Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drop rates of Ocean Blue Diamond

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper:709129
    Im hoping they add daily quests for them, like vampire silver and wood. That would suck for those trying to sell them for 1.5 million gold however, lol
    I like this idea...would be awesome.

If you know who the character is, this is his final Form!

Love it thanks MothWing!
    PL: Saool L76 Mage [Proud Officer of A.R.G.] Siejo's Secretary
    DL: Saool [Eternally Undead Officer of C.V.G.]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

There could be a quest where you must collect 50 boss kills from each boss and turn them in for an OBD, but only at regular dungeons do the boss kills count. >:D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Derp face... I sold one for like 450k...

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I really can't see an issue with the drop rate. I ran about 10 runs in normal Sandbar Lagoon last night. I got 1 OBD and saw 4 others drop. I was not using elixers, but had on Bigger luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trunzoc View Post
    I really can't see an issue with the drop rate. I ran about 10 runs in normal Sandbar Lagoon last night. I got 1 OBD and saw 4 others drop. I was not using elixers, but had on Bigger luck.
    some people are so lucky that way. Plus it is normal for them to have quests for components for components for crafting

Jugernuget:Guess: 576

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

MB isn't a gold mine. It's a gamble that doesn't always work out. I have a couple friends who capped like 4 times. I've spent a LOT there and have yet to make cap. I bet it sounds like agent rich sceeme if you haven't failed at it some.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I'm not sure of this but I think Techno mentioned that the Humania drop rate is still generally high even after the most recent nerf in Monster Bash drop rate. I cannot find the link though. I think we haven't seen the last drop rate nerf in Monster Bash...as a monster bash runner myself, I've already seen significant decline in activity compared to the first week of Humania Launch. It was only revived after the crafting patch arrived (panic farming), but MB runs should taper down again as time goes by...everyone runs out of platinum at one point Most hardcore platinum farmers who've been murdering MB since the launch are most likely tapping their reserves by now *cough*. Give it a couple more weeks, you'll see people going back to their "normal" PL lives...not by choice...lack of funding LOL.
    Last edited by vampinoy; 07-13-2012 at 05:31 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vampinoy View Post
    I'm not sure of this but I think Techno mentioned that the Humania drop rate is still generally high even after the most recent nerf in Monster Bash drop rate. I cannot find the link though. I think we haven't seen the last drop rate nerf in Monster Bash...as a monster bash runner myself, I've already seen significant decline in activity compared to the first week of Humania Launch. It was only revived after the crafting patch arrived (panic farming), but MB runs should taper down again as time goes by...everyone runs out of platinum at one point Most hardcore platinum farmers who've been murdering MB since the launch are most likely tapping their reserves by now *cough*. Give it a couple more weeks, you'll see people going back to their "normal" PL lives...not by choice...lack of funding LOL.
    Eh, the people who have money to spend on high cost/high yield runs like 4x monster bash with luck elixir make enough money to do it non-stop. Anybody who is willing to spend that much on plat has time that is worth much more than what they are spending. I used to run elixired non-stop and if I were interested in making more gold, I would be able to do MB runs as long as I want without ever running out of enough money to fund the plat. However, I have no need to try to make more gold, so I don't buy more plat to do MB runs.

Using hard numbers, let's say it costs 100 plat per hour to do MB runs with elixir and luck pot (I don't know exactly what the number is.) Buying the 2k plat packs at $90, means that they are spending $4.5/hour to play pocket legends. If you are a young professional with a decent job, like a programmer, or perhaps accountant or some other office job making between $50-80k/year you can easily fund that with no real life $$ problems for 2-4 hours a day without batting an eye. We readily drop $10 on movies, $5 on coffee, $100 on a nice steak dinner. Paying $4.5/hour (or whatever the number actually is) is a pittance for that entire category of people.

Like me, I think people will just stop when they have hit like 30-40M (or whatever they feel like would be a nice personal stash of extra gold).

There is definitely a huge and rapidly widening gap between those who have the money to spend on plat and those who do not. But I understand the "Free to play" model well enough that, it pretty much has to be this way for STS to make good money. You have to cater to those individuals that make you money, not the masses who do not. It just makes business sense.

Just like when flying in an airplane. The frequent fliers who have silver/gold/platinum status or those who buy business or first class airfare get AMAZING service. Everyone else just fills the plane and gets pretty crappy service. The people who make the business money will be catered to. Those who do not, will not.
    Last edited by kiitz; 07-13-2012 at 05:49 PM.
    Kiitz - Int/Dex Bear (66) || Kiitx - Dex Bird (66) || Kiitzx - Int/Dex Mage (66)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kiitz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

You are unlucky i looted 6 and sould for 1.1mil. Check cs they go for 1mil to 1.1mil so 7 should be like 7mil to 8mil at most.
    Lv76 Full Dex Bird Supernamek, Lv76 Full Int Nuke Mage Supersongokou, Lv76 Tank Bear Darkpiccolo, Lv76 Tank Support Rhino Darknamek, Lv76 Full Dex DOT Fox Kakkorot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

You guys are crazy. I can fund a whole year of World of Warcraft for what you guys are spending to get these drops.

Hit me with a PM if you want a RAF for WoW. I'll hook you up.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    PL ign: Yvonnel - 66 Enchantress / Yvonnela - 65 Archer / Yvonnelw - 55 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytar View Post
    I bought thrasher, removed the luck and bought Shamrick Elixer. And went in bash until my thrash ran out spent around 100
    Considered doing that, but it's 72 plat an hour from GH, 80 from store.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

The new sets are always around 10 mil when they first come out. I payed 8.5mil to craft an orlok set. Lol.
    gf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I find the Blue Diamond price and drop rate poor to say the least!
    I sold my sets as I got most of them as drops and will hold on to my 6-7 million gold.
    I will NOT pay 7 million to craft a set,It's ridiculous!
    A new campaign is months away,I'll wait until the price goes down,In the meantime my angel gear plus my C.O.P set bonus for armor is enough!
    Last edited by modredd; 07-13-2012 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Spelling

15. The Following User Says Thank You to modredd For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonnel View Post
    You guys are crazy. I can fund a whole year of World of Warcraft for what you guys are spending to get these drops.

If you are playing WoW, why are you even touching PL?! lol.
    I guess, unless you only play PL when you are away from your computer and traveling or in the car or something, but it would make no sense to play PL when you have WoW as an alternative.

I reason why I personally play PL over WoW is because WoW really becomes too indepth. I am too busy with work to attend scheduled raids or arrange times with 2 to 4 other people for arenas (also, it was way too addicting.)

PL sort of gives me the perfect balance of, a fun MMO, but light enough that you can pick it up and put it down anytime without getting too addicted or feeling like you are really falling behind all the others doing raids or pushing their arena rating.
    Kiitz - Int/Dex Bear (66) || Kiitx - Dex Bird (66) || Kiitzx - Int/Dex Mage (66)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by modredd View Post
    I find the Blue Diamond price and drop rate poor to say the least!
    I sold my sets as I got most of them as drops and will hold on to my 6-7 million gold.
    I will NOT pay 7 million to craft a set,It's ridiculous!
    A new campaign is months away,I'll wait until the price goes down,In the meantime my angel gear plus my C.O.P set bonus for armor is enough!

I would say the 1 really good thing they did for the players who were dedicated, but not necessarily plat rich was giving the Angel sets. They are more than good enough to do all the PvE in the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

its like crafting demonic.... 5 glyphic blade steel 350k each is like 1.5 mil alone and demonic cost 1m alone

Sometimes crafting is more expensive than just buying :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

First run in monster bash:

Host received: Humanian tiki trance bongo from boo gee
    You received: OCEAN BLUE DIAMOND from koko krunch...(sold for 1.1m)lol..
    PL:Xxkoopyxx~Xpertfarmer~Avianftw~Ithepvptwink~ Expertfarmer~Gratuity~Theaviantwink~Bearocalypsed~ Tehmagetwink~Tehbeartwink~Koopymerch+more AL:Thepvptwink~Xxkoopyxx~Ithepvptwink SL: Thepvptwink DL: Thepvptwink

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonnel View Post

Good luck playing WoW on the throne at work. Hey, I'm just saying what were all thinking

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Personally, I think drop rates are fine. And no, I didn't get a single ocean's diamond as drop (not in monster bash nor in regular runs).

If they make drop rates too high, everyone will have crafted sets in no time, and start complaining about how they have nothing to do anymore.

At least, that's my opinion about it.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Personally, I think drop rates are fine. And no, I didn't get a single ocean's diamond as drop (not in monster bash nor in regular runs).

If they make drop rates too high, everyone will have crafted sets in no time, and start complaining about how they have nothing to do anymore.

At least, that's my opinion about it.
    I agree. It should be difficult to obtain the best gear in game. If crafted Humania gear becomes as common as crafted orlok, I think I will go back to my original plan of trying to put together a demonic set.