Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Angelic Gear vs. "of tiki" set

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Angelic Gear vs. "of tiki" set

Comparison of stats on my toon are below. Somebody talk me into wanting to use the "of tiki" set. The noob in me says to stick with the free Angel gear.

Name:  stats.JPG
Views: 499
Size:  30.3 KB
    PL - Ptaka - LVL 76 - Pure Dex Bird

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ptaka For This Useful Post:

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

nice find. i might stick with my angelic gear and buy some crafted stuff someday for hoarding purposes

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Thank you for confirming what I thought I already saw.

I love the Angel gear, and stats like these make it hard to do anything but sell the "of Tiki" sets that drop to me.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

compare the skill damage. A bird's job is to bring the pain and destroy everything in it's path. 386 vs 280 is SIGNIFICANT. I bet the blast shot damage is also tons higher with of tiki.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    compare the skill damage. A bird's job is to bring the pain and destroy everything in it's path. 386 vs 280 is SIGNIFICANT. I bet the blast shot damage is also tons higher with of tiki.
    439-467 vs 502-531

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    439-467 vs 502-531
    thanks fluff! roughly 450 avg vs 515 avg. diff of 65 (most likely 130 due to crit). I'm def going with of tiki. (unless sun god is better, hehe).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    thanks fluff! roughly 450 avg vs 515 avg. diff of 65 (most likely 130 due to crit). I'm def going with of tiki. (unless sun god is better, hehe).
    Crafted is probably better over all because you get 12 dodge, but since that 12 dodge comes at the cost of damage, I still prefer the Tiki set. It is the true over powered under defended rush to play birdie set

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

I just used my angelic to go from 70-71. It worked just fine, and I made money selling stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Angelic I think is more defensive.

Of Tiki is more offensive.
    I guess most birds want to go offensive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

I can see how Of Tiki is better for birds, but for Pallys like myself, I'd happily give up some additional skill damage for the armor, dodge and crit.

For INT at least, the trade off is increased damage & DPS at the cost of armor and dodge (Tiki vs Angel). For nuke mages, the tradeoff is not worthwhile, but for Pallys, it is totally acceptable.

With Angel set, here are the stats for my lvl 67 Pally (fully buffed) - note the crit, dodge and armor:

Hit: 94%
    Critical Hit: 113
    Dodge: 25
    Health Pool: 509
    Health Regen: 31
    Mana Pool: 750
    Mana Regen: 33
    Damage: 271-313
    DPS: 325
    Armor: 292

Personally, I think that the Crit in particular makes up for the missing damage, along with about +30 armor.

The STR Angel set offers even more armor and dodge (but I never use it because the DPS is so much lower):

Hit: 95%
    Critical Hit: 85
    Dodge: 38
    Health Pool: 583
    Health Regen: 41
    Mana Pool: 708
    Mana Regen: 25
    Damage: 278-310
    DPS: 268
    Armor: 299
    Last edited by GoodSyntax; 07-16-2012 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Forgot to throw up the Mana Shield for the armor bonus.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Of Tiki is the best "non-angel" set though. It has better stats (for a bird) than the crafted set does IMO. The crafted bow does look pretty awesome though.

Back when there was discussion about the angel sets being possibly too OP, I believe there was a quote by one of the devs (Samhayne perhaps) saying that the endgame stuff coming out would be way better the angel sets. Unless there's something else in the works that we haven't heard about yet, that doesn't seem to have come true.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

How about someone compare the Crafted Shanks Set for dex gear. A buddy of mine is using the Sun God's Shanks Set and loves it. He says it hits really hard. DPS well over 500, but unlike daggers it actually has high dmg too. And the Sun God's gives a defensive bonus as will the crafted set. I'm guessing armor around 180-190 with the crafted shanks set, which is not as much as the angel talon set, but the extra damage should make up for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    How about someone compare the Crafted Shanks Set for dex gear. A buddy of mine is using the Sun God's Shanks Set and loves it. He says it hits really hard. DPS well over 500, but unlike daggers it actually has high dmg too. And the Sun God's gives a defensive bonus as will the crafted set. I'm guessing armor around 180-190 with the crafted shanks set, which is not as much as the angel talon set, but the extra damage should make up for it.
    You loose way to much DPS in the time it takes to actually walk up to your target

* It could be pretty cool on a dex bear though.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

You loose way to much DPS in the time it takes to actually walk up to your target

* It could be pretty cool on a dex bear though.
    That's what he thought as well (he's a bird). He just started using the Shanks because he could not yet afford the bow. But now he really likes the shanks. We were farming in Fang, and he chopped down the fang bosses pretty fast. I think the Shanks may be the highest powered weapon in game now. I know the crafted sang dagger has slightly higher DPS, but the Shanks hit way harder. They just are slightly slower (0.6 speed compared to 0.4 for daggers), but overall I think they cause the most damage.

Obviously you have the change your style of fighting, but they are an interesting weapon to say the least.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    That's what he thought as well (he's a bird). He just started using the Shanks because he could not yet afford the bow. But now he really likes the shanks. We were farming in Fang, and he chopped down the fang bosses pretty fast. I think the Shanks may be the highest powered weapon in game now. I know the crafted sang dagger has slightly higher DPS, but the Shanks hit way harder. They just are slightly slower (0.6 speed compared to 0.4 for daggers), but overall I think they cause the most damage.

Obviously you have the change your style of fighting, but they are an interesting weapon to say the least.
    I can see them being useful on a boss, since you can break armor which will keep your DPS up. I wouldn't use them for mob clearing for the previously mentioned having to walk up to each mob, and I also find it funny they are considered defensive since I would think a better defense then standing right next to a boss would be perhaps to move outside the bosses range and shoot at it I will admit I was having fun playing with them on low level boss, but I just don't see them as more then a novelty.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I can see them being useful on a boss, since you can break armor which will keep your DPS up. I wouldn't use them for mob clearing for the previously mentioned having to walk up to each mob, and I also find it funny they are considered defensive since I would think a better defense then standing right next to a boss would be perhaps to move outside the bosses range and shoot at it I will admit I was having fun playing with them on low level boss, but I just don't see them as more then a novelty.
    Perhaps a good strategy for birds is to complete the set with both weapons, use the bow for most of the dungeon, then switch to shanks for the boss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I suppose, but at least in Humania there's little reason to do so. The only boss with a hint of difficulty is Tiki God, and a bird is better off kiting him, which can obviously only be done with a bow. The other bosses are weak enough that it probably doesn't matter what weapon you're using when it comes right down to it. Bow...shanks...either way the boss is dead within seconds. Overall I agree with Fluff in that, when it comes to defense for a bird, often the best defense is the ability to attack from a distance. In other words: bow. Just my opinion, of course. The shanks looks pretty cool.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Yeah, I wonder why bosses are so easy in Humania. I farmed fang yesterday for the first time in a while and I was reminded how difficult it was to kill some real bosses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Crafted is probably better over all because you get 12 dodge, but since that 12 dodge comes at the cost of damage, I still prefer the Tiki set. It is the true over powered under defended rush to play birdie set
    I just bought an of tiki set, mainly because it was cheap. I planned on using it to farm the sun god set but after looking at it I don't think I will. Even the crafted version seems to lose 7 damage per piece. I'm not sure what the skill damage on the crafted version is though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Picked up a Tiki set (of course as soon as i bought it, i got the bow dropped on me in game LOL).

Comparing it to the Angel set, there is a noticeable difference in terms of offence versus defence. With Angel sets, you can be more indiependent, can solo maps slowly. With the Tiki set, your damage does get a big boost up, so you are more valuable to a group, but need them to protect you from getting killed. The loss of the Angel shield is a big difference.

Ahhhh...if only there was a one-handed bow!