Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: New players need help ASAP. quest/progress FREE pets

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Default New players need help ASAP. quest/progress FREE pets

With gold farming becoming meta, especially with the new update. New players are becoming more and more disenfranchised to even try because starter items are so egregiously expensive.

Let's talk about it: Yakob.

Probably the best pet for a new player, not OP, but helps with general farming. This is what most new players aim for. It's what I aimed for when I started this game again in January. It was 1-2m before the gold farming update. Now we are seeing prices of 4-6m within a month of the update. Imagine being a new player on 1x speed scrambling to get 4-6m, just for the chance to get 2x speed?

I'll just get right to it, it's boring. That's just yakob, every set in the game is extremely expensive (to noobs), even the terrible ones.

Speed is by far the most important PvE stat in the game, even if you have 3x speed with good stats a 4x player in your lobby will be at the boss and waiting for you... every. single. run. This is both annoying for max players trying to help noobs, but also frustrating for the noobs that feel like a burden.

This may be one reason why I see new players try the game for a total of 3 days to never be seen again. I see a lot of new players that don't even try, they turn to begging. It's clear why, everyone playing pl right now actively has 200m+ in items/sets/cash and they (the noob) are starting from 0 with 1x speed and when people worth 1b+ hoarding Yakob pets that benefit them in no way, there needs to be a change.

A solution? Early-level quests for FREE sets and pets,
    These should be CHARACTER-BOUND as to not eliminate use for other pets or disrupt the market

3x speed bonus is a must, My idea is maybe a pet that you start with at lvl1 with 2x speed, as you level up/get kills there are tiers at which it upgrades.

tier 0 quest pet: 2x speed
    tier 1 pet (1000 PvE kills) : 2.5x speed with 1.5x damage
    tier 2 (2500 PvE kills) : 3x speed 1.5x dmg/armor/health
    tier 3 (5000 PvE kills) : 3x speed 1.5x dmg/armor/health +25% GL +25% Luck
    tier 4 (25000 PvE kills) : 4x speed 2x dmg/armor/health +35% GL +35% Luck

This is a rough outline, idc how it's balanced but it's time we fought for the noobs and gave them better free gear that rewards them for playing.

BUT. even more important... make pvp fun again. ban all of the OP items that make people quit. Draw a line in the sand with PvE and PvP. They should never have mixed in the first place. QTR is obviously a PVE weapon and have no clue why it is still allowed inside of a PVP where any comparable set does 1/5th of the damage. So many people abuse qtr with l25 elite armor. They are unkillable. nobody wants to fight these abusers but there is no kick button so a lobby is ruined by one person. There are not enough ppl in game atm to host private lobbies...
    Last edited by Curvatwo; 03-16-2022 at 09:51 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curvatwo For This Useful Post: