Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Preview - Ursoth's Assault 2022! Elondria Needs You!!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchBrights View Post
    what is the purpose of bloodgrub recipe in npc if not craftable? it doesnt show in crafting ? only visage can use to craft doll

Sent from my M2006C3LG using Tapatalk
    Without it you cant craft doll, recipe is automatically consumed.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

very good. the vanity's are beautiful

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Cinco/dev, can you make blossom banner shorter on its bottom please?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    Let's hope that the visage, a necessary ingredient for the portal, is not stupidly rare like in previous events.
    exactly what i thought...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by terapan View Post
    Cinco/dev, can you make blossom banner shorter on its bottom please?
    +1, it really looks weird.

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    The badge reward for Platinum Tier goes a long way to address the longstanding issues of Tier rewards not being worth the run. LB runners will remember the first time an aura was made available for Top 10 (and might even recall the recent trade-friendly aura for same). Obviously we could have prevented the wisp / aura category of reward from ever being offered for LB - but we didn't... and it was great for that specific event, and the game overall!

While it is poor logic to assert that that a unique badge for Platinum Tier or a looted badge erase the value of badges as a category of reward outside of LB - I believe the subtext here is that having any badge is a powerful signifier in this era of Arlor. And I do understand this. If badges were categorically uninspiring (like 'wisps' or standard-color Titles) nobody would care that they become more prolific. It is the very fact that badges are a big deal which makes them a suitable reward for categories outside of LB to improve the overall quality and fun factor of Arcane Legends.

Badges as a category of reward will inevitably become like other categories (vanity outfits, banners, colored Titles, etc.). And like these other categories we'll see distinctions emerge by virtue of the specific elements as opposed to the category itself. True, the era of distinction by virtue of just having a badge has ended - but the era of having that specific OP badge has just begun.

Thanks for the feedback and I hope you enjoy Ursoth 2022!!

Best wishes!
    With all due respect Cinco.
    I think the only thing you will achieve, is with so many unnecessary badges without any value and without any effort, and with cities or maps cluttered with badges, people will choose to use the option to disable it to not see them on their screens, as some already do, and as most do with color titles (same case), and as the option that is already requested with auras.
    Badges will end up being a big hindrance, in the view of the screens.

I know that the topic is closed, but this is just a suggestion, maybe you can keep it in mind for future events.
    An extremely rare dropable badge, I don't think it's bad idea. A plat tier badge was too much. As you can see, the most controversial thing was that plat tier badge.

PS: I only have general and seasonal LB player and hardcore badges, an event LB badge was in my plans.
    This really discouraged me from doing it, I really don't consider it any achievement to reach plat tier with how easy and fast the events are. In addition, it does not require any competence or skill. I always thought that's what these kinds of awards are all about.

Thanks anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

With all due respect Cinco.
    I think the only thing you will achieve, is with so many unnecessary badges without any value and without any effort, and with cities or maps cluttered with badges, people will choose to use the option to disable it to not see them on their screens, as some already do, and as most do with color titles (same case), and as the option that is already requested with auras.
    Badges will end up being a big hindrance, in the view of the screens.

I know that the topic is closed, but this is just a suggestion, maybe you can keep it in mind for future events.
    An extremely rare dropable badge, I don't think it's bad idea. A plat tier badge was too much. As you can see, the most controversial thing was that plat tier badge.

PS: I only have general and seasonal LB player and hardcore badges, an event LB badge was in my plans.
    This really discouraged me from doing it, I really don't consider it any achievement to reach plat tier with how easy and fast the events are. In addition, it does not require any competence or skill. I always thought that's what these kinds of awards are all about.

Thanks anyway.
    Objectively, I can see how anti-event badges players value hardwork, dedication, competence and skill. I can also see why sts chose to please the majority instead of the select few who values the aforementioned qualities.

For the hindrance on screen, it seems like you want others to be able to see your badge but you may find it reluctant to see others with all the same badges, because in a way it nullifies your effort when you know you decided to "disable" the very badge you worked so hard for just to not get visually annoyed by the flood of "commonness".

The common ground I can see at this point is if sts continues to do this in the long term, each major event with a plat tier badge, the towns would not be flooded with the exact same uniform but with a variety. It only appears to be nullifying now because this is the first event that does this. In years to come, more people would be having a select few kind of badges to wear and there would be more distinctions than there's now. Consider this a fashion trend that would pass.

There will be more varieties soon that would make it more distinctive like "ohh I did this event this year" and "ohh you did that event that year", effort here in this context can be subjective such that they decided to forgo some rl stuff to commit a certain time to the events which they would have otherwise skipped the event traditionally because of busyness in rl but this time they inconvenient themselves to commit to that event to get that badge so it does show something. Relatively speaking of course it can't compare to those who did the LB badges but it shows a different kind of effort regardless.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Analytical For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    Objectively, I can see how anti-event badges players value hardwork, dedication, competence and skill. I can also see why sts chose to please the majority instead of the select few who values the aforementioned qualities.

For the hindrance on screen, it seems like you want others to be able to see your badge but you may find it reluctant to see others with all the same badges, because in a way it nullifies your effort when you know you decided to "disable" the very badge you worked so hard for just to not get visually annoyed by the flood of "commonness".

The common ground I can see at this point is if sts continues to do this in the long term, each major event with a plat tier badge, the towns would not be flooded with the exact same uniform but with a variety. It only appears to be nullifying now because this is the first event that does this. In years to come, more people would be having a select few kind of badges to wear and there would be more distinctions than there's now. Consider this a fashion trend that would pass.

There will be more varieties soon that would make it more distinctive like "ohh I did this event this year" and "ohh you did that event that year", effort here in this context can be subjective such that they decided to forgo some rl stuff to commit a certain time to the events which they would have otherwise skipped the event traditionally because of busyness in rl but this time they inconvenient themselves to commit to that event to get that badge so it does show something. Relatively speaking of course it can't compare to those who did the LB badges but it shows a different kind of effort regardless.
    Many are saying that play tier is so easy. But most players can't play for many hours because they simply don't have time. Then if you count runs for hauntlet for energy and then event runs, many can barely reach plat tier before event is over. And I think 2 hours daily grind is more than enough hard work to get the badge. It's a virtual item, imo current plat tier award is barely enough to justify the time spent. More grind does not necessarily make the game enjoyable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

You should change your name to "misunderstand", you ignored my whole argument to say that I don't want to see other people's work when I actually do, I don't know what the point of that was anyway.
    On the contrary, I clearly said that it is not hard to get to plat tier, and of course I value the work of those who got a badge in LB in the past and it was also one of my goals.
    Goal that was distorted, since having a badge apparently lost its meaning, becoming a vanity or title of the bunch.
    Also for your information, if I use the hide badges or title option, I also hide my own badge and title. With which I don't know what you want to imply.
    It doesn't seem like you are been to a city or map currently though, saturated with auras, things flying or crawling, colored titles, and now badges.
    I also read what Cinco said about the variety and the tier prizes. And now seems innovative to give badges to everyone, because it is something that most never had and that was a goal for many, which is also why this idea is popular, but in a few months when it is saturated with badges, it will lose its value quickly, and people will complain again that the awards are useless, as happened with the titles or banners, at this point I think nothing has been learned.

Ps: Having said that, I will refrain from answering you again, it seems that you always try to insinuate or misunderstand things, on purpose, perhaps, I do not know your objective. Previously, i tried to be clear and I think I succeeded, making my points.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

You should change your name to "misunderstand", you ignored my whole argument to say that I don't want to see other people's work when I actually do, I don't know what the point of that was anyway.
    On the contrary, I clearly said that it is not hard to get to plat tier, and of course I value the work of those who got a badge in LB in the past and it was also one of my goals.
    Goal that was distorted, since having a badge apparently lost its meaning, becoming a vanity or title of the bunch.
    Also for your information, if I use the hide badges or title option, I also hide my own badge and title. With which I don't know what you want to imply.
    It doesn't seem like you are been to a city or map currently though, saturated with auras, things flying or crawling, colored titles, and now badges.
    I also read what Cinco said about the variety and the tier prizes. And now seems innovative to give badges to everyone, because it is something that most never had and that was a goal for many, which is also why this idea is popular, but in a few months when it is saturated with badges, it will lose its value quickly, and people will complain again that the awards are useless, as happened with the titles or banners, at this point I think nothing has been learned.

Ps: Having said that, I will refrain from answering you again, it seems that you always try to insinuate or misunderstand things, on purpose, perhaps, I do not know your objective. Previously, i tried to be clear and I think I succeeded, making my points.
    I think the most probable reason for players slowly not being satisfied with plat tier award (titles, banners, badges) is that majority of players are not rich which directly translates to poor equip and pet which makes gold one of the most important focus for them. Now if after doing grinding for days they reach plat tier, do they get anything that can result in them being more wealthy? And the answer is no coz they get titles, banner, badge which although nice, wasn't their focus. That's why most player grind event for tokens actually to sell chests and other things which rich player buy to grind for lb. Vanity, titles, badges only matter when the basic motivation of being rich and having good equipment and pets is satisfied.
    Idk if this analysis is totally accurate coz it's based on my experience in game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

What l find confusing (and contradicting) after reading a few times now would be your second paragraph where you talked about:
    1. The unnecessaryness of badges and
    2. The hindrance of these stuff all together in our playing screen on top of the shiny stuff like Auras we already have.

If I'm understanding correctly this time, you mean to say the only purpose for these common badges are to create hindrance to the game and nothing else useful. Sts could have given other kinds of rewards that is actually more useful like you have suggested, a rare badge drop instead. (Initially I took this as perhaps you don't want badges as a whole to lose its value of uniqueness and indication of a different kind of hardwork while at the same time you don't want to be annoyed by the flood of these visuals, so I was offering a common ground perspective to address that-you may reread that too, we both misunderstood or at least the message didn't get conveyed as intended :/)

Well if that's the case I would argue it can mean a lot to the majority of players (who by and large likely do not have the gold to do LB) to be able to get a badge, not everyone is chasing after uniqueness, they could just want to look cool, even if it means many others are also wearing it. A common item doesn't mean it won't feel nice to wear and show in town. Yes of course, to the select few who are fighting to get the LB badges, you guys likely want a different thing like you have mentioned, you want the badge to represent something that's not just another vanity but something that stands out. Now with so many common badges laying around there's nothing extra that "stands out" about any players except the varieties so rendering the point to do LB badge a little less.

Here I suppose we both agree that hindrance part is not a big concern, as you have already suggested, many are already doing what they can, that is to disable the badges.

What I don't get is:
    -What's wrong with having badges now officially be just another vanity/aura to wear?
    -Your hardwork, skills etc would still be known by the specific badge you are wearing, I don't see how they can't co-exist? Like some others have mentioned earlier, Franks sets, medusa, ghost, golem, ice spirit sets won't lose its uniqueness just because of a few recolors version like lucky golem or lucky Jack set.

What I don't understand is why do you insist for badge to be the main distinguisher here? Even if you guys really insist for whatever reasons, why not instead ask sts to make a new category for outlooks that would make players stand out once again just like badges once did?

This is why I don't see what big problem there is actually to shout about. (and hence justifies why I had to link a possible reason for that is maybe you wanted both that was talked above in the second paragraph of this comment here in parenthesis)

P.S. Too :P nah not trying to make fun of you or anything. My intention has always been to seek common grounds in the midst of disputes/disagreements, I may have succeeded in some occasions and failed in another, but it is what it is. Feel free to correct me if I misunderstood anything but if you wish to rest the case it's up to you too (:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Imagine wasting your time to read all these long meaningless replies D

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Boba Fett For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

What l find confusing (and contradicting) after reading a few times now would be your second paragraph where you talked about:
    1. The unnecessaryness of badges and
    2. The hindrance of these stuff all together in our playing screen on top of the shiny stuff like Auras we already have.

If I'm understanding correctly this time, you mean to say the only purpose for these common badges are to create hindrance to the game and nothing else useful. Sts could have given other kinds of rewards that is actually more useful like you have suggested, a rare badge drop instead. (Initially I took this as perhaps you don't want badges as a whole to lose its value of uniqueness and indication of a different kind of hardwork while at the same time you don't want to be annoyed by the flood of these visuals, so I was offering a common ground perspective to address that-you may reread that too, we both misunderstood or at least the message didn't get conveyed as intended :/)

Well if that's the case I would argue it can mean a lot to the majority of players (who by and large likely do not have the gold to do LB) to be able to get a badge, not everyone is chasing after uniqueness, they could just want to look cool, even if it means many others are also wearing it. A common item doesn't mean it won't feel nice to wear and show in town. Yes of course, to the select few who are fighting to get the LB badges, you guys likely want a different thing like you have mentioned, you want the badge to represent something that's not just another vanity but something that stands out. Now with so many common badges laying around there's nothing extra that "stands out" about any players except the varieties so rendering the point to do LB badge a little less.

Here I suppose we both agree that hindrance part is not a big concern, as you have already suggested, many are already doing what they can, that is to disable the badges.

What I don't get is:
    -What's wrong with having badges now officially be just another vanity/aura to wear?
    -Your hardwork, skills etc would still be known by the specific badge you are wearing, I don't see how they can't co-exist? Like some others have mentioned earlier, Franks sets, medusa, ghost, golem, ice spirit sets won't lose its uniqueness just because of a few recolors version like lucky golem or lucky Jack set.

What I don't understand is why do you insist for badge to be the main distinguisher here? Even if you guys really insist for whatever reasons, why not instead ask sts to make a new category for outlooks that would make players stand out once again just like badges once did?

This is why I don't see what big problem there is actually to shout about. (and hence justifies why I had to link a possible reason for that is maybe you wanted both that was talked above in the second paragraph of this comment here in parenthesis)

P.S. Too :P nah not trying to make fun of you or anything. My intention has always been to seek common grounds in the midst of disputes/disagreements, I may have succeeded in some occasions and failed in another, but it is what it is. Feel free to correct me if I misunderstood anything but if you wish to rest the case it's up to you too (:
    1- No, what I wanted to mark, in one of the points, is what they expect, is that the badges become more desired and people have more desire to participate in the events.
    And seeing the experience of other items, the effect will be the opposite, people will be more willing to stop seeing those badges.
    And as you become overwhelmed with badges, in-game they will lose their value and having a badge will quickly cease to matter.
    And of course that will affect LB, the demand for badges will decrease.

2- I don't understand how someone can literally compare a badge to a frank set or any other exclusive vanity.
    You are literally dressed as frankstein and you have some nice effects and details.
    One vanity compared to another, there is no comparison either, in one you are dressed as an executioner, in another as a miner, etc.
    Each vanity stands out easily, because it represents 75% of your character, the rest are accessories, including the badge.
    There is no comparison.

3- There is no particular reason to complain, in my opinion they did not do anything beneficial for the game.
    They just took an almost exclusive item that people excelled at, and went out of their way to have, and they killed it, they pretty much do that with everything.
    And the reasons for giving it away are also a bit vague.
    The point is that later no one will appreciate the badges and will go back to complaining like before that the tier awards are rubbish.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett View Post
    Imagine wasting your time to read all these long meaningless replies D
    Imagine reading and having to answer more meaningless things... You wouldn't want to be me...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav Arora View Post
    I think the most probable reason for players slowly not being satisfied with plat tier award (titles, banners, badges) is that majority of players are not rich which directly translates to poor equip and pet which makes gold one of the most important focus for them. Now if after doing grinding for days they reach plat tier, do they get anything that can result in them being more wealthy? And the answer is no coz they get titles, banner, badge which although nice, wasn't their focus. That's why most player grind event for tokens actually to sell chests and other things which rich player buy to grind for lb. Vanity, titles, badges only matter when the basic motivation of being rich and having good equipment and pets is satisfied.
    Idk if this analysis is totally accurate coz it's based on my experience in game.

1- No, what I wanted to mark, in one of the points, is what they expect, is that the badges become more desired and people have more desire to participate in the events.
    And seeing the experience of other items, the effect will be the opposite, people will be more willing to stop seeing those badges.
    And as you become overwhelmed with badges, in-game they will lose their value and having a badge will quickly cease to matter.
    And of course that will affect LB, the demand for badges will decrease.

2- I don't understand how someone can literally compare a badge to a frank set or any other exclusive vanity.
    You are literally dressed as frankstein and you have some nice effects and details.
    One vanity compared to another, there is no comparison either, in one you are dressed as an executioner, in another as a miner, etc.
    Each vanity stands out easily, because it represents 75% of your character, the rest are accessories, including the badge.
    There is no comparison.

3- There is no particular reason to complain, in my opinion they did not do anything beneficial for the game.
    They just took an almost exclusive item that people excelled at, and went out of their way to have, and they killed it, they pretty much do that with everything.
    And the reasons for giving it away are also a bit vague.
    The point is that later no one will appreciate the badges and will go back to complaining like before that the tier awards are rubbish.
    Gaurav seemed to have explained it well, poorer players are always on the hunt for gold: Maslow Hierarchy of Needs applied simply. Players complaining the rewards as rubbish likely value profit making more than these "meaningless"/untradeable, worse common badges. As long as the tier rewards give all players a chance to make gold and not just to look cool, I don't think we would be seeing complains that frequently. I do agree with some here that these badges are a nice to have and can't ever replace monetary rewards. Badges are supposed to be a cherry on top not the main reward like how it is positioned now.

2. Valid point, let's compare accessories with accessories then. Auras it is since vanity set already took 75%. Basically pick whatever category of outlook that's comparable, by denying the comparison will only make your argument sound weak objectively as your first point is based on a generic comparison itself of "experiences of other items"

"Seeing the experiences of other items"
    "People will be more willing to stop seeing those badges"
    -By other items I suppose you mean Auras. Don't see anything else that fits that better.
    -Which camp of people are you referring to? The group that hate Auras impeding their gaming screens or those that do love it? I don't see people stop buying new Auras because of how visually overwhelming it can be at times?

"As you become overwhelmed with badges, in-game they will lose their value and having a badge will quickly cease to matter."
    I can easily swap that word badge with aura and know it is not true. People still run for LB aura even in the case when it is not tradeable especially the purple one with like a 3D aura.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

In short, I don't think badges would ever lose its value, at most it only holds a different value proposition now(exclusive badges) compared to prior(any badges). With a different value proposition, it then serves a different group of players now, in the case where badges are normalised, it is favoring the majority and not just the select few who are rich and able. You can see a big brain move here, sts risked upsetting a couple of rich players who may be against it to please the other 70-80% of poor to average players. In a way sts could be trying to lay the foundation for plat revenue to source from a larger pool than they have always done before this(from the minority of plat whales).

If you read some of the comments here, you can see people who run for "exclusive badges" alone are not against this move at all. Much like there are two camps of people who are supportive of Auras (and other visually impeding items) and the other camp who doesn't, the same logic applies here.

Ok'Tal Prisonㅤ Youtube:ㅤㅤ Gaming Apostle JㅤGuild:ㅤ <Apostle>
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

entitled to your own ofc but imo each badge has a different meaning, the hard to get badges should still hold the same value; whatever that is.

LINKS CAN HACK YOU, now visit the wiki ;D
    https://arcanelegends.fandom.com/wik...e_Legends_Wiki

Ok'Tal Prisonㅤ Youtube:ㅤㅤ Gaming Apostle JㅤGuild:ㅤ <Apostle>
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

also bro sis devs dude i hear talk from event NPC's about i should buy elondrian furnishings but i cannot for the life of me find the seller lol

LINKS CAN HACK YOU, now visit the wiki ;D
    https://arcanelegends.fandom.com/wik...e_Legends_Wiki

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Are the top 10 vanities tradeable ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal_Blood View Post
    also bro sis devs dude i hear talk from event NPC's about i should buy elondrian furnishings but i cannot for the life of me find the seller lol
    Its in your household furnishing section for the length of the event