Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ways around manipulation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default Ways around manipulation

Spacetime is the only one that can fix a major problem in this game, and that's manipulation. I have a suggestion because prices of items are getting insane.

Sts can make a "Average sale price" on all items. This can be added onto the info part of all items so being scammed due to manipulation isn't so common nowadays. This does not mean prices can't change because they will over time but it'll give everyone a visual of the price range they should be looking for.

Expanding the auction is also a great thing to do. An auction where we can search anything up in the game where we can view recent sales of any item that we may not know the price on. This could be a separate part of the auction that can be accessed by anyone.

Sent from my SM-F711U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smh, edited instead of making another reply. What I said was those average prices could still be manipulated. Limiting a player to one forum account could be good.
    Last edited by bosscasipong4315; 03-20-2022 at 07:43 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bosscasipong4315 View Post
    Could be good.
    Ya you're right, limiting an ip to 1 forums account is a must, too many fake offers from fake accounts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

My item my price. I delete items of low value. Gonna fry eggs soon. Literally hundreds molding in my inventory.

P.S. all offers or c/o are fake until the item sells. I never ask c/o.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

Sounds like a good idea until you imagine the logistics
    It’s simply not worth the time for sts & it doesn’t benefit them financially
    Can’t imagine how much data & bandwidth it would take to make lists of all items prices & all sales
    What poor dev gets stuck w that chore & what better things could they do w that time

Also some natural happenings in game make prices fluctuate wildly
    Like when someone figures out pet x kills boss x in seconds- price jump
    Or when proc stacking is eliminated weapon x price plummets

Even if sts did this ppl can use a friend to buy & sell back to manipulate prices

Last thought- most manipulation is for vanity items that are absolutely unnecessary for the game
    Last edited by Stephencobear; 03-20-2022 at 08:57 AM.
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VeryRandomPlayer View Post
    Spacetime is the only one that can fix a major problem in this game, and that's manipulation. I have a suggestion because prices of items are getting insane.

Sts can make a "Average sale price" on all items. This can be added onto the info part of all items so being scammed due to manipulation isn't so common nowadays. This does not mean prices can't change because they will over time but it'll give everyone a visual of the price range they should be looking for.

Expanding the auction is also a great thing to do. An auction where we can search anything up in the game where we can view recent sales of any item that we may not know the price on. This could be a separate part of the auction that can be accessed by anyone.

The simple and most effective way to avoid manipulation is to not buy the item.
    Ign Bonyduck W/Impossibility R

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

about the "average price" I don't agree but about a "sales history" available in the auction I agree 100%.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I list overprice in cs my friend bought is that justified?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alome View Post
    The simple and most effective way to avoid manipulation is to not buy the item.
    true

but there are no overprice for players who really wants it. let them be why do you care.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

The only way around manipulation is to not keep anything exclusive and bring back the items every year ofcourse including new ones.

It's a win-win for both STS and *Majority* of AL players. STS will get to make a lot of money by aura sales, and the prices won't be absurdly high so players will have the chance to get the vanities they like.

The only people I see beeing unhappy about this are the hoarders who are manipulating the items. We don't need people owning 10 pieces of an item to make it scarce in the market and then manipulate the prices.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ploid View Post
    The only way around manipulation is to not keep anything exclusive and bring back the items every year ofcourse including new ones.

It's a win-win for both STS and *Majority* of AL players. STS will get to make a lot of money by aura sales, and the prices won't be absurdly high so players will have the chance to get the vanities they like.

The only people I see beeing unhappy about this are the hoarders who are manipulating the items. We don't need people owning 10 pieces of an item to make it scarce in the market and then manipulate the prices.

Reintroducing everything in no way stops manipulation, it just just shifts what is rare & therefore what would be manipulated

I’m not a hoarder, nor a manipulator, but I would hate if the founders sets I own to come back
    I paid plat for the opportunity to POSSIBLY loot the right item from the chests
    no one should get that for free
    Sry not sry
    Suentous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    Reintroducing everything in no way stops manipulation, it just just shifts what is rare & therefore what would be manipulated

I’m not a hoarder, nor a manipulator, but I would hate if the founders sets I own to come back
    I paid plat for the opportunity to POSSIBLY loot the right item from the chests
    no one should get that for free
    Sry not sry
    Yeah that's why I said majority of the players. As long as majority is happy, and STS is making money, it's all good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

Yeah that's why I said majority of the players. As long as majority is happy, and STS is making money, it's all good.

Disagree on that-
    the majority, vs those that have supported the game w money since day one (!)
    & those that want rare stuff to be common is a HUGE gap
    nty
    Suentous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Disagree on that-
    the majority, vs those that have supported the game w money since day one (!)
    & those that want rare stuff to be common is a HUGE gap
    nty
    STS should reward those who have supported them since start, yes. But the whole game shouldn't revolve around these players. It's unhealthy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

STS should reward those who have supported them since start, yes. But the whole game shouldn't revolve around these players. It's unhealthy.

Game def does not revolve around me cuz I gambled for some founders sets back in the day

That doesn’t mean I think new players should get founder sets unless they pay out the nose to compensate for the rarity of existing actual founders
    Suentous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Game def does not revolve around me cuz I gambled for some founders sets back in the day

That doesn’t mean I think new players should get founder sets unless they pay out the nose to compensate for the rarity of existing actual founders
    Ofc, people won't be getting anything for free, they will need to spend plats.

I said they bring back all items yearly and people spend plats to obtain them.

For example they bring back Blizz Aura every winter event alongside a new aura, they bring back Harb and Lumi aura alongside new stuff every forgotten vanity event.

This way those that didn't get to buy them for plat this year can buy them the next year, and this will also keep prices in check. It will increase revenue for STS and push them to release better items cuz no one will buy the new ones if the old ones still look better xD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

The idea of a sales history would actually be really cool and can make your own informed judgment on how much something should cost based on historical prizing.

Tho course as mentioned sometimes things happen in game that can influence the price of things as well so history isn't 100% but gives a good idea at least.

Regards with bringing ANYTHING back/rereleased...

NO.

By all means make recolors or similar but old content should never be reintroduced if its been discontinued completely.

This like turning armor/weapons already looted previously into vanities is a better idea and would also put some "og" stuff back onto the market but release?

Hell no!

Hell personally sure be nice if xmas tree came back to buy again for like a couple hundred plat... however it will kill of what makes it special in the first place and that's its exclusivity along with its looks.

1 <3
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BaronB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

Ofc, people won't be getting anything for free, they will need to spend plats.
    I spent plat w/o a guarantee of getting what I wanted
    Imagine spending on crates rn to get all classes the best thing, how much would you have to spend?!

You want ppl to get what they want for a set amount
    That’s not the same

I said they bring back all items yearly and people spend plats to obtain them.

For example they bring back Blizz Aura every winter event alongside a new aura, they bring back Harb and Lumi aura alongside new stuff every forgotten vanity event.

This way those that didn't get to buy them for plat this year can buy them the next year, and this will also keep prices in check. It will increase revenue for STS and push them to release better items cuz no one will buy the new ones if the old ones still look better xD.

Again your example is to obtain vanities that are absolutely not needed to play the game
    At the same time you are blind to the value to the game of having rare items

After ppl have good sets, what might interest them to keep grinding an easy thing?
    Answer - rare items

It’s a good thing to understand the difference between equality of opportunity & equality of outcome
    Suentous

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephencobear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

I spent plat w/o a guarantee of getting what I wanted
    Imagine spending on crates rn to get all classes the best thing, how much would you have to spend?!

You want ppl to get what they want for a set amount
    That’s not the same

Again your example is to obtain vanities that are absolutely not needed to play the game
    At the same time you are blind to the value to the game of having rare items

After ppl have good sets, what might interest them to keep grinding an easy thing?
    Answer - rare items

It’s a good thing to understand the difference between equality of opportunity & equality of outcome
    Relax bud, I was just proposing a way to keep price items in check, remove manipulation, and at the same time increase income for STS.

And what I proposed does all of those granted it makes a few collectors sad. But it's stupid owning 5+ of same item like people do rn just in the hopes of making it scarce and manipulating it.

I am not saying to bring a sure-fire way to get the items, maybe they can bring them back in crates or something.

Also, I am not asking for items like founders set to return. Just event related items. We can all agree that vanity designs in the old days were way better than what we have now.

I own Frozen Santa, and Green Santa Vest from 2014 and 15. They look amazing to me. Nicely designed. I would be happy if they bring it back this year's winter event so new players can have a chance to obtain them as well. They can add newer items as well ofc

Peace.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

We’re good, js there’s a big dif between ppl who hoard items & those like me, who have one, legit

I shouldn’t be punished by having my rare items value diminished due to unnecessary reintroduction
    Anyone can pay for the rare thing if they work for it

That it is rare means it is valuable, make it more common = make it less desirable
    Suentous