to put the engi class in par with its siblings. There is a clear need for slight adjustments because of the sheer lack of engis (in the arena) let alone engis with kd above 1. There is also the need to suppress (no pun intended) the thought that running/kiting is cheating.

I will split the improvements into 3 classes. Major, Minor, and Special. Major improvements have the risk of making the engi class overpowered if applied, Minor improvements may not fully fulfill what engis need and special represents a possible skill that could be made to fit in the last space that balances everything on the contingency that the special skill that the coms and ops would receive are inferior to the engi's special.

The purpose of this is not to show off my own list but to include you guys so if you post please post an improvment and justify whether its major, minor or special if you can. Also if you disagree with any ideas please feel free to debate.

Thanks and hopefully STS reads this and responds. Sorry if I posted in the wrong section. I had Engi Class Discussion, Suggestions, and PvP to choose and I assumed most people read this subforum.

~TheRajX

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MAJOR

-Increase DOT range from 12m to 13-15m so that we can run before getting lurched or slowed.
    -Have the ability to Mez Break out of graviton slam or lurch like we can out of suppression.
    -Increase the threshold of Force shield from 75 max to....150 max.
    -Remove Force Shield Threshold and only rely on a timer.
    -Add mana regen to empathy.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MINOR

-Increase Heals from ~24/3sec to ~40/3sec (Note that heals are 90/3sec in PvE)
    -Increase Health and/or Mana regen by 1-2
    -Increase Debuff power of Decay to -100-120 range instead of -60
    -Decrease skill regen for suppression/force shield
    -Let suppression stop opponent from issuing damage. 6 sec of free time.
    SPECIAL

-Debuff Skill other than Decay.
    -Skill that allows engis to regain mana fast.
    -Skill that pushes.
    -Damage Amplify skill.
    -Add skill that leeches all hp from damage. or leeches mana, or half and half.
    Last edited by TheRajX; 07-24-2012 at 11:47 PM.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TheRajX For This Useful Post: