Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: New players need help ASAP. quest/progress FREE pets

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Default New players need help ASAP. quest/progress FREE pets

With gold farming becoming meta, especially with the new update. New players are becoming more and more disenfranchised to even try because starter items are so egregiously expensive.

Let's talk about it: Yakob.

Probably the best pet for a new player, not OP, but helps with general farming. This is what most new players aim for. It's what I aimed for when I started this game again in January. It was 1-2m before the gold farming update. Now we are seeing prices of 4-6m within a month of the update. Imagine being a new player on 1x speed scrambling to get 4-6m, just for the chance to get 2x speed?

I'll just get right to it, it's boring. That's just yakob, every set in the game is extremely expensive (to noobs), even the terrible ones.

Speed is by far the most important PvE stat in the game, even if you have 3x speed with good stats a 4x player in your lobby will be at the boss and waiting for you... every. single. run. This is both annoying for max players trying to help noobs, but also frustrating for the noobs that feel like a burden.

This may be one reason why I see new players try the game for a total of 3 days to never be seen again. I see a lot of new players that don't even try, they turn to begging. It's clear why, everyone playing pl right now actively has 200m+ in items/sets/cash and they (the noob) are starting from 0 with 1x speed and when people worth 1b+ hoarding Yakob pets that benefit them in no way, there needs to be a change.

A solution? Early-level quests for FREE sets and pets,
    These should be CHARACTER-BOUND as to not eliminate use for other pets or disrupt the market

3x speed bonus is a must, My idea is maybe a pet that you start with at lvl1 with 2x speed, as you level up/get kills there are tiers at which it upgrades.

tier 0 quest pet: 2x speed
    tier 1 pet (1000 PvE kills) : 2.5x speed with 1.5x damage
    tier 2 (2500 PvE kills) : 3x speed 1.5x dmg/armor/health
    tier 3 (5000 PvE kills) : 3x speed 1.5x dmg/armor/health +25% GL +25% Luck
    tier 4 (25000 PvE kills) : 4x speed 2x dmg/armor/health +35% GL +35% Luck

This is a rough outline, idc how it's balanced but it's time we fought for the noobs and gave them better free gear that rewards them for playing.

BUT. even more important... make pvp fun again. ban all of the OP items that make people quit. Draw a line in the sand with PvE and PvP. They should never have mixed in the first place. QTR is obviously a PVE weapon and have no clue why it is still allowed inside of a PVP where any comparable set does 1/5th of the damage. So many people abuse qtr with l25 elite armor. They are unkillable. nobody wants to fight these abusers but there is no kick button so a lobby is ruined by one person. There are not enough ppl in game atm to host private lobbies...
    Last edited by Curvatwo; 03-16-2022 at 09:51 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curvatwo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I think that the Character-bound rewards would actually work out really well, and to make it such that tradeable pets are still usable (i.e. yakob and friends), the stats of these rewards shouldn't be too high-end either. Perhaps instead of pet stats, full-on vanity sets (4pc) might work as well, instead of just a pet
    Hope is Hungry.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iilhopeliliil View Post
    I think that the Character-bound rewards would actually work out really well, and to make it such that tradeable pets are still usable (i.e. yakob and friends), the stats of these rewards shouldn't be too high-end either. Perhaps instead of pet stats, full-on vanity sets (4pc) might work as well, instead of just a pet
    My thoughts exactly, I used pet as an example but it could be anything, vanity sets, actual gear, pets, or a new stat bonus entirely that is bound to a character. Sky is the limit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Curvatwo View Post
    With gold farming becoming meta, especially with the new update. New players are becoming more and more disenfranchised to even try because starter items are so egregiously expensive.

Let's talk about it: Yakob.

Probably the best pet for a new player, not OP, but helps with general farming. This is what most new players aim for. It's what I aimed for when I started this game again in January. It was 1-2m before the gold farming update. Now we are seeing prices of 4-6m within a month of the update. Imagine being a new player on 1x speed scrambling to get 4-6m, just for the chance to get 2x speed?

I'll just get right to it, it's boring. That's just yakob, every set in the game is extremely expensive (to noobs), even the terrible ones.

Speed is by far the most important PvE stat in the game, even if you have 3x speed with good stats a 4x player in your lobby will be at the boss and waiting for you... every. single. run. This is both annoying for max players trying to help noobs, but also frustrating for the noobs that feel like a burden.

This may be one reason why I see new players try the game for a total of 3 days to never be seen again. I see a lot of new players that don't even try, they turn to begging. It's clear why, everyone playing pl right now actively has 200m+ in items/sets/cash and they (the noob) are starting from 0 with 1x speed and when people worth 1b+ hoarding Yakob pets that benefit them in no way, there needs to be a change.

A solution? Early-level quests for FREE sets and pets,
    These should be CHARACTER-BOUND as to not eliminate use for other pets or disrupt the market

3x speed bonus is a must, My idea is maybe a pet that you start with at lvl1 with 2x speed, as you level up/get kills there are tiers at which it upgrades.

tier 0 quest pet: 2x speed
    tier 1 pet (1000 PvE kills) : 2.5x speed with 1.5x damage
    tier 2 (2500 PvE kills) : 3x speed 1.5x dmg/armor/health
    tier 3 (5000 PvE kills) : 3x speed 1.5x dmg/armor/health +25% GL +25% Luck
    tier 5 (25000 PvE kills) : 4x speed 2x dmg/armor/health +35% GL +35% Luck

This is a rough outline, idc how it's balanced but it's time we fought for the noobs and gave them better free gear that rewards them for playing.

BUT. even more important... make pvp fun again. ban all of the OP items that make people quit. Draw a line in the sand with PvE and PvP. They should never have mixed in the first place. QTR is obviously a PVE weapon and have no clue why it is still allowed inside of a PVP where any comparable set does 1/5th of the damage. So many people abuse qtr with l25 elite armor. They are unkillable. nobody wants to fight these abusers but there is no kick button so a lobby is ruined by one person. There are not enough ppl in game atm to host private lobbies...
    Everything said here is on point and would go a long way to help boost the activity of PL. It’s no secret that PL is feeling barren especially with older players leaving and newer players not joining in.

Cinco, why is this the case? Most games these days go out of their way to make new players feel included. Even AL is more friendly towards new players (I know this because I’ve recently started AL).

However the issue with both legends games is again the economy.

This wouldn’t be a problem if the ‘essentials’ were available to new players free of charge.

So Cinco, I would like to see a new stat pet for players which they obtain at level 10 and it can be upgraded as per curv’s suggestions.

Also make ebontjraxx boss give even more gold when you kill him for the first time.

Another good idea is to award new players a decent gold loot amulet when they cap - maybe 200 gold loot (obviously not as good as the current ones) so they can keep up with our terrible economy.

And lastly please add more gold sinks into the game.

P.S: At the moment, there is a single player going out of this way to help new players as much as possible. He’s sacrificing his own free time to get gold for them to buy their pets so they can work themselves up. Essentially he’s a Good Samaritan.

While his actions are noble, it is the job of the devs to help new players. A permanent solution. I felt like his burden is unfair which inspired me to talk to others about the new players issue.
    Last edited by Vapourised; 03-16-2022 at 09:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quest rewards should give 2-5k gold instead of like literally 10. New players do lots of quests, this would help them save a decent amount by the time they hit the p2p wall at 70 (you need a pet to progress here).

Quest rewards should also give potions so that new players don't have to spend thousands of gold on hp pots every other day. It's a large gold sink early on.

As for an actual gold sink: a blacksmith in balefort that copies any item and turns it in to a vanity for 500k-1mil. This feature already kind of exists in crafting so it's not like much new programming would be required.
    raid that roach

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

cinco i have good i dea can u improve the game for new player?
    because new player dont know how to get gold for the pet to get strong so please add new quest or achievement like example new player got 5k kill from pve he achive that and get pet then next 50k kill then 100k kill then and we get pet with untradeble im sure the new player injoy killing pve to get new pet so please cinco just improve the game for new play

i know u designer if u read this please talk to the creator and fix this issue for new player how to spend the real money if he didnt know how to injoy the game how can able the new player to join event? so please im prove the game.

and i like u make add some cool item set with untradeble if he get lv20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90,100 im sure new player want level up and make max level

the must effective is no begging and the new player injoy play pve

and i like improve the gold loots like 200% for new play and make it 30days lemited we expire after 30 days and add some quest for new play that he active to claimed reward up to 30 days

and i like u add some event every week like guild event fighting other guild after one week event reward gold and plat depend top guild. example per guild got team 15player that can fight with 3v3 depend player who active and and i want just record will playing in pvp guild event just record a damage how much u got damage u hit enemy and we record the damage just damge we well rocord how much u hit enemey so that cool i dont like record how much u got kill im sure many play not pro pvp but he can able record as a damage how much u hit so that a good idea

and i like u add some event like example quest kiling 500kill just one week in pve any map can eble record how much u get kill and we get reward like get new bound vanity like helm vaity have cool effect and 10m reward im sure many player are active 10000% to finish the quest for old player

i hope u fix issue for new play and i hope u add some event every week like guild event or other quest that can get cool vanity!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

As a World of Warcraft player I totally agree with this, even there you get pretty decent gear and gold amount already from the storyline quests, but top gear needs more work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

can you CHILL becasue qtr takes lots of skills I win always with it

NEW IGN RAGGADORR | I LOVE MYSTICALDREAM

10.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

This is excellent feedback!

I do have a tweak, though. Instead of updating the quest stuff or adding more quests, I think it might be best to give new characters a free 'Advancement Pack' like we do in Arcane Legends.

If you're not familiar these packs are given to new characters when they start the game and contain powerful items, gold, potions, etc.. They also contain a 'higher level' itempack that you can open when you reach the appropriate level.

We could do this for Pocket Legends rather easily (meaning it'll be a bit time consuming but not difficult). Equipment, pets, etc. would be character-bound but they could be very powerful. Obviously this would have an economic impact on any existing player who has inventory they want to merch. The value of a given low-level item or pet would be routed significantly once these packs release - but I see it as a positive disruption to the economy.

I'll put this stuff on my list and we can have further discussion about the pack contents! :-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    This is excellent feedback!

I do have a tweak, though. Instead of updating the quest stuff or adding more quests, I think it might be best to give new characters a free 'Advancement Pack' like we do in Arcane Legends.

If you're not familiar these packs are given to new characters when they start the game and contain powerful items, gold, potions, etc.. They also contain a 'higher level' itempack that you can open when you reach the appropriate level.

We could do this for Pocket Legends rather easily (meaning it'll be a bit time consuming but not difficult). Equipment, pets, etc. would be character-bound but they could be very powerful. Obviously this would have an economic impact on any existing player who has inventory they want to merch. The value of a given low-level item or pet would be routed significantly once these packs release - but I see it as a positive disruption to the economy.

I'll put this stuff on my list and we can have further discussion about the pack contents! :-)
    All for this. Did you say FREE. That sells EZ. Especially at an event like this birthday event where lots of old players come back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I agree, especially with the lack of new players in groups without a healthy "newb" playerbase sets and things are ESSENTIAL to supplement for lack of groups which is what the campaign is designed for.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jugtug For This Useful Post: