Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Van Drop Rates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

everyone has at least one full set of these vanities and alot of people have 2+ i have 6.... they drop to much enough said

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Agreed. They're meant to be casual drops for the new event. A reward for people who run the maps. If they were too hard to get, you'd all be whining about how you didn't get a certain part in time and the prices are too high in the auction.

What's the point of making tons of money anyways? Not like you can buy anything past a certain point to assist your gameplay.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flowman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flowman View Post
    Agreed. They're meant to be casual drops for the new event. A reward for people who run the maps. If they were too hard to get, you'd all be whining about how you didn't get a certain part in time and the prices are too high in the auction.

What's the point of making tons of money anyways? Not like you can buy anything past a certain point to assist your gameplay.
    agreed...lets just play and enjoy this event.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flowman View Post

QFT
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

It's awesome.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

First time I can actually get every new item I want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gassyllama View Post
    So with this logic you must have hated the chrome launch event with everyone having 2-3 jet packs.
    First off bud , jetpacks were purple just like pets so they drop more frequent. The only logic flawed here are the people thinking vanities are not ment to be rare .

Jumping through those holes in time and space
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    I made 100k fisrt 2hrs so i dunno why you all are trippin but i sold mine for 5-23k when they were new and others selling em for like 300k lol

Sent using spray paint from a "can"
    I didn't make a single credit from this event.

Let me explain the lateness of signatures with a page of my homework.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

I made 85k in the first 45 mins. and so far i've made about 105k from it. You all shoulda came when it started. A.K.A when the gettin' was good!

*i could've made over 300k, but i wanted to help out the people of SL*
    Last edited by Aracnus; 07-15-2012 at 09:09 PM.

~| SL: Sheriff - Burglar - Aracnus - Twink | PL: Excruciate | DL: Aracnus - Alarm | AL: Sacred - Slug |~

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gassyllama View Post
    Guys stop bad feedback on the high drop rates for UC gear, is it honestly that bad?

I havnt seen the SL community this active in a LONG time, and it's pretty cool seeing a ton of Marines running around Blackstar.

This event was obviously made to get the most amount of people playing and to give the most amount of fun.

I'm going to change it up and instead of telling STS what I don't like about the update, I'm gonna tell them I love it.

I love it.
    Maybe greedy people have run the game to the point that the color blue turns into "$" in their eyes, so they don't like the cheap prices

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aaroniero Arruruerie View Post
    Maybe greedy people have run the game to the point that the color blue turns into "$" in their eyes, so they don't like the cheap prices
    *Stares at the ocean* LOOK AT ALL THAT MONEY! Ha. JK.
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Default New Van Drop Rates

Agree 100%! The drop rates are perfectly fine! Yes lots of people get more than 1, 2, 3, etc of each items! But so what?

Me and Dugs(Dugantale) Have used this to an advantage to help the community, and just give them away!

The event is wonderful for 3 main reasons to me:
    1. Leveling is VERY fast!
    2. Vanities for looks, toons, and giving away!
    3. To get those 2 million eggs destroyed ASAP!

And like said above, if the drop rates were lower, everyone would be complaining that they are too hard to get or too expensive!

~Fao

PL: Faoeskekie L76 Enchantress(0.5k/300k), Faouskekie L71 Bird, Faoiskekie L45 Bear, Tvrtle L50 Fox, Rhinasaurus L38 Rhino

SL: Bizilia L45 Engineer, DL: Faoeskekie L36 Vampire, AL: Faoeskekie L20 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

i like this event and I dont care how easy it is to get the vanities! and yes xp is good! love the exterminator xrays! got 3 of them now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

this event is what STS wanted it to be, "prometheus" had peeps running around w/ same uniforms, so its like the same idea that they are trying to do here (if thats what it is lol)
    on top of that, you get 5-8x faster xp gain than doing inner-core runs! what more could you ask for ?! love it or leave it :P
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Play as if it's your last.
    Because in the End, You will face Judgement

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kanozaki View Post
    First off bud , jetpacks were purple just like pets so they drop more frequent. The only logic flawed here are the people thinking vanities are not ment to be rare .
    Sorry to disagree Kano buddy, but vanities aren't meant to be rare. If they were there wouldn't be any of them in the plat store. Certain vanities are meant to be rare, yes, but those vanities are still rare so it doesn't matter
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Matutd For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matutd View Post
    Sorry to disagree Kano buddy, but vanities aren't meant to be rare. If they were there wouldn't be any of them in the plat store. Certain vanities are meant to be rare, yes, but those vanities are still rare so it doesn't matter
    Pshh I'll disagree with that as well . Even the plat store vanities are rare , why ? Because you have to spend real money to get them hence not every one can afford them . ( I'd like to see any one argue with this ). Using simple logic , vanities have their own drop system because it was designed for every one to not have them . In the end it is For business , when you can't get a vanity chances are you are going to eventually buy one using plat. Don't get me wrong I'm not Complaining about the event just correct the misconception about vanities.

Would I like vanity drop rates to be lower ?
    Me personally I like the challenge , it shouldn't be unbelievably low where you may run a million times and not see a vanity . Something where it's similar to the purple drop rate in shipyard . I understand the casual gamer who doesn't have Time to farm but c'mon really you should be able to get one in half an hour. The current drop system now is extremely high where a player can get 3 consecutive vanities.

Now don't get me wrong , I personally like the event . My friend list has not been this active in months . And the xp gain gives players a last chance to cap which is pretty neat . Even the huge sale on enhancers is amazing so kudos to STS. One thing how ever which would be amazing would be the option of locking x and y . Too used to the old system to Adapt my play style .

Now go get that 2 mil eggs !
    Kano

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matutd View Post
    Pshh I'll disagree with that as well . Even the plat store vanities are rare , why ? Because you have to spend real money to get them hence not every one can afford them . ( I'd like to see any one argue with this ). Using simple logic , vanities have their own drop system because it was designed for every one to not have them . In the end it is For business , when you can't get a vanity chances are you are going to eventually buy one using plat. Don't get me wrong I'm not Complaining about the event just correct the misconception about vanities.

Would I like vanity drop rates to be lower ?
    Me personally I like the challenge , it shouldn't be unbelievably low where you may run a million times and not see a vanity . Something where it's similar to the purple drop rate in shipyard . I understand the casual gamer who doesn't have Time to farm but c'mon really you should be able to get one in half an hour. The current drop system now is extremely high where a player can get 3 consecutive vanities.

Now don't get me wrong , I personally like the event . My friend list has not been this active in months . And the xp gain gives players a last chance to cap which is pretty neat . Even the huge sale on enhancers is amazing so kudos to STS. One thing how ever which would be amazing would be the option of locking x and y . Too used to the old system to Adapt my play style .

Now go get that 2 mil eggs !
    Kano

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

guys think beyond the "vanity" tag and cost, its still good for trading what if the vanity closet is full of many cheap items? it's better to have more items in the vanity closet than in the real closet which affects the stats, coz then you have so much visual variety, and you have more things to buy and sell and farm, think about rather than just one set up
    Last edited by Slant; 07-16-2012 at 05:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

They should make these new vanities => greeen
    So that we can easily search for the vanity we need in AH.
    I have some serious problem to search for vanities(takes me 10mins to scroll down n check the prices of old vanities ...)

-Raghav

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seiyen View Post
    They should make these new vanities => greeen
    So that we can easily search for the vanity we need in AH.
    I have some serious problem to search for vanities(takes me 10mins to scroll down n check the prices of old vanities ...)

-Raghav
    Flip the prices. High on top. Problem solved.