Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    317 Posts

Default Jblazer's Guide to avoiding scam attempts

Definition of scam (n)
    Bing Dictionary
    scam[ skam ]
    dishonest scheme: a scheme for making money by dishonest means
    trick somebody: to obtain money or other goods from somebody by dishonest means

What are some types of common scams?

1. " I can double your money/or item with my star legends hack"
    This is a scam that has been commonly used in almost all MMO's. Keep in mind that for the most part, STS games are solid and most likely will not be hacked.

2. "If you give me your account info I can buy you some platinum "
    Honestly, I dunno how you could fall for this one...sorry.

3. Fake Accounts.
    A lot of people try to do this. Obvious signs of a fake are low levels, and noob gear. If they claim to be someone they are not, atleast ask them to log on to who they claim their "main" is.

4. Guild Scamming.
    This applies to those of you who start up a guild and do not have the platinum to buy the tier you want. So you decide you will pay 100k or so for someone to upgrade for you. Now honestly, this isn't a VERY common scam. Only because there is hardly any profit if not none from the scammer.

5. Borrowing Items.
    I personally have let friends borrow some weapons such as the napalm. I don't suggest doing this unless you know the person irl. It is a common scam and easy to avoid.

There probably are more types of scams that are happening at this time, as SL is being highly populated with scammers. I will glady update this thread whenever I see somebody doing a scam technique not listed above. Have a good day and remember to be careful

Wow lol. I failed on this thread. I forgot all about account trading!

6. Account Buying/Trading
    Nowadays you will not go through Blackstar without seeing somebody trying to buy or sell an account.
    Most people buy accounts to get the exclusive vanities they cannot get anymore. Stay away from these
    types of trades. Trust me, I know the temptation, but try to stay away from it. It will commonly result in scam. And most of you already know that.
    Last edited by Jblazer; 09-26-2014 at 09:15 PM.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Jblazer For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    317 Posts

I'll be making another in a couple days.
    @Aaroniero thanks for giving me a thanks!Good to know you appreciate it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jblazer For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Default .

This stuff "should" be common sense to the normal player. But even so, good job.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

Good job JBlazer :-) But I recommend you take the two scammers names of your guide, to follow procedure of the don't name and shame lol

But I'm glad you made this guide, as it will hopefully help those players who are likely to fall for these scams.

Good Job :-)
    "Still Retired but casually dueling in PvP from Time to Time"
    EXTREME BOSS SLAYERS Are Back!
    Wanting a signature? Send me a Pm (SL credits only)

Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jblazer View Post
    He guys!I decided to make a guide on how to avoid scam attempts.As you may know the only way you get scammed is if you fall for there plan.Here are some scams that I've heard and seen myself.(I have not feel for any of them though)

1.If you see someone say they can double you're money,just ignore them or report.
    2.If someone offers to buy you platinum they are going to attempt to get you're account.
    3.If someone random that is not you're VERY GOOD friend,and asks to borrow something and they will pay you back,it is most likely a scam.
    Just overall if anyone needs you're account info to do something for you it is a scam.
    Don't fall for these scams.These are just the most common scam attempts.There may be more but if they are similar to these it is just a scam.

Scams are never a good experience.I'm happy for those who read this,I hope it has helped.I will be doing more mini guides in the future.STS is a great community,but there's always the people who want what they want when they want!This thread is to prevent these scams.

Let's get these people to learn there lesson.Most of us know that earning money,and leveling up isn't always easy.But scamming with not get you anywhere.It will get you hated and banned.When you think about it you know that you may have got what you wanted,but it ended up bad in you're direction.

Here are the names of two scammers you may see,Dezzyt and Sevo.If you see this people attempting any of these I have said make sure you get these people reported.Together we can stop a huge amount of scams.

Thanks for reading everyone!

Hopefully this benefited you.

~Jblazer~

@Samhayne-Can this thread get transferred to the Player Guides section?Thanks,I wasn't able to make this thread there.

Hope it helped guys!See you guys around!
    Good guide!
    But op can you plz remove the scammers' names to prevent flaming?
    Thanks.

Sent from my LT26a using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Nice job on taking the time to do this.
    But alot is common sense like above posted. Sometimes players just dont pay attention and lose it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to *Zero* For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

He guys!I decided to make a guide on how to avoid scam attempts.As you may know the only way you get scammed is if you fall for there plan.Here are some scams that I've heard and seen myself.(I have not feel for any of them though)

1.If you see someone say they can double you're money,just ignore them or report.
    2.If someone offers to buy you platinum they are going to attempt to get you're account.
    3.If someone random that is not you're VERY GOOD friend,and asks to borrow something and they will pay you back,it is most likely a scam.
    Just overall if anyone needs you're account info to do something for you it is a scam.
    Don't fall for these scams.These are just the most common scam attempts.There may be more but if they are similar to these it is just a scam.

Scams are never a good experience.I'm happy for those who read this,I hope it has helped.I will be doing more mini guides in the future.STS is a great community,but there's always the people who want what they want when they want!This thread is to prevent these scams.

Let's get these people to learn there lesson.Most of us know that earning money,and leveling up isn't always easy.But scamming with not get you anywhere.It will get you hated and banned.When you think about it you know that you may have got what you wanted,but it ended up bad in you're direction.

Here are the names of two scammers you may see,Dezzyt and Sevo.If you see this people attempting any of these I have said make sure you get these people reported.Together we can stop a huge amount of scams.

~Jblazer~

@Samhayne-Can this thread get transferred to the Player Guides section?Thanks,I wasn't able to make this thread there.

Please don't list names as said above. Only leads to flaming. Otherwise looks pretty good so far. Are you gonna keep updating this as you learn more different types of scams?
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

I hope he does, its a good guide. Unfortunately only 60% of SL population go on the forums. So its still a major problem.
    "Still Retired but casually dueling in PvP from Time to Time"
    EXTREME BOSS SLAYERS Are Back!
    Wanting a signature? Send me a Pm (SL credits only)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    317 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaonabiuibil View Post
    Please don't list names as said above. Only leads to flaming. Otherwise looks pretty good so far. Are you gonna keep updating this as you learn more different types of scams?
    I'll take off the names,sorry about that.And guys it is my first guide please don't take it hard on me.My next guides will be better.This is my first one.
    Last edited by Jblazer; 07-11-2012 at 11:52 AM.

Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

I'll take off the names,sorry about that.And guys it is my first guide please don't take it hard on me.My next guides will be better.This is my first one.
    Nevertheless, keep up the good work!

Sent from my LT26a using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

read ToS bro, im sure it will help ya in your furter "mini" guides

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    317 Posts

Read it like 10 times lol.I'll re-read it again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

If you PM SamHayne the link to this thread, you can just ask him and he'll move it to the guide section within 1-3 days.

Also nice guide bro.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    317 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shaocalur View Post
    If you PM SamHayne the link to this thread, you can just ask him and he'll move it to the guide section within 1-3 days.

Also nice guide bro.
    Awesome,will do.Thanks bro!

And i'll make another guide I guess once I feel like the people who should read it have.

Like Zero said,Sometime players just don't pay attention and lose it.I guess this more of a "wake up call".Sometimes we may think we can outsmart them.But it's best we avoid them.
    Last edited by Jblazer; 07-11-2012 at 12:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

~Jblazer~

Or you could sum up the entire guide by saying one line. Anyone offering to do something against the ToS is a Scam nevertheless beside the grammar and minor technicalities good job.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    317 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kanozaki View Post
    Or you could sum up the entire guide by saying one line. Anyone offering to do something against the ToS is a Scam nevertheless good job.
    Lol,nah i'm good.

Sorry about the guide.I know it didn't benefit many of you.I promise my next guides will have more information,and I will take more time on it to make sure it can help you guys.Sorry about that.
    Last edited by Jblazer; 07-11-2012 at 05:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice guide

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Thanks for guide, now its hard to me get scammed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    317 Posts

Updated guide and cleaned it up a bit

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

I know a scamming technique I have seen around sl, they pretend to be not scammers so like you give them a mecha and say to them give it to my alt then u come on ur alt and they give it to u next time u give them an xray of something of a higher value and they scam you