Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your merching stories / tactics

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,063 Posts

Default Your merching stories / tactics

Since the subject has been the economy lately, leave some of your interesting stories / tacticts you have encountered / used.
    One of my tactics is to browse the auction very oftenly, this allows me to learn prices at an easier rate and score some mega profits when someone lists an item cheap. I bought a terror blade in auction for 15m when it was worth 40m.
    Another tactic I have which I currently am doing is say if an item exists and you want it; you know its price down to the point. My case is heroic garlic, I have been hoarding this egg lately and right now its listed for 43m in the auc but when I go to purchase one in the towns of arlor people will say offer and I will offer 40m. They want 42m so I decline knowing for a fact they will later get tired of trying to sell the egg for 42 because it won't sell for 42 and so they will go to me to sell it for 40. Happens all the time.
    What I hate about buying items, I go to purchase an item worth maybe 1m for 850k and the seller is like "you are rich do 2m". Just because someone is "rich" doesn't mean they should pay more.
    I don't remember stories of my purchases much since I don't lowball or get into conflicts with people for overpricing because I just say ok and leave. Except the time I was working on making a video of opening 999x elite gold warchest iii and the problem was obtaining the chests at the correct price. I noticed one guy by the name of "Hiaxiseey" was selling like hundreds of these chests in the auction for 2x their normal price. So logically I pm him to buy them all at their normal price and this dude goes into his mental mode and goes on blast cursing me out. He later is kicked from the guilds he joins for cursing, he joins my guild and I instantly kick him. He has been on my ignore list since.
    Someone over prices I just say ok and leave, they later come back wanting to accept your offer.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Encryptions; 03-21-2022 at 11:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Emailing the red balloon owners as well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pfizer For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,063 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pfizer View Post
    Emailing the red balloon owners as well.
    Yeah but nothing took place after except people telling me I should kill my self day after day, cursing me out, wising I was banned, saying they would kill me and do horrible things to my dead body and more. Still happens to this day even, but they make my ignore list counter go up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Just get one pcs of some popular item and wait until it gets hoarded ez

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,063 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uereazagr View Post
    Just get one pcs of some popular item and wait until it gets hoarded ez
    Heroic garlic ftw!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts

Not really merching tactics but it helps to:

- Have a supplier. Get a friend who's a plat spender and they'll usually be willing to sell you things in bulk at very reasonable prices.

- Screenshot prices of items you're interested in. Gives you a good idea of the average price, how low you should offer and the items demand e.g. someones listed a vanity weapon for the third time in auc, but because I've screenshoted it before, I know this is not the first time they've listed it, I now also know there's either not much demand for the item OR the price they've listed is just too high. Combine that with the fact that they've listed it multiple times I know they're MORE willing to let go of the item at a much much lower price.

The above failed for me with luminary and dusk auras though. I have some screenshots of when luminary aura was 32m, now it's..... Yeah. Anyway anyone wanna buy those screenshots as NFTs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Yeah but nothing took place after except people telling me I should kill my self day after day, cursing me out, wising I was banned, saying they would kill me and do horrible things to my dead body and more. Still happens to this day even, but they make my ignore list counter go up.

Always the victim xD

9. The Following User Says Thank You to swoutttt For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I never really tried merching before but maybe its because I don't have the capital to start with, and I always got the price wrong and end up being cussed haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

I bought items priced at 50m, listed at auction for 60m, then somebody told me to buy 55m, then he canceled the trade because he offered me a new 45m and at the end im tired and I trade it, I lost 5m+cs tax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,063 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by swoutttt View Post
    Always the victim xD
    You say that but you are one of the trash talkers, and if I was the victim why would I own up to my mistake? Your logic is invalid.
    Best part is you keep saying I don't own up to my mistake or say sorry to the community which I did in 2018 and you were the one to quote my posts to curse me out. I even posted screenshots like a year or 2 ago.
    Last edited by Encryptions; 03-22-2022 at 05:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gnozzie View Post
    I never really tried merching before but maybe its because I don't have the capital to start with, and I always got the price wrong and end up being cussed haha
    I first started with 100k.....by the end of the first year i made 120m alone in merching/investing/hoarding.....its not that you can only get your items for cheap in town...if you scroll auction diligently there must be a lucky time when you got something for a really cheap price....and alot before buy an item you need to know the prices or ask someone/friends/guildies for the price as they can help you making decision...dont just staright away buy an item when you see they type “Sell Bla Bla Bla Rush” cuz sometime the price they gave is even higher than normal price

Examples of items to hoard is Red Egg....i watched Encryptions video at that time that say its good to hoard red egg and so i hoard 50-60k Pieces of red egg and easily made 80-100m profit from buying it for 700-800 gold each during the event in auction....and sell for 2.5-3k each few months later :>

One of the other thing worth investing is definitely vanities....some ppl might say/type this in town “Buy All Rush/Merch No Vanities”
    In my experience of (investing/buying for cheap) vanities are the best of the best just because it keeps rising each months/year you just have to select the right one and what are in demand....i have many example od vanity i invested and sold for double/triple or sometimes 5-10x higher than price i bought it for

Merching is not just about Lowballing ppl even tho i do admit some merchant do lowball ppl but there are some that are offering fair enough and have succeed till now

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AucResearcher For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

In your experience, what is the best way to merch if only playing like an hour a day?

When I think of merching, I think of sitting in towne all day trying to sell/buy.

The only thing that comes to mind is using discord to merch but if that were effective, people wouldnt stand around so long in townes.

I think you mentioned buying event items and then selling them later when they rise.
    Last edited by Vapourised; 03-22-2022 at 06:01 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Since the subject has been the economy lately, leave some of your interesting stories / tacticts you have encountered / used.
    One of my tactics is to browse the auction very oftenly, this allows me to learn prices at an easier rate and score some mega profits when someone lists an item cheap. I bought a terror blade in auction for 15m when it was worth 40m.
    Another tactic I have which I currently am doing is say if an item exists and you want it; you know its price down to the point. My case is heroic garlic, I have been hoarding this egg lately and right now its listed for 43m in the auc but when I go to purchase one in the towns of arlor people will say offer and I will offer 40m. They want 42m so I decline knowing for a fact they will later get tired of trying to sell the egg for 42 because it won't sell for 42 and so they will go to me to sell it for 40. Happens all the time.
    What I hate about buying items, I go to purchase an item worth maybe 1m for 850k and the seller is like "you are rich do 2m". Just because someone is "rich" doesn't mean they should pay more.
    I don't remember stories of my purchases much since I don't lowball or get into conflicts with people for overpricing because I just say ok and leave. Except the time I was working on making a video of opening 999x elite gold warchest iii and the problem was obtaining the chests at the correct price. I noticed one guy by the name of "Hiaxiseey" was selling like hundreds of these chests in the auction for 2x their normal price. So logically I pm him to buy them all at their normal price and this dude goes into his mental mode and goes on blast cursing me out. He later is kicked from the guilds he joins for cursing, he joins my guild and I instantly kick him. He has been on my ignore list since.
    Someone over prices I just say ok and leave, they later come back wanting to accept your offer.

I do the same by browsing auction very often, but I always doubt myself 'cause I'm not exactly sure of those item's prices, and most of the time I don't "merch" (buy) gears as they have the most confusing prices, and that's what am planning to do, at least hold 1 or 2 normal or H.Garlic and the same goes for Peylon artifacts they might go high up right when egghunt goes live.

Always the victim xD
    Was years ago and still can't move on? can't find the proper words but people like you are disgusting, I don't see the point of hating someone over and over, did they kill one of your love ones? come on dude grow up at least.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Corviss the Lich For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,063 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vapourised View Post
    In your experience, what is the best way to merch if only playing like an hour a day?

When I think of merching, I think of sitting in towne all day trying to sell/buy.
    Find specific items to hoard and watch the prices of those items over a span of a month to 4 months and watch them in the events they are useful in. Elite awakening gems is probably the best option right now if you can get them for 110k each and below, blue gems can be bought in awake event for 30k each. They stick at 40k+ each now, 10k doesn't sound big but do 10k times 5k gems.
    Vanities are a very hard thing to learn on what will go up, I scored some shots guessing the purple harbringer aura and some other vanity sets but never bought them.
    Eggs are very simple, arcanite sapphire is the only pet to have the dmg buff passive so I bought 2 for 60m ea sold 80m ea. I focus on heroic garlic, crit + dmg + 25haste is the most op war and mage pet to exist right now.
    Peylon is another shot to go after too, I haven't focused on buying many of them though.
    Last edited by Encryptions; 03-22-2022 at 06:05 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Find specific items to hoard and watch the prices of those items over a span of a month to 4 months and watch them in the events they are useful in. Elite awakening gems is probably the best option right now if you can get them for 110k each and below, blue gems can be bought in awake event for 30k each. They stick at 40k+ each now, 10k doesn't sound big but do 10k times 5k gems.
    Vanities are a very hard thing to learn on what will go up, I scored some shots guessing the purple harbringer aura and some other vanity sets but never bought them.
    Eggs are very simple, arcanite sapphire is the only pet to have the dmg buff passive so I bought 2 for 60m ea sold 80m ea. I focus on heroic garlic, crit + dmg + 25haste is the most op war and mage pet to exist right now.

I've never thought of it like that! An eye opener.

When I merched, I always did expensive items hoping to score big profits e.g. 1b item, hoping to sell for 1.4b and get huge profit but it has tons of downsides.

I think ur way is defo more successful and I look forward to trying it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Corviss the Lich View Post
    I do the same by browsing auction very often, but I always doubt myself 'cause I'm not exactly sure of those item's prices, and most of the time I don't "merch" (buy) gears as they have the most confusing prices, and that's what am planning to do, at least hold 1 or 2 normal or H.Garlic and the same goes for Peylon artifacts they might go high up right when egghunt goes live.

Was years ago and still can't move on? can't find the proper words but people like you are disgusting, I don't see the point of hating someone over and over, did they kill one of your love ones? come on dude grow up at least.
    Oow I brought it up now? I'm just replying to his comment. Never he says yeah it was stupid of me, always highlighting he was such a victim.
    I get for some it's hard to read and understand. You will get there one day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Oow I brought it up now? I'm just replying to his comment. Never he says yeah it was stupid of me, always highlighting he was such a victim.
    I get for some it's hard to read and understand. You will get there one day.
    Did I mentioned who brought it up? I only said you guys can't move on from that issue, it seems there's something troubling you to read and understand. You'll get there one day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

Some dogs will chew on a rock and swear its a bone lol
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,063 Posts

Hi "Limoen" from AL. Ty for your input.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

I think it's too personal guys, I hope we have a limit, encrypt is a human too, have we never made a mistake in our lives?