Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Craft time reduce with gold (taking 1 plat equiv. to 50k gold)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Default Craft time reduce with gold (taking 1 plat equiv. to 50k gold)

As mentioned in the title, I am suggesting there should be two buttons: one for plat and one for gold.
    Make it so that if an item require 1 plat to finish crafting, it would require 50000 gold to do the same.
    Please consider this for implementation.
    @Cinco, @asommers

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav Arora View Post
    As mentioned in the title, I am suggesting there should be two buttons: one for plat and one for gold.
    Make it so that if an item require 1 plat to finish crafting, it would require 50000 gold to do the same.
    Please consider this for implementation.
    @Cinco, @asommers

It would be a quite attractive gold sink and will help majority of players who doesnt have plats but have gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

For the obvious reason
    The purpose of having the option to rush, is to bring in more money
    Gold is extremely easy to get these days
    So making it a 1:50k ratio would be a pointless move
    Making it 750k-800k to rush a jewel for example
    When half the community is sitting on hundreds of millions as is.

I could see this being viable later, but the rate would have to be considered, and taken upon how the economy is.
    1;50k is just too low
    Maybe 1:500k
    Would make it fine
    But to do it at that rate, would make it pointless.
    Again, it's just my opinion, I'm sure others will disagree, but I think the crafting time is perfectly fine.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Straef View Post
    For the obvious reason

I could see this being viable later, but the rate would have to be considered, and taken upon how the economy is.
    1;50k is just too low
    Would make it fine
    Again, it's just my opinion, I'm sure others will disagree, but I think the crafting time is perfectly fine.

They sell potions which cost 2 plat for 40k gold. But i suggest 1 plat = 50k. It's already increased buy 2.5x times. I don't agree with your opinion at all. As u say gold is so easy to get, then wouldn't my idea have even more merit as a gold sink?

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

They sell potions which cost 2 plat for 40k gold. But i suggest 1 plat = 50k. It's already increased buy 2.5x times. I don't agree with your opinion at all. As u say gold is so easy to get, then wouldn't my idea have even more merit as a gold sink?

And not everyone is rich. You are not taking new players and poor players into consideration at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

And not everyone is rich. You are not taking new players and poor players into consideration at all.

Then put the effort into it, just as we did .
    I've met poor players, and have gotten to know some on very personal levels.
    Simply doing event, merching, actually playing the game, gets you gold. Sure, maybe not 100m a week, but your idea here to support the "noobs, and poor" players, is a double edged sword.
    Obviously, I know itd help the newer players, but with that option, that's one less thing for plat to be used on.
    Less plat used, less plat bought, results in them Losing money.
    Ofc, offers are also an option, but there are some who don't get do-able ones period.
    So you can disagree with me all you like, I get your point, and it's very self centered. You're focused on new and poor players.
    My opinion is on how it'll affect everything in general- with that unneeded change.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Then put the effort into it, just as we did .
    I've met poor players, and have gotten to know some on very personal levels.
    Simply doing event, merching, actually playing the game, gets you gold. Sure, maybe not 100m a week, but your idea here to support the "noobs, and poor" players, is a double edged sword.
    Obviously, I know itd help the newer players, but with that option, that's one less thing for plat to be used on.
    Less plat used, less plat bought, results in them Losing money.
    Ofc, offers are also an option, but there are some who don't get do-able ones period.
    So you can disagree with me all you like, I get your point, and it's very self centered. You're focused on new and poor players.
    My opinion is on how it'll affect everything in general- with that unneeded change.

The focus ia not them at all bro. It is for rich mainly as a gold sink. I have already put effort and im not poor so please use counter argument instead of petty way of putting down others.
    I just want to use my " hard earned " gold to reduce time.
    Also if you say they lose money, then why are plat eggs in game? Why are there option for 40k gold for potions? Why are inventory, stash slots available for story token, orc tags?
    And i cant understand why are u so threatened by this?
    This feature will only increase rich player spending more. Poor player will not choose to reduce time at all most of the time but would find it much better than buying plat egg and getting plat to reduce. So ur idea of 500k is pure illogical as plat eggs exist. It has to be a ratio that is better than plat egg. They can maybe also give option to use different currencies such as story token, orc tags, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Name:  Screenshot (196).png
Views: 129
Size:  115.0 KB

If the purpose is gold sink, the more gold is sink the better, but players are not stupid, they would only willingly sink their gold when the cost is lower using the suggested idea than it currently is (using plat eggs) so the maximum one can go for theoretically would be less than or equal to a ratio of about 1 plat : 160k gold. (For the calculation here we don't need to consider people who uses plat to speed up since the suggestion is using gold)

Who would have the gold to do this?
    1.Poor and new players are immediately out of the table, so any argument using this is futile (@Gaurav, @Straef). If they are legit poor they can't even afford the full set of functional gear, it would be unwise to expect them to still have gold for this speed up thing.
    2.Average players, they can definitely afford it, but I don't think they would want to waste their gold on this as I'm sure this would not be their main goal, if I'm average, I would rather save my gold and make more gold than to waste it on upgrades. No rush for it at all.
    3.Rich players. Well this is the elephant in the room. Rich players who are plat players prolly don't give a shhet. Rich players who are non-plat players would be the one we are primarily targeting. And further they are the one with the most gold that are the largest contributors to inflation. Hence sinking their gold is the priority.

With the players side is settled, we need to know if sts is okay with it?
    -Sts is okay with ads for 2 plat each to now cost gold (previously was free using ads). This means they never intended it to be compulsory to cost plat in the first place. They didn't lose anything by introducing this while at the same time this became a plus point to sinking gold.
    -Plat eggs does not mean less plats purchase by plat players. This is meant for non-plat players who don't buy plats but need plats to do whatever they want like changing names, Insta leveling up pets etc. Plat players would continue to buy plats. Players who want immediate gold and not grind would also buy plats. Technically It doesn't hurt the plat sales because plat players won't buy plat eggs when their goal is to buy plat to get gold. Not using gold to buy plat. Plat players make gold using real life money. Non plat players make gold using their time and effort in game. You may say those that initially wanted to spend money to buy a bit of plat now have the choice not to, so how does this not hurt sales? Because it is insignificant, sts won't be living off these group of people. The game won't survive until today from this small purchase. It survived due to plat whales.
    -Inventory, stash slots available for story token, orc tags etc because these items are the basic survival requirements for all players so if players can't even get these they won't even play the game long enough to want to spend on buying plats which is why also elixirs were made to be free for a long time and even now it costs really cheap for low levels like 500 gold for level 2 and a few thousand gold for level 10-40 ish, you can tell sts is not really relying or expecting much of its revenue to come from this
    -so how about this new suggestion?

Would this suggestion hurt sts income?
    Not an easy question to answer, this analysis would be a longer and deeper dive.
    We first need to know: Who would initially buy plats on speeding up? (those that are using plat eggs wont be reducing sts income since they have no intention to buy plats anyway)
    Mostly Plat Players.
    Now with the gold option, would plat players choose to use gold and not plat?
    Depends on
    1.Which is cheaper.
    2.Which is faster to obtain regardless of cost (gold or plat wise)
    3.Which helps them to reasonably save their real life money without costing too much gold

For which is cheaper
    Commonly used Plat to gold ratio is
    1 plat: 24-30k gold
    (for elite gem priced at 120k - 150k each)
    (for crafting slots/Hotbars at 900k-1m each)
    So obviously it costs at least 2 X more (or even higher using store items with better plat to gold conversion ratio) to use gold to speed things up following Gaurav suggested 1 plat to 50k gold ratio. Plat players would choose to use plat instead if their concern is gold cost.
    In this case it doesn't affect sts plat revenue.

For which is faster to obtain regardless of cost
    Gold is definitely faster & more hassle free method compared to using plat eggs or buying plats.
    As long as the cost to speed up isn't too far off from those that can be used using plat eggs/buying plats.
    So 1 plat to 50k gold (which is two times cheaper than plat eggs conversion) sounds like something even plat players would opt for despite knowing it may cost more gold wise.
    When they chose to spend gold instead of buying plats, then yes, it does reduce sts income, though this reduction may be relatively insignificant compared to those spent on elite gems, lockeds, keys, auras etc.

Which helps them to reasonably save their real life money without costing too much gold
    Some plat players who are already super rich may become non-plat players again, they have enough gold to waste, so this can become another instance where they chose to not buy plats to speed up and use gold option even though it is more expensive gold wise, at least they can save their real life gold.

Overall albeit not knowing the weight of each of the above factors, I would argue more rich "non-plat players" than rich "plat players" would use the gold speeding up option.
    Which is good if our aim is to sink gold while at the same time not hurt sts income.

Bottom line, if this gold option for speeding up doesn't affect sts revenue/income as much, the main goal here would be to sink as much gold as possible from rich players. For this purpose, 1 plat: 50k gold may be too insignificant. We can make it slightly lower than the current cost range of 1 plat to 120k- 160k gold using plat eggs conversion. For simplicity and for maximum gold sink effect, I would propose 1 plat to 100k gold at least if this were to be implemented.
    Last edited by Analytical; 05-16-2022 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Bolded, underlined text

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

The focus ia not them at all bro. It is for rich mainly as a gold sink. I have already put effort and im not poor so please use counter argument instead of petty way of putting down others.
    I just want to use my " hard earned " gold to reduce time.
    Also if you say they lose money, then why are plat eggs in game? Why are there option for 40k gold for potions? Why are inventory, stash slots available for story token, orc tags?
    And i cant understand why are u so threatened by this?
    This feature will only increase rich player spending more. Poor player will not choose to reduce time at all most of the time but would find it much better than buying plat egg and getting plat to reduce. So ur idea of 500k is pure illogical as plat eggs exist. It has to be a ratio that is better than plat egg. They can maybe also give option to use different currencies such as story token, orc tags, etc.
    And Before I forget, @Gaurav I don't know if you actually read what you wrote. You are literally contradicting yourself with first saying poor/newer players should be taken into account and when straef took it into account you then argued with yourself back that it is not..... -_-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

For the obvious reason

1;50k is just too low
    Would make it fine

Worst analysis I've seen in my entire life

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    And Before I forget, @Gaurav I don't know if you actually read what you wrote. You are literally contradicting yourself with first saying poor/newer players should be taken into account and when straef took it into account you then argued with yourself back that it is not..... -_-
    I said they have not been taken into consideration at all if we do 500k pricing. But they are also not the focus majorly, i just want that once in a while poor players can also do speed up for some things that they cant wait for. I may not be clear here but in my mind thats what I was aiming for.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xyv.io View Post
    Worst analysis I've seen in my entire life
    And this is worst counter argument. Can you please elaborate and give counter for each point?
    At the end, we are here discussing feasibility of an idea. If you can give reasons to outright reject idea or accepr idea or accept with modification then it would help more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

I said they have not been taken into consideration at all if we do 500k pricing. But they are also not the focus majorly, i just want that once in a while poor players can also do speed up for some things that they cant wait for. I may not be clear here but in my mind thats what I was aiming for.

This is exactly why it is contradicting.

If this is meant for poor/newer players this would absolutely be the last thing they worry about. I'm sure you know how reluctant that "once in a while" sound like.
    If this is meant for gold sink, it means it's only relevant for rich (and at least average players)

Further, it's easy to say you want to help the poor, (while in reality you could have wanted this for yourself) but I don't see in your suggestion how you have shown you have considered for poor players while at the same time claiming others did not consider them. Making it 50k is still pretty expensive for the poor. I see no justification whatsoever for your claim to be helping the poor. Totally sicked of seeing poor/newer players being used as additional justification to support any personal agenda in the suggestion forum. Using your own words, at least provide more relevant details/elaboration. If your main arguement is gold sink, actually go deep into that instead of dabbling around a gazellion of reasons that only make your request sound redundant.

At the end of the day, trying to have a one size fits all solution doesn't help anyone and is only doing a disservice to those you are primarily targeting in this case: the rich players. The suggestion would have been a pretty effective gold sink but because you tried to target everyone, it gets nowhere and worse waste unnecessary resources, time and effort which sts is smart enough to not even consider for, which I bet is the last thing you want: being ignored for your suggestion.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    This is exactly why it is contradicting.

If this is meant for poor/newer players this would absolutely be the last thing they worry about. I'm sure you know how reluctant that "once in a while" sound like.
    If this is meant for gold sink, it means it's only relevant for rich (and at least average players)

Further, it's easy to say you want to help the poor, (while in reality you could have wanted this for yourself) but I don't see in your suggestion how you have shown you have considered for poor players while at the same time claiming others did not consider them. Making it 50k is still pretty expensive for the poor. I see no justification whatsoever for your claim to be helping the poor. Totally sicked of seeing poor/newer players being used as additional justification to support any personal agenda in the suggestion forum. Using your own words, at least provide more relevant details/elaboration. If your main arguement is gold sink, actually go deep into that instead of dabbling around a gazellion of reasons that only make your request sound redundant.

At the end of the day, trying to have a one size fits all solution doesn't help anyone and is only doing a disservice to those you are primarily targeting in this case: the rich players. The suggestion would have been a pretty effective gold sink but because you tried to target everyone, it gets nowhere and worse waste unnecessary resources, time and effort which sts is smart enough to not even consider for, which I bet is the last thing you want: being ignored for your suggestion.
    Bro doing 50k instead of suggesting 100k Or more was the consideration I was showing to those players. Player category isn't white and black like with too poor and too rich. We got all types in between. My idea was to include as much players as we can.
    And why the hell you instead of suggesting amendments to my idea, start directly assuming I am using poor people excuse and start attacking me. I have noticed your behaviour in many other posts. You just start assuming things by your own to target the poster and then give some long convoluted explanation that shows that poster has nefarious purposes. I really am starting to hate you bro. I come here with idea which can improve gameplay and you start accusing me. Please in future if you only want to target me then don't reply at all. I am fed up with u.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

@Cinco, can you give us your opinion if this is possible and can be taken into consideration with modifications?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Sent from my DN2101 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Bro doing 50k instead of suggesting 100k Or more was the consideration I was showing to those players. Player category isn't white and black like with too poor and too rich. We got all types in between. My idea was to include as much players as we can.
    And why the hell you instead of suggesting amendments to my idea, start directly assuming I am using poor people excuse and start attacking me. I have noticed your behaviour in many other posts. You just start assuming things by your own to target the poster and then give some long convoluted explanation that shows that poster has nefarious purposes. I really am starting to hate you bro. I come here with idea which can improve gameplay and you start accusing me. Please in future if you only want to target me then don't reply at all. I am fed up with u.

This sounds like you are including average players (who are the majority) more than poor/newer players. Including everyone from A to Z may appear altruistic but if anything it's only ineffective in any measures, as I have made my point above won't dive deeper here.

I don't want to risk saying you have reading issues, but if you actually read, you would notice the "could" word I did not assume like it is the case. No idea why you get triggered (unless it is actually true?). Besides if you actually read I did added inputs to your suggestion for Dev to consider.

Nah, not interested in targeting you, I did agree with some of the things you said(if I remember correctly is something you said in the announcement thread). You can easily verify this by checking my recent post and see if you are the main target of my reply or people of all kinds that I find I could add a thing or two to.
    Last edited by Analytical; 05-16-2022 at 10:48 AM.

18.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #18
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,474 Posts

I've actually considered Gold to bypass timers, but I'm leaning toward creating lootable "time" tokens that you can apply towards any timer. This would also allow us to give them out during daily login rewards, achievement rewards, etc. They also wouldn't be an item for your inventory, they would be more like a currency (1m, 5m, 30m, 1h, 4h, 8h, etc.).

So you can pay Platinum to advance the timer or use time tokens.

I'm also maintaining a giant list of gold sinks that I'll probably gather feedback on after the achievement feedback is wrapped up.

Still undecided, but riffing.

-ALS

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to asommers For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    I've actually considered Gold to bypass timers, but I'm leaning toward creating lootable "time" tokens that you can apply towards any timer. This would also allow us to give them out during daily login rewards, achievement rewards, etc. They also wouldn't be an item for your inventory, they would be more like a currency (1m, 5m, 30m, 1h, 4h, 8h, etc.).

So you can pay Platinum to advance the timer or use time tokens.

I'm also maintaining a giant list of gold sinks that I'll probably gather feedback on after the achievement feedback is wrapped up.

Still undecided, but riffing.

-ALS
    Interesting idea, +1. It would really be good if this actually makes the players come to game daily. It seems better than my idea of using gold. I'm hoping we can see this implemented soon. Thanks a lot to you and all dev team for improving the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Craft time reduce with gold (taking 1 plat equiv. to 50k gold)
    [Hey Gaurav, I know this topic is sort of closed with assomers reply, but I do want to express my genuine apology if I did come across as unkind and impatient in my tone earlier, the last thing I want would be to nullify any good intentions you may have with your suggestion here. As hard as it may be to admit this, my response earlier may have been unconsciously affected by the behaviors you have shown to others in previous posts that I was, personally, not quite receiving well with (regardless of the objective nature of your said behavior may be in reality, the point is I personally wasn’t receiving it well) and may have been one of the factors that has jeopardized the objectivity and composure I usually have. Don’t get me wrong, I’m definitely not blaming you here for my earlier reaction if any, I alone am responsible for my own actions/behaviors. That said, I hope my response below would actually convey what I originally wanted to say without getting rude or unkind.]

I understand you want to be inclusive of all players regardless of their social economical status in game, you want everyone to benefit from this implementation of being able to use gold to speed things up and not just people who buy plats can or only for those who can afford to buy plat eggs. Undeniably this is a very kind gesture, thank you for being considerate and thoughtful.

While I'm aware that sts may be favoring the time tokens option more, the concern I have for this suggestion remains that if this does get implemented in the future after further considerations, we would literally not be sinking as much gold from the rich as we would like to (making it as expensive as possible but still cheaper than current cost), nor would we really be helping those who are poorer as we would like (making it as cheap as possible even to the extent of making it free). To the poor, 50k while not an astronomical number is still a big amount to spend on, and given that they are already struggling to even afford the complete set of functional gears to run maps efficiently and not left behind all the time, this would be the least impactful thing on them, an extremely low percentage of poor players would actually benefit from this. In contrast, any creative suggestions involving helping the poor make more gold would be a priority for them if you really feel you want to help them but this suggestion just ain't the thing for them it's like a good to have but definitely not helping (objectively speaking, not trying to nullify your effort). As for the rich, 50k is like one tiny drop from the ocean of gold the rich are chilling and swimming in. It really does almost nothing to reduce inflationary pressure. Which was the reason that I saw it as a contradiction, and that the overall effect does not yield the desired outcomes (benefitting both the poor and also sink as much gold as possible)

With consideration to what you later elaborated on, if this is meant primarily for the average players who make up the majority of this game, then yes this is indeed a good option for them, they can do this once in a while if they would like to, 50k sounds reasonably affordable for sure. Nonetheless, this would mean a good portion of average players who may have previously wanted to buy plats to do this once in a while now don’t have to anymore. So this is one of the possible instances this suggestion can potentially hurt sts additional income and I’m certain none of us here would be in the position to demand sts to give this away for free (using Gold). They have their considerations as well, we can’t expect them to do this just because they have given greenlight for other consumables, it’s really up to them ultimately on how it is impacting their income and state of business.

Bottom line, although I do not know exactly or the “behind the scenes of” what asommers mean by “have considered the gold option before”, if sts really doesn't think this suggestion would harm their income much and want to use this as a small way to give back to the majority of players who supported their game with their time, this won't be a bad suggestion after all. Anyhow, the above points are definitely still worth considering. What I wanted to say mainly is that Sts has a shhet tons of things to do on their list, if you want your suggestion to be implemented, it makes sense that it has to have the most impact on your desired outcome as you would be competing with other ideas for a similarly intended outcome (hinted by asommers with the "big list of gold sink methods"). Sts would clearly implement and put their effort into something that gives the most impact. So in this case, if you have two main goals of 1. Helping the poor as well as 2. Sink as much gold as possible, having two separate suggestions would in my humble opinion help more for each purpose. For your current suggestion, the biggest beneficiary of your 1 plat to 50k gold ratio would apparently be the middle group & rich players and objectively, would barely yield any significant gold sink, nor have any significant help for the poor/newer players and definitely not a move in favor of sts, income wise(and may even potentially hurt sts). Lastly, just like you are suggesting an idea here to improve the gaming experience of the majority of players, I'm also suggesting what I think is best for the game as a whole, I believe we both want the best for this game and in the process we may have been unkind to one another and I'm sorry for that once again.