Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lets talk about merching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VeryRandomPlayer View Post
    To us non merchers i think we can all agree that merching has gone crazy. I'm selling an item that's always around 23m in the auction and I'm well aware that once i sell that item that I'm not going to get the auction price for it. But why do merchers find it necessary to lowball so bad, i literally got a 13m offer on it(Sold it for 17m).

I just want to see what the merchers have to say about this. I understand you're trying to make gold and that's every merchers intentions and I'm not knocking anyone for doing it but it's gotten worse from years ago.

Please keep this as a no drama thread, this is just a question that i want answered by the community.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
    Depends on the item being sold bro...if its hard to sell/ or has a fluctuating price, U'll get offers like that, which guarantees the merchant that he/she won't be making any loss on purchase. A good example is Auras...which heavily rely on demand. It is different from the items like Mythic 81 items which is easily circulated on the market.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VeryRandomPlayer View Post
    To us non merchers i think we can all agree that merching has gone crazy. I'm selling an item that's always around 23m in the auction and I'm well aware that once i sell that item that I'm not going to get the auction price for it. But why do merchers find it necessary to lowball so bad, i literally got a 13m offer on it(Sold it for 17m).

I just want to see what the merchers have to say about this. I understand you're trying to make gold and that's every merchers intentions and I'm not knocking anyone for doing it but it's gotten worse from years ago.

Please keep this as a no drama thread, this is just a question that i want answered by the community.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
    I think I misread xD...
    the simple solution is don't sell it for them low offers.
    Find a veteran merchant who'll give U better offers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AucResearcher View Post
    In my opinion you should find a good merchant....for the past few months i have been selling all my item prolly like 30-50 Vanity Set,Gear,Egg item to this one guy (total 100m-200m items was sold to this guy)....even tho he is a merchant but he never lowball and he actually pay pretty fair and can still make profit.....from that day until now he is the person i will confirmly pm everytime i need quick gold cuz he is the one and only merchant i know that have good attitude and never ever lowball...i dont wanna say ign but ty to the guy...he is an amazing merchant :>
    Yes! that guy is absolutely amazing! best guy in the game. Ive seen him even pay more for an item than its worth just to give to the poor! he is a modern day Robin Hood. lol. just joking with ya man. xD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chiiwawa View Post
    Yes! that guy is absolutely amazing! best guy in the game. Ive seen him even pay more for an item than its worth just to give to the poor! he is a modern day Robin Hood. lol. just joking with ya man. xD.
    XD but ngl he is the best....if you met him you will only sell your item to him :>

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Merchants are like hippies…don’t feed them.

I know this might blow your mind…but ALL those merchants, are generally the same person on a different account. They are all from one guild that is notoriously shady…

Sadly there are a few people who don’t really have an existing life outside of this game, so just be mindful of that.

And like said previously, never ever ever sell to a merchant. Use the consignment shop, it’s without a doubt the best place to earn gold through sales.

It still blows my mind that there are people out there spamming “buy merch, no hts items” in expedition camp and finding sellers…
    That basically translates to “give me free gold now”…

Pick your battles wisely you will never win with those people spamming in cities all day, so do your best to avoid them.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Another pro tip, ALWAYS add 25-30% to the merchants offer, then place in auction.

9 times out of 10, the lowballer will buy your item. Always makes me smile when I see that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
    Another pro tip, ALWAYS add 25-30% to the merchants offer, then place in auction.

9 times out of 10, the lowballer will buy your item. Always makes me smile when I see that
    Step 1. Get offered 30m for a 125m item, that I just recently had bought and this guy kept insisting to unequip it to sell it to him and that I won't get higher offers than 30m

Step 2. Add 25-30% of merchant's offers

Step 3. Put in auction

Step 4. ???

Step 5. Loss

Pro tip failed successfully

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spctmstds View Post
    Step 1. Get offered 30m for a 125m item, that I just recently had bought and this guy kept insisting to unequip it to sell it to him and that I won't get higher offers than 30m

Step 2. Add 25-30% of merchant's offers

Step 3. Put in auction

Step 4. ???

Step 5. Loss

Pro tip failed successfully

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk
    Ooooooooffffff that was a pro tips indeed ! We better check auc more often 👁👁

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

As someone who has made billions in gold merching all I can say is suck it up and keep playing ur game man, that’s honestly never gonna change the economy inflates all the time and people get salty about it since some of them merch aswell and did not catch the items before the inflation so they lowball to “try” and keep the items cheap for a little longer. Lol u gotta think outside the box and predict things correctly honestly. Invest and go with ur gut feeling because there is honestly alot of terrible advice out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

just decline lowball easy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Merchers are so annoying lmao