Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Potential Metal/Maven Menace Set Bug

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Default Potential Metal/Maven Menace Set Bug

Hello team,

I wanted to reach out and see if this was a potential bug, but also to make a suggestion/request to update these sets, if possible.

TL;DR - Potential Bug/request is to update the Pink/Black Classic Bat Wings to act as a piece for both of the Metal sets (similarly to the Metal weapons/shield). Since these wings are already so rare, it would be rewarding to those who own them but also provide more clarity to users who are willing to pay for them. If that is not possible, could the names and/or item descriptions be updated to clarify what set(s) they do complete? (Right now, the Pink/Black Bat Wings just say "A shiny new update to an Alterran classic!")

Explanation:
    In short, the metal sets (both the maven and menace sets) require 3pc to turn on the aura/set. This can be done a variety of ways, but most commonly using a helm and/or armor + a weapon and/or a shield. The major talking point I wish to elaborate on is that the Metal Weapons and the Metal Shield are "wildcard" items that can be used to complete both sets (and the language used in these item descriptions reflect that: "Can be used to complete the Metal Menace and Metal Maven vanity sets!")

Example:
    Example gear to implement either of the Maven/Menace sets:
    "The Metal Maven Armor" (pink) + Metal Menace Sword + Metal Menace Shield = Maven Set
    "The Metal Menace Armor" (black) + Metal Menace Sword + Metal Menace Shield = Menace* Set

Potential Bug:
    The potential bug that I am noticing is that the "The New Classic Pink (or Black) Bat Wings" don't act as wildcards (similar to the Metal Weapon/Shield) but also...
    • don't explicitly say which set they complete
    • don't mention they are a part of the Metal sets (but work to complete the sets - the pink wings act as a Maven set piece based on my testing, and I assume the black works as a Menace set piece)
    • named similarly to the Classic Fire set, although it does not work in that set

Note: there is a brief mention on the forum post for the event where it says "* the New Classic Black and Pink Bat Wings can be used to complete the new Metal Menace and Metal Maven sets." but that can still be interpreted as a wildcard, just like the Metal weapons/shield, and not all users access/view the forums. (Perhaps add ", respectively." at the end of that sentence?)

Potential Resolution:
    Allow the Pink/Black Classic Bat Wings to work for either metal set (just like the metal weapons/shield allow for either set), or update the name/description for these items to more clearly indicate what they are used for. As they are so rare, it would provide more utility and generate more interest in the new Metal sets, but also clearly indicate to users what they are. I recently paid a premium for a pair of wings and I assumed it was a wildcard piece - it was an expensive way to test and find out it wasn't, and don't want other users to experience that, if possible.

I know this is a very specific request for a specific issue that I ran into, but the main goal is to clarify what these items are used for - since so many people want the wings or paid a premium to own and use them. Thank you!
    Last edited by ignwizzywhite; 05-06-2022 at 06:00 PM.

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

Seems fine to me. It'll be on my list for the next content update ;-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    That would be so awesome. Thanks for taking the time to read my novel

THANK YOU!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    hey cinco, can they complete the fire drag sets as well? I personally like the idea of the black/pinks being universal and being a style choice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I just wanted to say a big thank you on this!

Many of the PvM/PvE crew love the new update and we have ventured into running the tougher Vixen and Ebonthrax maps more frequently. It is fun to see more activity and several full parties going at once. Thank you!