Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 12th Birthday Wish List - TWINK PVP EDITION

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,157 Posts

Default 12th Birthday Wish List - TWINK PVP EDITION

TWINK PVP

We've made some significant changes to PvP recently and it's been a blast!

More changes are necessary. There's a ton of possibilities... so we need to make some choices.

Please respond with an idea that you think would improve low-level PvP.
    Provide as much detail as you think would be necessary for me to evaluate the feasibility of its implementation.
    I'll weigh in on the difficulty / feasibility and then we can vote on the thing (or things... being super optimistic) that will actually get done.

Watch the space below for more info.

#1 - The Thing That Shall Be - TBD

#2 - An unlikely change - TBD

#3 - A change more rare than those rare wings - TBD... but it shouldn't even be on this list
    Last edited by Cinco; 04-18-2022 at 02:03 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Think before 2012 forgotten items era. That was the golden era of pvp.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SillyJuan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I believe right now pvp would be better if we get a universal crit damage reduction mage crits are insanely high and breaks pvp i also believe that elite armors hp should be further reduced as well as the armor so that halloween helms and armors would still be able to compete I believe this will balance out the dmg done in twink and will cause more stable fights to where your opponent has a chance to actually comeback mages are way too tanky now with current armor or make elite armors have a class requirement
    Last edited by jixsaw; 04-07-2022 at 04:02 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jixsaw For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Guess I'll start this off.

#1 Adding Level 10-70 Halloween Bone Helmets, Bone Mantles, and Valentine level 10 Rings and Amulets into the store for permanent purchase. These items are going to be increasingly high in demand and since Hallows are discontinued while Valentines only come around yearly it will be pretty difficult to find them while having to deal with hoarders. These are very important items after all so we don't want a monopoly on PvP.

#1 Stat rework for Haunted and Elite gear. Level 20 and 50 Haunted weapons. Level 25 Elites and Level 50 QTRs. I'm willing to provide stats for these. Allowing me to provide the stats will keep them in use while also nerfing them enough to still be in the meta.

#2 Critical damage being nerfed to stop super crits, 300+, from being so common. PvP has become more too unstable thanks to the current crit damage percentage. Fights will end in single combos or have a attack deal a large % of your total HP that you can't recover from.

#2 Hit being buffed back go what they were pre 2016-2017 Christmas PvP changes.

#2 Mages officially being nerfed. Enchantress has gotten of scot-free for too long. They've dominated every since meta and PvP zone since 2016. I'd go as far to say mage has become the most broken class to ever exist in PL in its current state. More broken than birds during 76. More broken than bears during 2014 peak dodge era. PvP just isn't fun with them destroying every class headup. Nerfing their Critical Rate on Blessing of Might and their skill damage on drain, light, and fire is a start.

#2 Decrease total cost of plat needed to purchase plat sets back to normal 30/35. Plat sets were a staple part of OG PvP. They were the alternatives of the exclusive event items if you couldn't afford. Putting them back to 30/35 and dropping Plat based store items down to 10 plat would be appreciated by the community.

#2 Buffing Platinum Level 40 Wand 4pc Set, Fox 1 hand dagger set, Bears 2hand Set, and Archers Bow set's damage and armor would be great for bringing in more variety in 40 PvP.

#2 buff towards level 6 Archer skills. Skill damage on Blast and blind increased by 20 Points. Focus Hit and Crit increased from 26/26 to 32/32. Break Armor increased from 26/26 to 30/30. Blind Hit deduction increased from 30 to 45.

#3 Giving Quality a Guardian Of Alterra Shield.
    Last edited by MageFFA; 04-07-2022 at 05:37 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MageFFA For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MageFFA View Post
    Guess I'll start this off.

#1 Adding Level 10-70 Halloween Bone Helmets, Bone Mantles, and Valentine level 10 Rings and Amulets into the store for permanent purchase. These items are going to be increasingly high in demand and since Hallows are discontinued while Valentines only come around yearly it will be pretty difficult to find them while having to deal with hoarders. These are very important items after all so we don't want a monopoly on PvP.

#1 Stat rework for Haunted and Elite gear. Level 20 and 50 Haunted weapons. Level 25 Elites and Level 50 QTRs. I'm willing to provide stats for these. Allowing me to provide the stats will keep them in use while also nerfing them enough to still be in the meta.

#2 Critical damage being nerfed to stop super crits, 300+, from being so common. PvP has become more too unstable thanks to the current crit damage percentage. Fights will end in single combos or have a attack deal a large % of your total HP that you can't recover from.

#2 Hit being buffed back go what they were pre 2016-2017 Christmas PvP changes.

#2 Mages officially being nerfed. Enchantress has gotten of scot-free for too long. They've dominated every since meta and PvP zone since 2016. I'd go as far to say mage has become the most broken class to ever exist in PL in its current state. More broken than birds during 76. More broken than bears during 2014 peak dodge era. PvP just isn't fun with them destroying every class headup. Nerfing their Critical Rate on Blessing of Might and their skill damage on drain, light, and fire is a start.

#2 Decrease total cost of plat needed to purchase plat sets back to normal 30/35. Plat sets were a staple part of OG PvP. They were the alternatives of the exclusive event items if you couldn't afford. Putting them back to 30/35 and dropping Plat based store items down to 10 plat would be appreciated by the community.

#2 Buffing Platinum Level 40 Wand 4pc Set, Fox 1 hand dagger set, Bears 2hand Set, and Archers Bow set's damage and armor would be great for bringing in more variety in 40 PvP.

#2 buff towards level 6 Archer skills. Skill damage on Blast and blind increased by 20 Points. Focus Hit and Crit increased from 26/26 to 32/32. Break Armor increased from 26/26 to 30/30. Blind Hit deduction increased from 30 to 45.

#3 Giving Quality a Guardian Of Alterra Shield.
    I agree with all of this. I’d say L10 elite and legendary rings and amulets should be nerfed so they aren’t superior to their L25 counterpart.

And spare a GoA shield for Cakenuked too :P

I’d say priority wise:

Nerf the critical damage that exists at the moment to what it was before > nerf QTR and 25 elite armours further > nerf L10 valentine ring and ammy > buff bird as per mageffa suggestions and nerf mage.

So basically if I had to pick changes I really wanted, it’s a global critical damage reduction along with a smal bird buff and nerf of L10 valentine ring and ammy. Hopefully we can get hit% buffs across twink sets as well.

I forgot to mention! If the crit nerf proves difficult to implement and reverse it back to how it was exactly in the past, we could always have the L25-27 arena modifiers apply to specific level games e.g. every 5 lvls so L10,15,20, 25, L30,35,40,45,50,55,60,65,75 Any games hosted by a player of that lvl will have the dmg reduction that current L25-27 games have at the moment. Please if anyone reads this, let me know what you think!

I’ll provide more information on the specifics when I got more time.

Another thing to address are the valentine armours. At some lvls, they’re quite overpowered and need to be balanced.

Again I’ll suggest what these should be tomorrow.

One thing I’d like to draw attention to is the potential reason why critical damage is higher now. I think you said in discord that this happened because of basic character statistics formula being revised for honor pvp? The unintended consequences outside of honor would need to be fixed. I’ll try and thing of a way unless the dev team already has a solid idea on how to reverse it back.
    Last edited by Vapourised; 04-08-2022 at 06:33 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

#1 Nerf on: Level 10-50 Valentine items, mostly L10 Amulets&Rings.
    L20-50 Haunted weapons -> insane dmg especially the L20 ones in low pvp.
    Lowering Plat packs to cost of old ones - 30/35plat.
    Halloween Helmets being put into the store permanently -10plat each.
    Crits on every class being lowered.

#2 Buff on Rhinos and Birds -> Maybe on spells upgrade Level1-6.
    Old items Level 10-50 Paws & Reapers brought back since only 0.1% of all existing Is currently active ingame
    L25 Elite armors requiring 100 stats instead of 40 So people dont use str ones on mages.

#3 Twink PVP tournaments/events So people have something to play for like LB items for most kills a week (acc bound stuff like gladiator weapon for true pvpers)
    More pvp items being put in store

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaprodanej View Post
    #1 Nerf on: Level 10-50 Valentine items, mostly L10 Amulets&Rings.
    L20-50 Haunted weapons -> insane dmg especially the L20 ones in low pvp.
    Lowering Plat packs to cost of old ones - 30/35plat.
    Halloween Helmets being put into the store permanently -10plat each.
    Crits on every class being lowered.

#2 Buff on Rhinos and Birds -> Maybe on spells upgrade Level1-6.
    Old items Level 10-50 Paws & Reapers brought back since only 0.1% of all existing Is currently active ingame
    L25 Elite armors requiring 100 stats instead of 40 So people dont use str ones on mages.

#3 Twink PVP tournaments/events So people have something to play for like LB items for most kills a week (acc bound stuff like gladiator weapon for true pvpers)
    More pvp items being put in store
    I 100% agree with idea 1.

For idea 2, I think maybe reduce rhino’s stone skin buff cool down from 32.5 seconds to 27 seconds. Allow the skill redemption to guarantee health back upon combo. Fix the issue of brute force and vital force cancelling each other out. If you use vital force then brute force, you lose the dmg buff from vital while only keeping the crit and hit.

I think those buffs could help out rhino but the class isn’t in a bad spot atm. It’s just bad at L40 vs mages since they’re strong and tanky.

If a rhino buff was to happen, I think the suggestions I mention are solid without making the class broken but I’m open to criticism.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I've posted similar in another pvp thread, however.

1. Prevent enchants from being used within pvp.

2. Make all event gear in the lower levels similar stats to original in game gear, as a comparison, make L25 paw similar to L25 Crystal wand, make L25 halloween similar to L25 Crystal, do this for all lower gear, I'd say for all levels at 60 or below possibly, maybe a little higher.

3. Add platinum rings/necklaces to the store that give similar stats to the event ones, or have them be obtainable on regular bosses & rescale those items as they're a bit op.