Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
Objectively, I can see how anti-event badges players value hardwork, dedication, competence and skill. I can also see why sts chose to please the majority instead of the select few who values the aforementioned qualities.

For the hindrance on screen, it seems like you want others to be able to see your badge but you may find it reluctant to see others with all the same badges, because in a way it nullifies your effort when you know you decided to "disable" the very badge you worked so hard for just to not get visually annoyed by the flood of "commonness".

The common ground I can see at this point is if sts continues to do this in the long term, each major event with a plat tier badge, the towns would not be flooded with the exact same uniform but with a variety. It only appears to be nullifying now because this is the first event that does this. In years to come, more people would be having a select few kind of badges to wear and there would be more distinctions than there's now. Consider this a fashion trend that would pass.

There will be more varieties soon that would make it more distinctive like "ohh I did this event this year" and "ohh you did that event that year", effort here in this context can be subjective such that they decided to forgo some rl stuff to commit a certain time to the events which they would have otherwise skipped the event traditionally because of busyness in rl but this time they inconvenient themselves to commit to that event to get that badge so it does show something. Relatively speaking of course it can't compare to those who did the LB badges but it shows a different kind of effort regardless.
Many are saying that play tier is so easy. But most players can't play for many hours because they simply don't have time. Then if you count runs for hauntlet for energy and then event runs, many can barely reach plat tier before event is over. And I think 2 hours daily grind is more than enough hard work to get the badge. It's a virtual item, imo current plat tier award is barely enough to justify the time spent. More grind does not necessarily make the game enjoyable.

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro using Tapatalk