Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: bring ads elixirs back

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,068 Posts

@nocturnes You act as if all rich players just started rich. I literally work 18+ hrs a day and still find time to play / have free time.
    This game is so easy man, compare it to dark souls or many other games that are actually really hard.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    You should stop looking only at yourself, what you just said is pretty silly.
    It is obvious that for players, already equipped and experienced, spending certain amounts of gold is a serious blow, but it does not affect them as much as it would seem. And they also don't have the need to use so many elixirs.
    But a new player, or player with little time in the game, how does he do it without investing in platinum?
    You need elixirs to level, luck to get items. Gold loot, forget it, specially because gold loot can only be used on new maps where you need equipment, there is no gold scale per map or level.
    Where do you get gold or equipment if you are at 0. Gear epic, rare and legendary, are completely useless.
    This is harmful for new players. Every day it becomes more difficult, items more expensive every day, because of so much inflation.
    The gaming experience for new players is really bad.
    Personally, if today I find this game and see how difficult it is to start with nothing, the next day I uninstall it, before thinking of spending a single penny of my money.
    Also, I've been playing hc for a long time, more than 1 year, and spent some plat in locked and elixirs and even so, I'm still a paper with legendary items. Hc is completely for plat user, but some of that is felt by new players.
    Truly amazes me how many times people use the "new players" cards again as though it represents the majority of active players.

Did you even check with your level 2 and other low levels character and compare the cost of those elixirs?

At level 2 - it costs 500gold
    At level 11 - it costs 7,000 gold
    At level 61 - it costs 20,000 gold
    At level 67 - it costs 30,000 gold

Those amount of gold can easily be obtained by running daily quests corresponding to their level. Don't generalize your own experience as if new payers uninstall the game the moment they saw the elixirs costing 500 gold at level 2 or 7,000 gold at level 11. If they did most daily quests, it's not as hard as you made it sound to be to get that amount of gold and I bet they won't even realise the usefulness of elixirs before they level up a bit and play higher level maps in which getting 20,000 gold at level 61 is pretty doable as opposed to trying to get 7000 gold at level 11. Further, not like new players even know elixirs exist, even with the tutorial at bracken ridge on elixirs bet they don't even know how to use it.

To be fair, encryption did have a point, the only useful Elixir especially for poorer players would be luck elixirs. And you expect newer players to be as active as older players as though they login everyday? Chances are high also they know shhet about the use of luck, they won't even be bothered to be dependent on it for making gold. Back when I was flithy poor all I was doing was grinding the daily boring quests everyday until I could afford lepre pendant much much later. Luck was completely out of the table before I had lepre to begin farming locks crates more productively.

You know what's the colder truth? New players don't grind as much as we used to, they BEG for gold in cities and towns more. So elixirs affecting new players? You gotta be kidding me here to even use this as an argument against Elixir costs.

Cz why? You know for slightly experienced but poorer players they surely can afford luck elixirs it's just the idea that who wants to spend gold when they get save it using free ads? But it is what it is. You wanna get something you gotta pay for it you pay it with your time (watching ads, doing daily quests) or gold or both.

If you want to propose to further reduce the cost of elixirs sure maybe half it again at levels from 61-81, but reintroducing video free ads again for people to exploit, a straight no.

Sent from my LIO-L29 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    @nocturnes You act as if all rich players just started rich. I literally work 18+ hrs a day and still find time to play / have free time.
    This game is so easy man, compare it to dark souls or many other games that are actually really hard.

Here the only one who always acts as if everyone has 100b and is overgear is you.
    Did you just start playing today?
    You started playing years ago, when the game was completely different, and you farmed your gold when the game was completely different.
    I also started playing some years ago, I have some items and gold, I will survive, and I could ignore every bad update but I give my opinion.
    I also see that you ignored every point I have mentioned.
    Let's not be hypocrites.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nocturnus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    Truly amazes me how many times people use the "new players" cards again as though it represents the majority of active players.

Did you even check with your level 2 and other low levels character and compare the cost of those elixirs?

At level 2 - it costs 500gold
    At level 11 - it costs 7,000 gold
    At level 61 - it costs 20,000 gold
    At level 67 - it costs 30,000 gold

Those amount of gold can easily be obtained by running daily quests corresponding to their level. Don't generalize your own experience as if new payers uninstall the game the moment they saw the elixirs costing 500 gold at level 2 or 7,000 gold at level 11. If they did most daily quests, it's not as hard as you made it sound to be to get that amount of gold and I bet they won't even realise the usefulness of elixirs before they level up a bit and play higher level maps in which getting 20,000 gold at level 61 is pretty doable as opposed to trying to get 7000 gold at level 11. Further, not like new players even know elixirs exist, even with the tutorial at bracken ridge on elixirs bet they don't even know how to use it.

To be fair, encryption did have a point, the only useful Elixir especially for poorer players would be luck elixirs. And you expect newer players to be as active as older players as though they login everyday? Chances are high also they know shhet about the use of luck, they won't even be bothered to be dependent on it for making gold. Back when I was flithy poor all I was doing was grinding the daily boring quests everyday until I could afford lepre pendant much much later. Luck was completely out of the table before I had lepre to begin farming locks crates more productively.

You know what's the colder truth? New players don't grind as much as we used to, they BEG for gold in cities and towns more. So elixirs affecting new players? You gotta be kidding me here to even use this as an argument against Elixir costs.

Cz why? You know for slightly experienced but poorer players they surely can afford luck elixirs it's just the idea that who wants to spend gold when they get save it using free ads? But it is what it is. You wanna get something you gotta pay for it you pay it with your time (watching ads, doing daily quests) or gold or both.

If you want to propose to further reduce the cost of elixirs sure maybe half it again at levels from 61-81, but reintroducing video free ads again for people to exploit, a straight no.

Sent from my LIO-L29 using Tapatalk
    I could list all the shortcomings of his speech, but I would prefer not to. I've seen how you then edit all your posts, so it's like debating against a wall.
    I also see that you ignored most of the points I made in my comment.
    As if a new player would only need gold for elixirs. It's not like they use just to name a few, pets or gear.
    They walk around naked maybe killing bosses. Now I understand the reason.
    Also i forget that you have no friends to invite to the game, guild mates, random friends from towns, who ask for advice.
    Would these be considered new players?
    Perhaps these players surely the first thing they do when they get to the game is to create a forum account.
    Just some random thoughts.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nocturnus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

I could list all the shortcomings of his speech, but I would prefer not to. I've seen how you then edit all your posts, so it's like debating against a wall.
    As if a new player would only need gold for elixirs. It's not like they use just to name a few, pets or gear.
    Also i forget that you have no friends to invite to the game, guild mates, random friends from towns, who ask for advice.
    Perhaps these players surely the first thing they do when they get to the game is to create a forum account.
    Only edit my post to either correct a pointed mistake or in the case where I missed out some points that I tot was important but didn't get a chance to especially when someone quote my original post faster than I could edit them.

Here, I have said eveything I needed to, so not going to edit them. I'm not commenting on hardcore because it's irrelevant for newer players. They can't even play normal well I don't expect them to wanna thrive in hardcore. I'm only replying to your comments on new players and how weak that argument is to use new players, could have been much more solid using poorer but slightly experienced players as they are the one who will feel the most impact relative to new players.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Dont blame me for all this lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    595 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tjsnake View Post
    I hope your banned ingame an soon here..
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Awwww you cant do anything awwww just cry and im still playing i can also tell u my ign no need for IP thing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

As someone whos playing on pc I'm happy to finally be able to use those elixirs without using plats.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

DonT BlAMe FoR alL oF ThIS

u are the guilty dude

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,068 Posts

"Hey guys I robbed a bank!! Heck yeah."
    *Police comes*
    "Hey guys I didn't rob this bank, I gotta go. Good luck on finding out who did it."
    It is completely obvious that reseting ads wasn't allowed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    "Hey guys I robbed a bank!! Heck yeah."
    *Police comes*
    "Hey guys I didn't rob this bank, I gotta go. Good luck on finding out who did it."
    It is completely obvious that reseting ads wasn't allowed.
    If the police wasnt good enough to protect bank what can i do? If they shut the bank whats my fault
    They should have tried to improve police

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,068 Posts

I literally have debunked this months ago in a video.
    If you are new then your #1 action is to lvl up to atleast 76. Once you are lv 76 you can normal zodias boss maps for gold but thats not your main path to go towards.
    Your main path is to farm events and focus on getting to 81, thing is you Do Not need any sort of gear to farm events. Follow people in events as they kill stuff in random runs. I can make 20m+ in easter event by running it completely naked.
    Don't believe me? You should, I say I can do crazy stuff all the time and prove it to be true in the end.
    6 months ago.
    https://youtu.be/Wu-GPp32GfU

Last edited by Encryptions; 04-08-2022 at 11:56 AM.

17.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #34
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,182 Posts

The video ads exploit was fixed. So that's a win.

We also added a much-needed good gold sink. This is another win considering inflation.

I know it's been mentioned, but again for those who haven't noticed: low-level characters pay way less gold for Elxiirs than endgame players do... and hardcore pay half the price of standard characters at every price tier.

I am very sorry for how this change has upset you, but I feel strongly that our solution is fair. As for bringing back video ad rewards, it's not going to happen. We cannot continue to support a reward system that can be exploited to such an extent. I do hope you understand :-)

Best wishes! Closing.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post: