Thread: Overthinking the myth set for war

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Default Overthinking the myth set for war

Hello. Before I start, I would like to clarify some things. Yes, I have tried both mythic weapons in PvE and PvP. Yes, I own a mythic 81 set.I have been a fan of neptaris since the start of expansion, never really liked polaris much.No, I have not tested both weapons in perfect conditions(yet top lbers for ekenta and rahabkor have, no wonder they all use polaris lol) Now, when I clarified some things, let me begin.
    There’s a major problem with mythic set for war, which causes 2 other problems(not being able to clear with 81 myth set and being really helpless in pvp)
    The major problem being one weapon completely outclassing another one(in perfect conditions).Of course, I think the polaris is better. Here is why, let’s compare them on 3 different bosses: rahabkor, ekenta and mecharydon(elite). The best boss for polaris is always mecharydon(small amount of damage needed), because you can easily take knock him down (to his immunity phase) instantly with enough damage, yet with neptaris you would need to waste time marking him and delivering more hits. And lets not forget about teammates, neptaris is usually too slow to have any impact with good team. Rahabkor(requires a moderate amount of damage). Here you could use neptaris to knock him down fast, yet with damage elixirs and good team you can still knock him down with one hit(with some help from team), also, polaris has a “character buff” proc, so you can kill the mini boss slime instantly and take the boss out much faster. Ekenta(big amounts of damage needed). Here, you thought neptaris has to be better since it deals more damage to single target, right? Wrong! For timed, you would rather stack polaris proc on mobs in the entrance, then run in, hit ekenta twice and let teammates finish it off.
    Here’s my point. There shouldn’t be two boss-oriented weapons for one class in current meta, especially if one outclasses another. My suggestion: either nerf polaris(make it deal less damage in a single tick) or rework neptaris: make it a mob clear weapon or a self-buff weapon— so war class actually becomes competitive in PvP with 81 myth set and won’t require a skull axe or TB to run PvE.
    Last edited by Uereazagr; 04-20-2022 at 01:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Im in all 3portals lb and war who runs with us using diffrent wep from your statemends. Try to swap nepta to polaris and polaris to nepta xD
    And simple if u cant clear with myth set just dont use it
    Ps. They not using myth set xd

Wysłane z mojego ASUS_I005DA przy użyciu Tapatalka
    Last edited by Nexior; 04-20-2022 at 01:33 PM.
    ign: NEXPL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nexior View Post
    Im in all 3portals lb and war who runs with us using diffrent wep from your statemends. Try to swap nepta to polaris and polaris to nepta xD
    And simple if u cant clear with myth set just dont use it
    Ps. They not using myth set xd

? Legolasn literally doesn’t own a neptaris

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uereazagr View Post
    ? Legolasn literally doesn’t own a neptaris
    4example Lego, ye you right legolasn poor asf xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

You missed my point I think nex. I was complaining about neptaris being pretty useless compared to polaris.Basically we can’t clear nor pvp with myth 81 just because devs released two weapons with a similar proc in one class

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

You missed my point I think nex. I was complaining about neptaris being pretty useless compared to polaris.Basically we can’t clear nor pvp with myth 81 just because devs released two weapons with a similar proc in one class
    They buffed nep a while ago decreasing its charge time. I think it's the same charge time as mari bow now, not sure but it makes the wep much easier to use.
    Last edited by Blessful; 04-21-2022 at 09:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Ok so , nepta on ekenta , polaris mecha , raha both works pretty good basicly all about what strategy u want.
    Ekenta- mage op asf, war neutral, rogue neutral
    Raha- war op asf,rogue op, mage neutral
    Mecha- rogue op asf,mage op asf, war neutral
    Thats mine experience so far

In fact war is cheapest class atm u should be happy

Last edited by Nexior; 04-21-2022 at 04:32 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Ok so , nepta on ekenta , polaris mecha , raha both works pretty good basicly all about what strategy u want.
    Ekenta- mage op asf, war neutral, rogue neutral
    Raha- war op asf,rogue op, mage neutral
    Mecha- rogue op asf,mage op asf, war neutral
    Thats mine experience so far

In fact war is cheapest class atm u should be happy

I just ask why do we have two boss-oriented weapons? The war is the only class that got discriminated in this expansion, both rogue and mage have diverse usage for their weapons…

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

I just ask why do we have two boss-oriented weapons? The war is the only class that got discriminated in this expansion, both rogue and mage have diverse usage for their weapons…
    Idk what about u talking even me like a mage using just gun on all 3portals( staff just on mobs ekenta)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I have vsed rogues in pvp, and both their weapons are really good and enjoyable to use(and annoying af to counter). With pisces you can play passive and nuke on sea power proc and opponent will basically not be able to protect himself against it because he’s trying to not die from bends… and with marianos you can just do crazy stuff like oneshot warriors with charged jug.. and us warriors get two useless weapons that rarely proc because of their mechanic, and when they do actually proc opponent just dodges it either manually or with a dodge %, and when proc actually lands it does basically nothing because it has weak damage so opponent just tanks it and kills you… you think thats okay?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

I have vsed rogues in pvp, and both their weapons are really good and enjoyable to use(and annoying af to counter). With pisces you can play passive and nuke on sea power proc and opponent will basically not be able to protect himself against it because he’s trying to not die from bends… and with marianos you can just do crazy stuff like oneshot warriors with charged jug.. and us warriors get two useless weapons that rarely proc because of their mechanic, and when they do actually proc opponent just dodges it either manually or with a dodge %, and when proc actually lands it does basically nothing because it has weak damage so opponent just tanks it and kills you… you think thats okay?
    Lets be honest end game pvp died long time ago(honor just active)
    And we spoke about pve
    Ofc it would be nice to have all weapons balanced to both game modes but common better focus pve if they dont have possibility to fix pvp. Pve playing more players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Lets be honest end game pvp died long time ago(honor just active)
    And we spoke about pve
    Ofc it would be nice to have all weapons balanced to both game modes but common better focus pve if they dont have possibility to fix pvp. Pve playing more players

My point still persists. You can’t do 81 pve solo as a warrior just because it requires a lot of time to clear stupid mobs either will skull axe or two by two with polaris

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

My point still persists. You can’t do 81 pve solo as a warrior just because it requires a lot of time to clear stupid mobs either will skull axe or two by two with polaris
    You can solo any map under 5mins as a war Including portal bosses .. (except elite raha)

iv never tried mythic set but I’m guessing its terrible to solo with since you don’t get any Armor procs.

Aegis works so well on mobs AND bosses.. builds ulti super fast with mobs as well. Aegis is very diverse in the right hands. If this was nerfed i honestly think war would be so painful to play. gl trying to proc that sword on bosses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blessful View Post
    You can solo any map under 5mins as a war Including portal bosses .. (except elite raha)

iv never tried mythic set but I’m guessing its terrible to solo with since you don’t get any Armor procs.

Aegis works so well on mobs AND bosses.. builds ulti super fast with mobs as well. Aegis is very diverse in the right hands. If this was nerfed i honestly think war would be so painful to play. gl trying to proc that sword on bosses.
    Looks like you edited your post. Yes 4/4 Mythic Set it does 1 Shot Mini-Bosses and depending on AA(I use Meph 99.9% of the time now) I'm using and sometimes but not always needed with VB...1-2 Shot Main Bosses. This was when I had 2.6K Str and 11.6K Damage. I haven't tested yet 2720 Str and 11.95K Damage. I don't own Legendary Set and never will the lack of Crit on it is ZZZ. I still use Terror Blade, Skull Axe and my 76 Arc Set for mobs with Ebon Armor and that's like 2.1K Str 30K HP 9.4K Damage 71% Crit.
    Last edited by Fearrr; 04-21-2022 at 09:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blessful View Post

You basically confirmed my point bro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I actually just got an idea how to balance it out nicely in PvE. You could reduce the tick damage on polaris and make normal and charge attacks do a “splash” AoE on proc — so it can actually clear mobs. That would fit the expansion theme too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

I actually just got an idea how to balance it out nicely in PvE. You could reduce the tick damage on polaris and make normal and charge attacks do a “splash” AoE on proc — so it can actually clear mobs. That would fit the expansion theme too
    But then again war cap , and no need other class bcs nepta still does huge boss dmg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

But then again war cap , and no need other class bcs nepta still does huge boss dmg

Idk about war cap because evg was actually 1 war and 3 mages, and sometimes rog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Idk about war cap because evg was actually 1 war and 3 mages, and sometimes rog
    Ye war doing solo every second wave idk why all Arlor saying 2years of War God era xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Ye war doing solo every second wave idk why all Arlor saying 2years of War God era xD

Still, war is very very strange in this meta… I hope cinco or asommers see this thread and figure something out with it