Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Timed Leaderboard Runs Disaster!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts

Also the whole idea that my team ever spent billions of gold on gears while majority of us run with 30% movement speed gears per slot in the speed sets itself. Everyone complaining about timed runs is just ridiculously trying to make it seem like without gears we won't be able to contest anything. I like how nobody ever complains about certain maps where all you have to do is stand in correct spot and just wait for boss to show up to get a record.

Now to the point where same people are constantly trying to get developers attention just to change the game around them because apparently Leaderboard is too hard to get on? Yeah let's remove the competitivness from the game because YOU can't get something. It's like I would go and tell people who do Honor PvP to stop going into queue on their alts just so they can get a game and therefore even keep that leaderboard up and running because of what? Because they can play on different classes?

I was not able to get on timed leaderboard myself too but I figured my way out. As per usual same people will come around throwing senseless criticism and go with names towards people that work for that leaderboard.

Just remember the thing, just because I didn't want to help YOU that doesn't mean I'm not willing to help others and get them to run with me.

Get better and figure it out, it's not just speed - its everyone who can't get anything moaning about leaderboards but getting nowhere.

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to |Ares| For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by |Ares| View Post
    If only every person that ever complains about timed leaderboard could finally understand that it's not just about speed. Stop trying to make it look so easy just because people worked for it long enough to be where they are.
    This is seriously getting boring at this point, make a team and contest otherwise don't go into topics you have no clue about.
    You seem very knowledgeable on this subject, would you like to try 1 round of Lb Timed Run together? If we can do half the record time they did (Without Ms Awakens as you said) I'll agree with you on that. Only half the record! It has nothing to do with experience or effort. Stop deceiving yourself! These players are getting in the way of many of us. I can say that I am more experienced than them in playing rogue abilities and elite maps, but I can't beat their record, why? because they don't let me buy the items I want (+40 MS Awak Per Item), they buy them all themselves. There is so much injustice going on.

Boss spawn time ?You can't even get halfway to kraag tomb4 in 5 seconds, don't be funny.But their record is like a 4-6 second.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

I’m not even fully 30% ms btw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pars View Post
    You seem very knowledgeable on this subject, would you like to try 1 round of Lb Timed Run together? If we can do half the record time they did (Without Ms Awakens as you said) I'll agree with you on that. Only half the record! It has nothing to do with experience or effort. Stop deceiving yourself! These players are getting in the way of many of us. I can say that I am more experienced than them in playing rogue abilities and elite maps, but I can't beat their record, why? because they don't let me buy the items I want (+40 MS Awak Per Item), they buy them all themselves. There is so much injustice going on.

Boss spawn time ?You can't even get halfway to kraag tomb4 in 5 seconds, don't be funny.But their record is like a 4-6 second.
    Sure, hit me up in game. I'm Demon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

What do you expect? That guild is known for being pretentious. Just read the guild name...

I have a friend who joined that guild recently. Point blank told me he was carried to his lb spot despite that he has the gold/skill to help, he didn't even need to help. Which to be quite honest, I'm totally okay with that. Carry as many people as you want. Here is the part that annoys tf outta me.

Anytime a thread is made suggesting changes to the lb they rally the troops to the forums to downvote and derail any thread with excuses like "people want banners without putting in the effort" or "you need to learn the strats for yourself". My friend didn't have to put in the effort himself to learn the strats, he was simply carried. There's a double standard. You think everybody else should have to put in effort unless you have blessed them with your presence in which case its okay for them to "get banners without putting in effort or learning the strats"

You guys have already been made out as the villains. You might as well embrace it and admit that if you could you would hog all the lb spots for your friends and guildies. People might actually respect that more and have less vitriol towards you than when you come to the forums with contrived nonsense like "you just need to learn the strats" whilst simultaneously carrying people that didn't learn the strats. Just my 2 cents

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lawpvp For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kystone View Post
    I’m not even fully 30% ms btw
    Hahaha, we know that you have the highest ms awaken items in the market, you have earned enough badges and banners. We want the Leaderboard to be left to the players who play really well. Leaderboard's pay to enter order must be broken.We will unearth the talented players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post
    What do you expect? That guild is known for being pretentious. Just read the guild name...

I have a friend who joined that guild recently. Point blank told me he was carried to his lb spot despite that he has the gold/skill to help, he didn't even need to help. Which to be quite honest, I'm totally okay with that. Carry as many people as you want. Here is the part that annoys tf outta me.

Anytime a thread is made suggesting changes to the lb they rally the troops to the forums to downvote and derail any thread with excuses like "people want banners without putting in the effort" or "you need to learn the strats for yourself". My friend didn't have to put in the effort himself to learn the strats, he was simply carried. There's a double standard. You think everybody else should have to put in effort unless you have blessed them with your presence in which case its okay for them to "get banners without putting in effort or learning the strats"

You guys have already been made out as the villains. You might as well embrace it and admit that if you could you would hog all the lb spots for your friends and guildies. People might actually respect that more and have less vitriol towards you than when you come to the forums with contrived nonsense like "you just need to learn the strats" whilst simultaneously carrying people that didn't learn the strats. Just my 2 cents
    High Society doesn't stand for being pretentious.... no that kinda high lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

What is with the obsession of making everything "fair"? True fairness is everyone is given equal opportunity.

We all play this game right? Some play more often and have played for longer, but we all HAVE the ability to play.

"But we don't ALL have billions of gold or insanely hard to get MS gear"...

So? Do you think that, when these players who you're demonizing started, those gears or gold just magically appeared? Hint: They didn't...

And so what if they spent money on platinum? Is the option to purchase plat not available for everyone?

"But not everyone can afford it.", then your problem is not with the game, but with life.

And life as we know it simply isn't fair.

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Overbear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by |Ares| View Post
    High Society doesn't stand for being pretentious.... no that kinda high lol
    never said that what it stands for, said thats what its known for

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post
    never said that what it stands for, said thats what its known for
    Yes but the message suggests otherwise. Anyways regarding to what you said above about someone joining the guild and getting a carry I'm assuming its about Orrick leaderboard that I sometimes help guildies with. Well truth to what you said but the sad part - its a 2 man job or even 1 person job (rogues more skilled than me) to secure a time and get a nice badge. I might be wrong tho.

14.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #51
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,170 Posts

Adding some sort of timed LB that requires Honor Set (or a new Timed Runners' set) seems like it could be cool, so I'll consider it.

As for this particular thread, I see no compelling arguments to strip out equipment, Enchants, or wealth from your fellow competitors.

Closing to protect you from yourselves.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post: