Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Knock downs has to go!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default Knock downs has to go!

The only thing that i feel is ruining my PvP experience is knock down, the problem is it's completely random, so whoever gets to knock down the other by simply out of pure luck wins the fight (and please i'm not talking about the whole game), completely neglecting skill level of each one of the players which imo anti-fun, knock down in it's current state is like a crit that doesn 100% of ur HP, since ppl can completely chatter u during the duration u're on ur knees on the ground and by no other mean than luck.

This comes really frustrating when fighting against more than 1 player, if ur fighting against say 2-3 players it's almost a MUST to get knocked down leaving u completely helpless to die, say if i have the skill to take on 2-3 players by myself (and i'm talking generally not about myself) why should i be denied that?

EDIT: sorry for the grammar mistake in the title, and please forgive any other mistakes

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Is there a particular skill you're noticing that you feel is being exploited in this way? I'd be curious to hear what other players thoughts on this are

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Lady_Pebbles

As far as I know, Leap (the stomp knock-down skill) isn't bugged nor being exploited in PvP (PvE is another issue... Probably just nerfed in PvE). Its often used as an escape in combos after Vermin Swarm. However, when you know your opponent's hp gotta be low after the pwning you gave them, use Leap and it will finish the job for ya. If not then it'll knock them back and if you charged it while your hp was a lil lower than half, you're gonna get pwned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Thanks cara for giving this thread a look, wasn't really expecting to get a dev's attention.

Mostly leap and normal attack cause knock downs, leap more often usually, and there is a difference between knock down and knock backs, you're referring to knock back, thren, and that i'm perfectly fine with and isn't bugged or exploited at all, my problem is with random knock downs, where the character becomes unable to move or act for quite some time, it's basically a stun, but a random one.

The problem is, getting knock down, either u or ur opponent, isn't fun, imagine two opponents fighting each other, both use leap against each other, one just knocks back (which is a constant effect of the skill) and the other knocks back AND knocks down the opponent, the one that got knocked down most likely, like 99%, lost this fight, and out of nothing wrong he did, just that lady luck didn't smile upon him when used leap, that player could be an amazingly skilled player, but because of a random "stun" he was unable to do anything about it.

now that problem really shines when fighting more than one opponent as the chances of getting knocked down is doubled, tripled, ...etc, which renders u basically helpless against larger groups, ruling out the element of individual skill.
    Last edited by YuNoEatBeaRs; 07-20-2012 at 02:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

No skill is bugged. Leap sometimes has greater effect and I get stunned for like 3 seconds. Other than that my weapons sometimes stun the opponents for 1-2 seconds too. This, from my standpoint, is not a problem. It makes pvp semiluck based. Trust me thanks to that "knock down" I was able to win a 1v3 and I have seen other people winning with half life. What I want to say is the knockdown effect being random helpes the game more than it "destroys" it. Try getting used to it and you will see yourself having fun and being grateful to have it
    DL: love|Floating|Olympian|Cornflake
    pl: Karma|VVorld

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I never said that any skill is bugged, please read my post above yours again carefully.

What i'm saying is, there should be no place for luck in pvp, the whole idea of pvp is for players to be able test their skills against each others, not their luck, luck nullifies the skill factor in pvp, specially if we're talking about something as game breaking as a stun (knock down).

I don't wanna win a 1v3 or with half-health because of luck, such win is meaningless, and i don't wanna lose because of it either, that ain't fair neither for me nor for my enemy, if i win or lose i'd want it because i played good or bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

In every game there is the crit factor that is almost totally based on luck. I have won many fights because of a lucky crit. So if we delete "lucky knockdowns" shall we delete crit and comboes too?
    DL: love|Floating|Olympian|Cornflake
    pl: Karma|VVorld

Lady_Pebbles

Leap is described as a shockwave that knocks down the opponent. Shockwaves in nature both push back -and- down to the ground. The higher your damage and attack, the more powerful it is. Especially when its charged. The best way to avoid its effects is the same as any other skill: stay away from its range.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im having exactly the same problem ,particularly with leap I have people walk straight through it ,no holy blessing used. As you say totally random. I've also spoke to others who have had similar issues with swarm. Another baffling thing I had someone catch me with fatalburst from almost the other side of deathmatch room, yet I've used it in ctf and dm and got no one even with only 1 person near and no zombies and again no holyblessing used. Sometimes I feel this is just a game of lag whoever has least lag wins. If we all play from same server how come not everyone gets lag at same time, I don't know anything about servers and all that stuff but I swear people playing on computer/chrome have an advantage when it comes to this.