Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M6 APs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Default M6 APs

When I first talked about this, I was met with lots of "You only want them changed cuz you are lazy", "Play with seasonals", "If it was easy, all players would be in LB". Well, now that I have maxed my APs "the hard way", I wanna touch on this topic again.

There's no real way to finish these APs alone. It requires a full party with atleast 3 holders. Its nearly impossible to find players who wanna do these APs, and even more difficult to find players with holders. Not even seasonals wanna run them. If you look at the seasonal lb for this season, you'll see only 2 players finished this APs

I made a thread seeking people to farm M6 aps with. While I got many replies, none of them actually played even once with me. Mainly, due to time-zone differences.

Its not about easy or hard, its about being able to do them alone in a reasonable time. With my gears, in a party, I averaged 1 boss per 2 min. But when i did it alone, it took me 15min to do 1 boss. You see the absurd disparity? There shouldn't be this much of a difference doing APs alone compared to doing in a party. Doing solo should take like 1 or 2 min more, not 12 more minutes per boss!

You shouldn't have to beg your entire friend's list to run with you to finish the APs.

I am not sure if there's a way to fix this problem. No matter how you look at it, running with a party will always be 10x better due to being able to get 4 m6 maps out of 1 m5 map. But I will propose something that will atleast easen up the burden on someone looking to get this APs done.

I'd like to propose that m6 pass to be purchasable for 100k gold each. It will cost 100m to finish these APs alone then but 75 heroics cost about the same, but atleast they will be do-able. And if running with a party, it will only cost 25m per player. So in the end, its still better to run with a party, but you dont have to desperately look for people if u have the budget.

Cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

+1 except the price I think it should be higher than 100k, somewhere between 175k to 200k

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Being able to purchase the m5 passes for gold would be nice to have. Great gold sink for us all to have.
    You have asked me many times to do m6 runs in game but I have been so busy irl that I rarely even get 2-5hrs a week to play AL.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

Some apps aren’t made to be solo’d so I’d be against making this one easier
    & that was before we had 81 myth sets so now it’s even easier
    Also apps aren’t a necessary part of the game

But I do like the idea of gold for a pass
    We need gold sinks
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Undershooting View Post
    +1 except the price I think it should be higher than 100k, somewhere between 175k to 200k
    It's an M6 Pass, not an M5 pass. Meaning you can't duplicate 4 maps out of this. So 100k for 1 map is reasonable.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    Some apps aren’t made to be solo’d so I’d be against making this one easier
    & that was before we had 81 myth sets so now it’s even easier
    Also apps aren’t a necessary part of the game

But I do like the idea of gold for a pass
    We need gold sinks
    If APs aren't made to be solo'd, then STS should make the map alive, no?

I mentioned it's a dead map, and it's very hard to find players to play the aps with, and even harder to find people with holders.

I like playing with parties, and I finished 1k bosses while playing in parties. It took me a lot of begging and frustration to find players to run with.

Again, I am not sure if you have played this APs before. It is possible to get 4 m6 maps out of 1 m5 map. Therefore playing in a party is always better, but the odds of finding a party is ultra low.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Being able to purchase the m5 passes for gold would be nice to have. Great gold sink for us all to have.
    You have asked me many times to do m6 runs in game but I have been so busy irl that I rarely even get 2-5hrs a week to play AL.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
    Instead you have 10-20+ hours a week to post gibberish on forums?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chopx View Post
    Instead you have 10-20+ hours a week to post gibberish on forums?
    Yes. But if you had common sense; you would know I can be on my phone at work any time I want. Just not for long periods of time, it takes like 2 minutes to type 100+ words.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

+1 from me!
    YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/marsu4u

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ploid View Post
    When I first talked about this, I was met with lots of "You only want them changed cuz you are lazy", "Play with seasonals", "If it was easy, all players would be in LB". Well, now that I have maxed my APs "the hard way", I wanna touch on this topic again.

There's no real way to finish these APs alone. It requires a full party with atleast 3 holders. Its nearly impossible to find players who wanna do these APs, and even more difficult to find players with holders. Not even seasonals wanna run them. If you look at the seasonal lb for this season, you'll see only 2 players finished this APs

I made a thread seeking people to farm M6 aps with. While I got many replies, none of them actually played even once with me. Mainly, due to time-zone differences.

Its not about easy or hard, its about being able to do them alone in a reasonable time. With my gears, in a party, I averaged 1 boss per 2 min. But when i did it alone, it took me 15min to do 1 boss. You see the absurd disparity? There shouldn't be this much of a difference doing APs alone compared to doing in a party. Doing solo should take like 1 or 2 min more, not 12 more minutes per boss!

You shouldn't have to beg your entire friend's list to run with you to finish the APs.

I am not sure if there's a way to fix this problem. No matter how you look at it, running with a party will always be 10x better due to being able to get 4 m6 maps out of 1 m5 map. But I will propose something that will atleast easen up the burden on someone looking to get this APs done.

I'd like to propose that m6 pass to be purchasable for 100k gold each. It will cost 100m to finish these APs alone then but 75 heroics cost about the same, but atleast they will be do-able. And if running with a party, it will only cost 25m per player. So in the end, its still better to run with a party, but you dont have to desperately look for people if u have the budget.

Cheers
    +1 great idea for the simple fact that it would add another gold sink to the game. Honestly I feel like the biggest barrier to people doing Maus aps is the plat wall. Nobody wants to farm all the way from Maus 1, they would rather spend plat. But tbh, most people would rather not do it at all than spend plat.

But spending gold? There would almost undoubtedly be more people willing to spend gold to work on the APS than to spend plat or farm from Maus 1.

I feel like it should still be an M5 pass tho. Yah it's kinda silly what you have to do with the holders, but there has never been an M6 pass and I feel like this would be a bit too much of a change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post
    +1 great idea for the simple fact that it would add another gold sink to the game. Honestly I feel like the biggest barrier to people doing Maus aps is the plat wall. Nobody wants to farm all the way from Maus 1, they would rather spend plat. But tbh, most people would rather not do it at all than spend plat.

But spending gold? There would almost undoubtedly be more people willing to spend gold to work on the APS than to spend plat or farm from Maus 1.

I feel like it should still be an M5 pass tho. Yah it's kinda silly what you have to do with the holders, but there has never been an M6 pass and I feel like this would be a bit too much of a change.
    The biggest barrier is not the plats, it's the need for a full pt with holders.

As I ran the aps, all my party members were willing to climb from m1 to m5.

If it was to be an m5 pass, it wouldn't solve the fundamental issue with the map. You'll still be looking for full party to let you access 4 m6 maps.

And honestly, climbing from m1 to m5 takes less than 3 min in a party.

And if it were to be an m5 pass, it would cause 4x less gold sink. Cuz for 100k you'd be able to get 4 m6 maps!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

If APs aren't made to be solo'd, then STS should make the map alive, no?

I mentioned it's a dead map, and it's very hard to find players to play the aps with, and even harder to find people with holders.

I like playing with parties, and I finished 1k bosses while playing in parties. It took me a lot of begging and frustration to find players to run with.

Again, I am not sure if you have played this APs before. It is possible to get 4 m6 maps out of 1 m5 map. Therefore playing in a party is always better, but the odds of finding a party is ultra low.

But why only focus on that one map?
    The same could be said for evg apps & pretty much all maps

& yeah I finished apps there also
    It is a fond memory making friends, making a holder, finally accomplishing it
    & I’m generally antisocial lol
    Suentous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

But why only focus on that one map?
    The same could be said for evg apps & pretty much all maps

& yeah I finished apps there also
    It is a fond memory making friends, making a holder, finally accomplishing it
    & I’m generally antisocial lol
    All other maps can be solo'd.

And it's easy to find people to play EVG with cuz many run there for the EVG lb. As long as you have good gears, you'll be able to find people to finish EVG APs with.

But it's ultra hard to find people to finish m6 aps.

Focusing on this one map bcuz it's easy to solo all other APs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

The biggest barrier is not the plats, it's the need for a full pt with holders.

As I ran the aps, all my party members were willing to climb from m1 to m5.

If it was to be an m5 pass, it wouldn't solve the fundamental issue with the map. You'll still be looking for full party to let you access 4 m6 maps.

And honestly, climbing from m1 to m5 takes less than 3 min in a party.

So you think people would be willing to pay 100k for one map of M6. But if they have to pay 100k for M5, then nobody is willing to do it unless they have a holder? I disagree with that. If people are willing to pay 100k for just one M6, it should only take an extra 45 seconds to run M5-M6 without holders so I disagree about needing an M6 pass specificially.

The biggest barrier to getting any change it all is going to be players like above saying "don't make it easier" and I feel like an M6 pass for gold is far less likely to be implemented than an M5 pass because of this reason. And the gold sink is just an added value, not the main goal, so it's fine if its less.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post
    So you think people would be willing to pay 100k for one map of M6. But if they have to pay 100k for M5, then nobody is willing to do it unless they have a holder? I disagree with that. If people are willing to pay 100k for just one M6, it should only take an extra 45 seconds to run M5-M6 without holders so I disagree about needing an M6 pass specificially.

The biggest barrier to getting any change it all is going to be players like above saying "don't make it easier" and I feel like an M6 pass for gold is far less likely to be implemented than an M5 pass because of this reason. And the gold sink is just an added value, not the main goal, so it's fine if its less.
    You have a good point.

M5 pass for 100k would be fine, but it would next to nothing when it comes to gold sink.

Cuz if playing a in a pt, 1 m5 pass will give 4 m6 maps.

That means it's 25k per m6 map. And if everyone in the party takes turn with their m5 pass, then it would be 6.25k per m6 map for per person.

The average gold made by killing the aps boss alone is higher than the sink.

So if it were to be an m5 pass for 100k, people would definitely be making A LOT more gold than losing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

All other maps can be solo'd.

And it's easy to find people to play EVG with cuz many run there for the EVG lb. As long as you have good gears, you'll be able to find people to finish EVG APs with.

But it's ultra hard to find people to finish m6 aps.

Focusing on this one map bcuz it's easy to solo all other APs

I can solo maus w new gear, but yeah would take forever alone
    But
    Again not all apps are meant to be solo’d ex: pants down & the new Corvus app

We’ve already lost class balance, wouldn’t like to see things be tailored for solo
    No need to loose the multiplayer aspect imho

Btw I don’t mean to always be disagreeing w u if it seems so lol tc
    Last edited by Stephencobear; 03-27-2022 at 07:06 PM.
    Suentous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

I can solo maus w new gear, but yeah would take forever alone
    But
    Again not all apps are meant to be solo’d exants down & the new Corvus app

We’ve already lost class balance, wouldn’t like to see things be tailored for solo
    No need to loose the multiplayer aspect imho

Btw I don’t mean to always be disagreeing w u if it seems so lol tc
    Nah it's not that. Totem and Pantsless APs is just a one time thing, so u can easily ask ur friends or guildies to get them done.

1k bosses is a whole lot different tho x_x

It's a dead map, and unfortunately it's nearly impossible to find a party to finish the aps.

All other 1k bosses aps are solo-able, just this one isn't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

Nah it's not that. Totem and Pantsless APs is just a one time thing, so u can easily ask ur friends or guildies to get them done.

1k bosses is a whole lot different tho x_x

It's a dead map, and unfortunately it's nearly impossible to find a party to finish the aps.

All other 1k bosses aps are solo-able, just this one isn't.

Yeah it’s different, & again, unnecessary imho

The part about tailoring the game for single player I’m still against
    If an antisocial person who works full time can do it, it’s doable lol

&again I’m down w the general gold sink/pass idea
    I think some version of that is possible
    Suentous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

You have a good point.

M5 pass for 100k would be fine, but it would next to nothing when it comes to gold sink.

Cuz if playing a in a pt, 1 m5 pass will give 4 m6 maps.

That means it's 25k per m6 map. And if everyone in the party takes turn with their m5 pass, then it would be 6.25k per m6 map for per person.

The average gold made by killing the aps boss alone is higher than the sink.

So if it were to be an m5 pass for 100k, people would definitely be making A LOT more gold than losing.

yah that's a good point about the gold. Maybe 200k or 250k would be more appropriate?

Altho it could be possible that if you left it at 100k, there would be more people running even without holders so the gold balance might not be so bad.

Btw I just wanted to make it clear, I agree with you that an M6 pass would be better for the players. I was just trying to look at it from the devs perspective. There is already precedent for an M5 pass, so making a new one with a different currency isn't much of a stretch, but an M6 pass would be a new thing never in the game before and they could be less willing to make a change like that.
    Last edited by Lawpvp; 03-27-2022 at 08:21 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Lawpvp For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Why not have the m6 passes purchasable via somberholt tokens?

Also making the passes tradeable would have people either farming maus to make cash and people can still get access to passes without the need of plats.

I still need to finish this AP and I don't agree with making it easier however the idea of tradable passes and being able to buy them with tokens that can also be farmed seems more like an overall win no?

1 <3
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord