Thread: A Guide to lvl 55/56 Int Bird PvP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Default A Guide to lvl 55/56 Int Bird PvP

Hello! This is my guide for lvl 55/56 int bird pvp. Also keep in mind, the int bird isn't the best class for an ffa. Also, when starting an int bird, ignore discouragement. This is also the first guide I've ever made so it's not gonna be perfect >.< Well let's get started!

Attribute arrangement:
    Str- 120
    Int- 120
    Dex- All remaining points

Gear:*
    Enchanted Gemstone Staff Set
    Enchanted Gemstone Wand Set
    Dodge face (Canary/Penguin)
    Any ring that you can use and has crit and armor

Skills:
    6- Blast shot
    1- Avian scream
    6- Root thorn
    6- Focus
    0- Meditation
    6- Restore
    6- Evasion
    6- Break armor (if lvl 55, use 5 break armor)
    6- Shattering scream
    6- Repulse
    6- Blinding shot
    0- Thorn Wall

Fighting Others:

The Mage

Int Mage: (try staff set first)

Strategy- First let the Mage shield (if it doesn't, either keep out of range until it does or just shoot off any high damaging skills really fast). If the Mage shields, blast and repulse quickly to take out shield and get away. If you are iced, use avian scream (if avian screams doesn't work, just send a hail of skills once the Mage gets in range. Should kill unless they fire, then you're probably screwed). Wait for blast and repulse to cool-down and then attack with blast, root, blind, and then anything else. At this point either you or the Mage have died. Heal when you need to.

Strategy- (note that this is very risky and works best on staff Mage) Wait for Mage to shield. When it does, blast, root, shat scream, blind, break armor, and repulse. You may need to dodge a few times. You probably won't have time to heal.

Dex mages: (try staff set first)

Recurve/normal range bows-*

Strategy- Pretty much same strategy as int Mage.

Autobows- (try staff first)
    TRY TO NOT GET FROZEN AT ALL

Strategy- After you are both buffed up, just stay still and let the Mage come to you (assuming y'all buff out of range of each other of course). Do not go to the Mage because you will be kited easily. When the Mage seems to be getting within range with the autobow, run toward to Mage using blast, root, blind, repulse, and anything else if it's still alive. The reason for staying put is because someone has to move and when they're walking toward you, you can walk toward them making your collision 2x as fast, which will reduce the chance of you getting kited.

Str Mage- (staff set only)*
    Author's note: The pally may be one of the toughest classes an int bird can fight due to it's armor and healing.*If the mage shields, DON'T BREAK IT! Unless it is a Fury Pally, then of course you would have to break it.

Strategy- If the pally hasn't shielded yet use, break armor, root, shat scream, blast, blind, and repulse. Do not blast when shield is up. Instead use as many skills as you can to take out mana. (most pallys shield when they lose armor buff. Take that chance!) If the fight is lasting a long time, you could always use late buffs. Just use evasion and casually attack until you are sure the armor buff is gone. Then you use focus and kill the pally ( usually works. If it doesn't and you're getting bored, you can just "let" yourself die)

The Bird

Dex bird: (staff and wand sets both work well)*
    Author's note: The wand set is good for rushing in and using a combo.*The staff set is good for hit-and-run tactics. The wand set is better for birds that kite.

Strategy- (the staff) Try to stay at the tip of your staff's range. Don't get too close to opponent. One of my habits are repulsing, running while opponent wastes skills, and strike. Use hit-and-run tactic. A good combo for this is blast, root, repulse. If they dodge those and root you, just spam skills cause if you're gonna die, you might as well go down trying. Heal when you need to.

Strategy- (wand set) pretty simple here. Buff, break armor, root, shat scream, blast, and anything else. If you both survive somehow and get out of eachother's range, just heal, rinse and repeat. If you get rooted, do the same thing as strategy 1 says to do.

Str bird: (staff set works better)*
    Author's note: If fighting a Fortified bird, the chances of you winning aren't really high.

Strategy- Try to root them and not be rooted yourself. Use repulse to stay out of their range. Use cruel blast combo when they are rooted. Use other skills anyway you want. A good way to start a fight is a successful repulse to them.*

Int Bird: (use whatever set you want)

Strategy- To find out how to beat this class is to find out for yourself! Become an int bird and see what kind of attack will kill you.*

The Bear

Author's note: The str dodge bear is also a very hard class to fight.

Str Bear: (staff sets)
    Dodge Bears

Strategy- Don't let a bear lure you to an edge (if you are in a map like Tiny Tombs....Well goodluck). Try to avoid getting into beckon range and be sure to get your combos in. Repulse is extremely useful. Heal when you need to.

Non-dodge bears (aka most likely an inexperienced bear player from what I've seen)

Strategy: Use any combo that includes Cruel Blast in it. Most of these bears are great for practicing combos. However, not all dodge bears are easy to kill.

Dex Bear: (wand or staff)
    Dodging Bear

Strategy- All you can do is root and dodge. Although, constantly use skills. Don't worry about combos because it's likely it would take at least 5 tries to get a successful combo. And you'd be dead by then.

Non-Dodging Bears

Strategy- Just get combos in like a regular dex bird would.

Int Bear

Strategy- never fought one but I'd fight it as a non-dodge dex bear

As I have said, this is my first guide I have ever made for PL, so please offer constructive criticism. Also, I made this guide in hopes that more int birds will populate pvp.*

P.S. I typed this like at 11pm on my iPod so there may be some major errors.
    Last edited by Piosidon; 07-08-2012 at 08:55 AM.

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>