Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Daily raids, Trials and some quality of life features

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Default Daily raids, Trials and some quality of life features

A) Daily raids.

There are few things that I would like to share with you and have a discussion around those ideeas.

1. Daily raids rewards (a system that will reward the player with an amount of gold for completing an x number of raids in a certain selection of maps up to 5 based on the player's level)

It will mainly be available starting with level 61 with 3 selection of maps and will require a completion of the available maps in that day for a total of 5 runs. (the number of runs could be also based on the difficulty of that map, and it could be exclusively for elite maps to add some difficulty). Each 10 level will add one more map in the selection.

The final structure will look like this

Level 61 : Complete 5 runs for each of the following 3 elite maps. (15 runs in total)
    Reward: 50k gold + 5 daily raid tokens

Level 71 : Complete 5 runs for each of the following 4 elite maps. (20 runs in total)
    Reward: 100k gold + 10 daily raid tokens

Level 81 : Complete 5 runs for each of the following 4 elite maps. (25 runs in total)
    Reward: 150k gold + 15 daily raid tokens

Daily raid coins can be spend in a special store that will hold goodies such as (consumables, a number of currency of various types and for various campaigns, pets, items. The special thing about that store will be the fact that all those goodies will be available for a limited amount of time and will be randomized each day letting the players decide when and on what they should spend their collected raid tokens.

A hypothetical situation:

Wednesday in store:

100 health potions pack - 3 tokens
    Arcanite Ryker egg - 500 tokens
    15 x Dragkin Teeth - 30 tokens
    10 min crafting bypass - 3 tokens
    Pet Holder - 60 tokens

B)Trial raids and Elite Trial raids

This is about a 10 players raid where they must face a powerful boss along with waves of enemies and deathly mecanics for worthy prizes.
    I know this ideea may be limited by the engine capabilities but I think it can be done in a way where only 5 players will be shown in party at a time even if there is a 10 players in the map.

The reward will be randomly given based on the difficulty of the map (normal or elite).

C) Crafting categories in inventory

It would be cool if we had more categories for crafting in the "Other" panel where we may have specified type of inventory based on the type of the crafting item such as:

A separate inventory for Jewels and jewels essences and related items.
    A separate inventory for raw materials.
    A separate inventory for recipes.
    A separate inventory for quest related items.

I know this may seem like a lot but I like to have my things organised and each time I am looking for a specific item I need to carefully look for it because I have just too many things in the same place that I don't actively use. I have noticed that there is enough space to add new buttons for such categories and I think this would be a good quality of life feature that will allow players to better manage their crafting space.

D) Ultimate pet system

This is one of my favorite systems in the game and I simply love it, however there is something that prevent me to fully enjoy it. The fact that I have sometimes to give up on the skin to use a certain Passive ability. I know this is a complicated one due to the animation/passive skill effect syncronization for each skin, but if somehow can be done it would be an amazing improvement allowing the player to fully customize his companion.

I see the system having a list for each of the following feature: skin, passive, active, arcane abilities.

That is all for now! Looking forward for some opinions! Thank you!

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,479 Posts

A. This is the purpose of story tokens and daily quests. It could be presented a bit better with variable loot.

B. We had enough problems with players going AFK and griefing when attempting raid-ish content, so we had not pursued it further.

C. We do have space to break up Other into several different slot types, so I'll add this to the list.

D. We'd have to touch 436 pets if we did this, don't think it's going to happen.

-ALS

Note: I appreciate the suggestions. In the future, please post a new thread per suggestion to keep the conversation focused on a particular topic.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to asommers For This Useful Post:

Ok'Tal Prisonㅤ Youtube:ㅤㅤ Gaming Apostle JㅤGuild:ㅤ <Apostle>
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

as for point A i think tan is suggesting a whole new zone which could take place near elite/pvp buttons//.. or atleast thats what i think of lol.

LINKS CAN HACK YOU, now visit the wiki ;D
    https://arcanelegends.fandom.com/wik...e_Legends_Wiki

Ok'Tal Prisonㅤ Youtube:ㅤㅤ Gaming Apostle JㅤGuild:ㅤ <Apostle>
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

additionally i think it could be like evg but with just a boss which can be awakened like northal, bar fills when people remove gold from the game. such as when using sir spendsalot. boss rewards anything except for gold

LINKS CAN HACK YOU, now visit the wiki ;D
    https://arcanelegends.fandom.com/wik...e_Legends_Wiki

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

At A. the way I see it as he presented is the following situation and it is somwhow different from the Story Token daily quests.

In each day of the week you will have a mission where up to 5 tasks will be given to you based on your level, where you'll have to complete a certain number of runs in different areas such as Nordr, Kraken, Zodias and so on. The selection will be made randomly in the system or can be setup by the dev team based on the player's activity in some areas. For example this last mentioned feature will allow newer players to find more easily people to run with in lower level areas with in my early gameplay experience most of them were emply and I pretty much had to play solo.

The random daily goodies in the store soulds cool to me as long as there will be some nice items to pick up.