Thread: Another question from a noob - lvling from 60 to endgame

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Default Another question from a noob - lvling from 60 to endgame

Hi all,

Just need a pointer in the right direction! I've been told by a very good friend of mine that the best way is to basically just do daily quests and make sure to wear xp pets, gear, elixers before turning them all in.

1) How long would this method take with 35% XP boost? (Abaddon and 25% XP elixir)

2) Is abaddon decent or should I save up to buy tadph from auction (can't remember pet name exactly but it's a mythic pet giving 20% xp boost so double that of abaddon) ?

3) Is there a specific gear I should aim for to at least to participate in events once capped? Do I necessarily need to be capped to run events?

4) Any good guilds out there that gives advice to noobs like me?

5) How would I build myself up without merching?

P.S: I'm starting completely from scratch. I tried AL in 2014 and again a few times after that but could never get into it. After nearly a decade of procrastination here I am xD.

My AL IGN is Vapourion just for reference.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vapourised For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

1. you do all the daily quests you can, watch ad for 50% xp elix , use xp elix bought from auc , xp pet , xp gear(if you have any). REcheck all and then start turning in all the quests. you get bonus xp that way. repeat this cycle every day till you hit cap.

2. Abaddon good, buth now there are better option. Tadthep and morgana gives 20% xp. both pretty cheap and worth investing.

3. YES! Speed set of any kind! Even nox is good enough. you need speed set to run almost all event and it makes your life and others easier. aim for speed set. others can carry you even if you have bad gear, but they wont wait for you if you are slow!

If you are capped its really fast and easy to clear maps, cause all op and most people are capped. its easier to clear maps after lvl76.

4. I am in <Unit> guild where are many friendly players and they do dailies and help with quests. Joining requirement is lvl 71 tho.

5. That depends on a lot of things! your class, your budget, if you spend money on game or not what you like etc. but for general,i'd say focus on leveling up and start saving for speed set. Eggzavier is coming and easter event is next. you will miss a lot without speed set. dont worry about other gears. you can buy a cheap arc weapon if you have gold tho. igonre spending on others stuff till you get ss and arc weap.
    Last edited by Axalan; 03-13-2022 at 09:24 AM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Axalan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Abadon pet will work fine to lv up.
    No need to be capped for events
    Any gear will work as long as you are able to stay alive in the zones you are in.
    As long as you are having fun, then you are doing it right.
    I don’t know “how long” it will take, but keep in mind that it Dosnt have to be a race. Find the daily quest that will grant the most xp and the ones that can be done at the same time and do them everyday.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Justanutt For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Axalan View Post
    1. you do all the daily quests you can, watch ad for 50% xp elix , use xp elix bought from auc , xp pet , xp gear(if you have any). REcheck all and then start turning in all the quests. you get bonus xp that way. repeat this cycle every day till you hit cap.

2. Abaddon good, buth now there are better option. Tadthep and morgana gives 20% xp. both pretty cheap and worth investing.

3. YES! Speed set of any kind! Even nox is good enough. you need speed set to run almost all event and it makes your life and others easier. aim for speed set. others can carry you even if you have bad gear, but they wont wait for you if you are slow!

If you are capped its really fast and easy to clear maps, cause all op and most people are capped. its easier to clear maps after lvl76.

4. I am in <Unit> guild where are many friendly players and they do dailies and help with quests. Joining requirement is lvl 71 tho.

5. That depends on a lot of things! your class, your budget, if you spend money on game or not what you like etc. but for general,i'd say focus on leveling up and start saving for speed set. Eggzavier is coming and easter event is next. you will miss a lot without speed set. dont worry about other gears. you can buy a cheap arc weapon if you have gold tho. igonre spending on others stuff till you get ss and arc weap.
    Thanks for the tips.

I'd just like to enquire about some points. Where do you find the video to get the elixir? Also are there any gold farm maps around L60? Cos even 260k for tadthep appears pretty pricey!

Also I'll be completely f2p. Still possible to make my way up? After speed set and arcane weapon, what should I aim for next?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

the option for ad elix appears just right side of the health pots button. its icon is blue,green and red bottles stacked. but it takes sometime to appear for new acc. how long, idk.
    I am kinda backdated on if there is any good farm area around that level. but what i know is you can farm on Elite southern seas. its the 2nd map of the Kraken isles. you can fram elite silver runner chests, elite gold runner chests and elite boss relics and the main loot elite gold pirate chest which sells for 50-80k in auc. if you have some luck gear, its better.
    add me in game, ign:rlone
    i have a spare morgana and some pet which should come to your help.
    after arc weap/ss you can get some better cheap gears and you can fully run events then. you should focus on building gold loot awakened gears so that you can get stable income by farming deep marsh or other gl maps/events.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Axalan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Axalan View Post
    add me in game, ign:rlone
    i have a spare morgana and some pet which should come to your help.
    Much appreciated axa. Tysm. Added you.
    Last edited by Vapourised; 03-13-2022 at 11:58 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Vapourised For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vapourised View Post
    Much appreciated axa. Tysm. Added you.
    I recently helped a new player go from lvl 68 to lvl 81 with arcane gears + speed set in 2 weeks!

I didn't give him any gold or gear, just tips. In the end, it's all about ur effort and dedication.

Hit me up Ingame if you need advice/guide.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ploid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ploid View Post
    I recently helped a new player go from lvl 68 to lvl 81 with arcane gears + speed set in 2 weeks!

I didn't give him any gold or gear, just tips. In the end, it's all about ur effort and dedication.

Hit me up Ingame if you need advice/guide.

What's ur IGN?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

What's ur IGN?
    Ploid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Yeah, Abaddon pet is fine as mentioned, couple bits that haven't been mentioned yet that is worth knowing IMO at least tho which should help,

Start by going through the list of replayable quests list starting from the bottom.

do every replayable quest that gives at least 100/150xp+ BUT DO NOT TURN THE QUEST IN YET!

once you've gone through the replayable list, double-check the side quests/main quests as well doing the same as the replayable quests.

Once you've got all the quests are done and ready to turn in (should easily be 40/50+ quests) now pop the XP elixirs and get XP pet out.

As mentioned a lot of XP boosts can stack on top of each other...

50% XP(Plat store/Ads), 60% XP(locked Crates/AH), 7 day XP (Plat Store), Adventurer Kit (2.99 if I remember right lol bought long ago), Pets (ie Abaddon), XP Awakened Gears (can use the 5k Awakening Elixer to awaken random junk and if lucky get some XP awakens from 1 try, if not move to next) but you can also search Auction House using "%xp" in the search bar for gear with XP awakens you could buy (be surprised how cheap some are listed sometimes on random junk")

Once you have all your elixirs pop opened, pet on, XP awakened gears all on...

Now go turn in those quests!

This way you will also save on the expense of using elixirs as you don't need to open/use them whilst doing the actual quests only when turning them in. If you are quick about it it should only cost like 1 elixir per day of each day turning in those quests.

Also, a lot of the easier maps you could do in the elite mode so you also get APs, Might loot elite gold chests to profit from later on which can help you fund gears for once your cap XD

Better yet if you wait for the 15th or 1st of every month it's double XP day so that stacks on top of all mentioned as well!

literally leveling up to cap in no time just spending even up to a couple of hours a day doing quests alone!

Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for life ^.^

1 <3
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BaronB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

Some solid advice given already

I’m an old pl player also, I’ll send u a fr
    Feel free to hit me up w questions or if u need a hand in game w anything
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephencobear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Yes, definitely dont forget an XP elixer. makes leveling fly by.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Thanks for the tips.

I'd just like to enquire about some points. Where do you find the video to get the elixir? Also are there any gold farm maps around L60? Cos even 260k for tadthep appears pretty pricey!

Also I'll be completely f2p. Still possible to make my way up? After speed set and arcane weapon, what should I aim for next?
    I don't know if you have free Plat offers, but if you have, do some of them during double offer to get soem plats.
    Even with 100 Plat, you can buy some items (like keys, elite awaken gem, hotbar, etc) and sell it, and get 7 days xp too.

I just cam back after 5 years break too and had LOTS of new things to learn lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    Some solid advice given already

I’m an old pl player also, I’ll send u a fr
    Feel free to hit me up w questions or if u need a hand in game w anything
    Thanks for the offer of help Suentous! I really enjoyed AL in the last couple of days and I must say that my impression of it was wrong at first glance. It's a lot better than I thought.

However, I might take a bit of a break in AL cos big changes have happened to pvp in PL. Qtr stat guns have just been nerfed along with L25 elite weapons and L25 elite armours. L32-40 is positively booming for the first time in years with people using og gears.

I'll defo stick around in AL but less now. Grinded to L69 there but a rest is warranted before I continue the arduous process to endgame. Definitely, I'll stop by and chat to you when I catch you online (I haven't been lucky so far )
    Last edited by Vapourised; 03-20-2022 at 10:23 AM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Vapourised For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

Thanks for the offer of help Suentous! I really enjoyed AL in the last couple of days and I must say that my impression of it was wrong at first glance. It's a lot better than I thought.

However, I might take a bit of a break in AL cos big changes have happened to pvp in PL. Qtr stat guns have just been nerfed along with L25 elite weapons and L25 elite armours. L32-40 is positively booming for the first time in years with people using og gears.

I'll defo stick around in AL but less now. Grinded to L69 there but a rest is warranted before I continue the arduous process to endgame. Definitely, I'll stop by and chat to you when I catch you online (I haven't been lucky so far )
    The fact that qtr got nerfed is HUGE, that you’d go back to pl twinking is understood lol I had fun in low levs also
    Lv 35 & 40 was the shid when I played ( also 15 & 10 at one time)

I need to get my acc email changed so I can get back in pl
    Until then, cya when I see ya- have fun !
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Is vaporous your rogue

Sent from my CPH1859 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kitx19 View Post
    Is vaporous your rogue

Sent from my CPH1859 using Tapatalk
    Vapourion L69 nub sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hey can you help me too ?? Your advice might be helpful for me please contact me if you have time IGN-Devilsmugller im a rouge btw