I am a 14 year old boy and went through my first season of track this summer, and I started out horrible but i became better and better as i went to practice. So now Track season is over for me and we are having our last few practices and just yesterday at practice my hips were beginning to hurt after i started running.I always have a few pains that i can run with,such as my shin hurting when I bend down into the blocks,but my hips were hurting a lot when I ran. So at practice, we were racing 50m after doing the 400m the hard way. and i was paired with 3 girls,ages: 9,14,15.(only because the coaches could tell i was hurting)I could usually always beat them in a race but today my hips were hurting keeping me from running my full speed. So i kept trying to beat them because of my dad sitting there watching and i just couldn't. So then after every race(we did 3) I told him that my hips were hurting and he said: "I don't care if your hips hurting you better not let them beat you again!" I'm not one of those that do the opposite of what their parents say just to make them mad, so i continued to try and keep up and ended up barely tying with the 9year old once. So then we ended practice and my dad was yelling and saying things that really hurt me. I tried to tell him that my hips hurt, but all he said was: "Don't tell me this crap about your hip hurting, that's what little girls say!" Then he was yelling the whole freaking way home(30mins) about how i got beat by a nine year old girl. Then when we got home he took my iPod Touch (have even had it for a month yet,just got for my b-day,Jun 15) and said i can get it back if on Saturday I am beating the people I'm with and placed in an appropriate group. I expected to get sympathy from my mom because she runs track and knows it's not like football where you run your best even when your in pain.But all she said was that i didn't try my best and it was my fault. Now back to the question: why am i getting punished over sports?
it just doesn't make sense how even though I'm hurting i get punished.Why does my dad care so much about me getting beat by a 9year old girl when I'm hurting? Oh, did i mention that these last practices are for people who are going to Orlando,Florida for the last track meet, which I'm not going to? I have been truly mad since last night, and usually after i sleep i wake up and either forget or forgive them for whatever happened but now i won't even hug my mom, or look my dad in the eye, no matter how much they joke around with me because they don't care about the problem anymore. i actually cried last night which i haven't done since i was 11.
My dad is not sexist, all the coaches(even the coaches wife) says we should never get beat by a girl the same age or younger than us.And i do my best in sports, as i said the season is over and i have tried my best all summer even in horrible heat. My best time 60seconds for the 400m in my first year.
-Just need your opinions.