Cs is very one-sided with ONLY overpriced junk that is feeding into stagnation and inflation with dramatized pricing, people just make up the new prices for items after hoarding.

Steam (the video game marketplace) has a system in which you can list your buy bids.

This would help eliminate OP selling and decrease the number of scams, you will have a distribution of OP and LOWBALLS, with a nice middle-ground where business can occur.

Imagine being able to see the bids from multiple people on a particular item, and see what the highest bid is so that you can determine if you want that item. This also allows a streamlined "fast cash" system, where people jonesing for a specific trade need gold at the moment and can sell to the highest bidder all within cs. The sheer volume of trades will go through the roof and people can finally have a realistic price on what the MARKET wants, not just what one person woke up on a random day and decided the price would be.

I don't expect this to ever be implemented in PL, it would require changing the entire visuals of cs. but this is how it would look:

Search bar:
[Crown of Persistence]

Listing:
[WTB]:
curv - 238,000,000 - (Sell to curv button) -> confirm trade to not accidentally sell to the wrong listing
joe - 237,999,000 - (Sell to (name) button)
shmoe - 200,000,000 - (Sell to (name) button)

(this is the price range where people would negotiate and sell outside of cs. Now we know a decent price range is 238m-255m)

[WTS]: ( this is just a cs listing as we know it today )
rob -255,000,000 - (buy button) -> confirm trade to not accidentally buy from wrong listing
robert -256,000,000 - (buy button)
rob2 -257,000,000 - (buy button)

this, of course, isn't perfect because people can still manipulate the buy orders with many accounts but it will be a lot harder with the increased trade volume.

Furthermore (and the most important reason why this should be added to all spacetime games)

it allows people to buy items while they are offline, which is a feature that is missing. I can't count how many deals or trades have slipped through the cracks only for me to never see that item again because I had to go and I never saw the person selling again, this would massively improve the quality of life of trading items.